Push Button Strap Change System

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Push Button Strap Change System

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 3:20 pm #1

My Pam 24 has the push button system which makes changing straps a cinch however, as we know this system can sometimes fail and the buttons have been known to fall out. An article about this issue was posted a few days ago by BobbyM who had this problem with his Pam24Q

If you own a model with the easy change system, does the possibility of this happening stop you changing straps as much as you would like to or do you switch them more due to the simplicity of the operation. Also, how many times have you changed your strap on a model with this mechanism? I look forward to your comments

fullcourt1
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 3:29 pm #2

on it now is just perfect....

hagwe

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 3:48 pm #3

I would agree it's a great looking strap

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 3:49 pm #4

My Pam 24 has the push button system which makes changing straps a cinch however, as we know this system can sometimes fail and the buttons have been known to fall out. An article about this issue was posted a few days ago by BobbyM who had this problem with his Pam24Q

If you own a model with the easy change system, does the possibility of this happening stop you changing straps as much as you would like to or do you switch them more due to the simplicity of the operation. Also, how many times have you changed your strap on a model with this mechanism? I look forward to your comments
knocking on wood as i type but i have the 312 - i change once a month or so for the past 3 years - so far no issues.

hopefully that streak stays alive!!!

good luck!
Mike C, 312 NYC

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 4:18 pm #5

I change mine about once a month and on occasion twice a month. A big part of owning a Panerai is the fun of changing straps so to stick with the same one until it wears out just wouldn't be in the spirit of things.

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 4:26 pm #6

have a great weekend.
Mike C, 312 NYC

BobbyNYC
Paneristi
BobbyNYC
Paneristi

September 1st, 2017, 7:34 pm #7

As frequently than I'd like to. As of now I'm leaving the oem rubber on for a while.

Ryser74
Paneristi
Ryser74
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 7:32 am #8

Hi Paul
Like Mike I have 312 owned for nearly a year. One of the reasons I chose the model was the quick change system. I have a selection of straps and change regularly, at least once or twice a week. Maybe risky given problems I've read but I didn't buy into the brand to compromise. Enjoy the watch as you want, that's what insurance is for if the worst should happen.

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 8:43 am #9

Nicely put. Yes for sure the push button system is brilliant for doing quick changes with no risk of scratching the lugs. My other Pam has screws and every time I do a strap change on the 112 I put scotch tape around the lugs to avoid any damage just in case the screwdriver slips. Have a good weekend

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 12:30 pm #10

Hi Paul
Like Mike I have 312 owned for nearly a year. One of the reasons I chose the model was the quick change system. I have a selection of straps and change regularly, at least once or twice a week. Maybe risky given problems I've read but I didn't buy into the brand to compromise. Enjoy the watch as you want, that's what insurance is for if the worst should happen.
I always assumed it was for loss or theft?

And then, do you think, or does your plan say whether accidental damage is excluded?

I know op usually blames a dropped watch or "operator error"

Good point!
Mike C, 312 NYC

pards100
Paneristi
pards100
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 2:08 pm #11

Hi,

I also own and pretty much use my pam 24Q as my day to day watch, sometimes with daily strap changes.. on average, I would say straps have been changed at least once a week for the last two years or so. In short, I guess I change straps more often on the 24 than any other Pam in the stable.

Hope this helps.

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 2:54 pm #12

I always assumed it was for loss or theft?

And then, do you think, or does your plan say whether accidental damage is excluded?

I know op usually blames a dropped watch or "operator error"

Good point!
Besides. If it did. It would probably count against you when you renew and give the insurance company a reason to raise their rates.

DON

Ryser74
Paneristi
Ryser74
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 4:19 pm #13

But agree would increase premium for following year. If you were unlucky enough to be in a position where a replacement case was required then paying a couple of hundred excess then a slightly higher premium the following year would definitely be more attractive than paying for the repair In it's entirety.

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2017, 6:32 pm #14

Something to think about
Mike C, 312 NYC

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 3rd, 2017, 10:50 am #15

Hi,

I also own and pretty much use my pam 24Q as my day to day watch, sometimes with daily strap changes.. on average, I would say straps have been changed at least once a week for the last two years or so. In short, I guess I change straps more often on the 24 than any other Pam in the stable.

Hope this helps.
Interesting to hear that you have done a fair few strap changes. That's the beauty of the system it allows you to do this quickly and easily

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 3rd, 2017, 10:52 am #16

But agree would increase premium for following year. If you were unlucky enough to be in a position where a replacement case was required then paying a couple of hundred excess then a slightly higher premium the following year would definitely be more attractive than paying for the repair In it's entirety.
It never occurred to me that in the event of a problem you could make a claim under accidental damage of your insurance policy.

Wlover
Paneristi
Wlover
Paneristi

September 8th, 2017, 9:07 pm #17

I change strap almost every week for my 351 for the last 7 years. No problem.

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

September 9th, 2017, 2:10 pm #18

that's a lot of strap changes and good to hear that you have had no problems.