Positive Panerai service experience

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Positive Panerai service experience

goldengrottosharks
Paneristi

March 12th, 2018, 9:34 pm #1

My Pam 337 had a chip in the bezel and needed an overhaul. I was somewhat fearful due to some of the horror stories I've heard - ridiculous wait times, mysterious scratches, issue not fixed, hair on the dial, etc. I was also concerned about the cost of the bezel. Nonetheless, I decided to take the plunge. Here is the tale of my Pam 337's journey to repair.

On Thursday, February 8, I emailed the concierge to ask about the process of sending my watch in for service. They responded the same day with a form for me to fill out plus shipping instructions. I promptly shipped the watch out the following day and waited for the intake process and diagnosis.

The service center received my watch on Monday, February 12th at 10am. They emailed me the following Wednesday with a diagnosis, breakdown of anticipated work, and cost estimate. I was impressed by their turnaround time on this. They recommended a complete service, a bezel replacement, and optional (complimentary) polishing which was exactly what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by their estimated turnaround time of four weeks. Furthermore, the bezel was quoted at $120. Not quite as bad as I had expected. So far so good.

I had to chuckle when the diagnosis email contained a form where I was to check the various services in order to approve them and then write in my credit card information. The instructions stated, "Please return the signed cost estimate by mail, fax or e-mail. Please provide your credit card information in the space provided. For your security and privacy, please do not include any credit card information in an e-mail." Huh. Well, email would be the quickest and most reliable way to get them the form. I don't have a fax machine, so I called the concierge. She was very friendly and offered to sort out the approval over the phone in order to get things rolling right away. This is the approval method I would recommend to anybody reading this.

Now the Pam 337 is a 42mm Radiomir that wasn't in production for too long and thus is very uncommon. I was nearly certain that there would be a delay as they would have to special order the bezel. Turns out I was wrong. Panerai finished ahead of schedule and completed the overhaul, bezel replacement, and polishing in under 3.5 weeks! They shipped the watch via FedEx on Thursday, March 8th and I received it today - Monday, March 12th.

The best part? I examined with a magnifying glass and saw that they did a wonderful job with the polishing (there weren't any deep scratches to begin with, mind you). They maintained the shape of the case. They also shipped with an added bezel protector as well as that famous black Panerai service case. There were no added scratches on the case/dial, no hairs, no grease, no odd play on the crown, etc. I haven't had it long enough to time the accuracy, but I'm predicting that it will be excellent too.

Maybe I got lucky or maybe Richemont/Panerai are stepping up to the challenge of improving their customer service and reputation in the realm of after sales service and repair. I hope this helps give confidence to the rest of you with in house movement Panerai watches who, like me, have seen so many negative reviews when it comes to service.

DesmoFan
Paneristi
DesmoFan
Paneristi

March 12th, 2018, 11:22 pm #2

I think the horror stories are the exception, not the rule.

Similar to anytime you read a bunch of bad review of a restaurant that's always crowded with happy customers. The only people who bother to write the reviews are usually those with an axe to grind.

Nice watch btw!

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

March 13th, 2018, 12:30 am #3

My Pam 337 had a chip in the bezel and needed an overhaul. I was somewhat fearful due to some of the horror stories I've heard - ridiculous wait times, mysterious scratches, issue not fixed, hair on the dial, etc. I was also concerned about the cost of the bezel. Nonetheless, I decided to take the plunge. Here is the tale of my Pam 337's journey to repair.

On Thursday, February 8, I emailed the concierge to ask about the process of sending my watch in for service. They responded the same day with a form for me to fill out plus shipping instructions. I promptly shipped the watch out the following day and waited for the intake process and diagnosis.

The service center received my watch on Monday, February 12th at 10am. They emailed me the following Wednesday with a diagnosis, breakdown of anticipated work, and cost estimate. I was impressed by their turnaround time on this. They recommended a complete service, a bezel replacement, and optional (complimentary) polishing which was exactly what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by their estimated turnaround time of four weeks. Furthermore, the bezel was quoted at $120. Not quite as bad as I had expected. So far so good.

I had to chuckle when the diagnosis email contained a form where I was to check the various services in order to approve them and then write in my credit card information. The instructions stated, "Please return the signed cost estimate by mail, fax or e-mail. Please provide your credit card information in the space provided. For your security and privacy, please do not include any credit card information in an e-mail." Huh. Well, email would be the quickest and most reliable way to get them the form. I don't have a fax machine, so I called the concierge. She was very friendly and offered to sort out the approval over the phone in order to get things rolling right away. This is the approval method I would recommend to anybody reading this.

Now the Pam 337 is a 42mm Radiomir that wasn't in production for too long and thus is very uncommon. I was nearly certain that there would be a delay as they would have to special order the bezel. Turns out I was wrong. Panerai finished ahead of schedule and completed the overhaul, bezel replacement, and polishing in under 3.5 weeks! They shipped the watch via FedEx on Thursday, March 8th and I received it today - Monday, March 12th.

The best part? I examined with a magnifying glass and saw that they did a wonderful job with the polishing (there weren't any deep scratches to begin with, mind you). They maintained the shape of the case. They also shipped with an added bezel protector as well as that famous black Panerai service case. There were no added scratches on the case/dial, no hairs, no grease, no odd play on the crown, etc. I haven't had it long enough to time the accuracy, but I'm predicting that it will be excellent too.

Maybe I got lucky or maybe Richemont/Panerai are stepping up to the challenge of improving their customer service and reputation in the realm of after sales service and repair. I hope this helps give confidence to the rest of you with in house movement Panerai watches who, like me, have seen so many negative reviews when it comes to service.

You didn’t get lucky, it’s just that the squeaky wheels are very loud. 😄 Happy to see such a positive story.
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 13th, 2018, 1:28 am #4

awesome, every one of my experiences with pasc has been great as well
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

StratosZ4
Paneristi
StratosZ4
Paneristi

March 13th, 2018, 8:46 am #5

I am sure that 99% of the time, things run smoothly like they did for you.

Once a Paneristi, always a Paneristi

hesalitedome
Paneristi

March 13th, 2018, 5:38 pm #6

I have a PAM 249 there now -- fingers crossed and hopeful based on past (good) experience with an IWC 3717 at the RTC.

ristiwrist
Paneristi
ristiwrist
Paneristi

March 19th, 2018, 12:03 am #7

I have always experienced very good service, good that you have too.
You always get what you give.