Please pay your respects to our Bob Quapaw RIP.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Please pay your respects to our Bob Quapaw RIP.....

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 1:56 am #1

This is very hard to write but our close friend, leader and master of life Bob, passed away this morning. It is a shock to all.

A few years ago I returned a call to a Paneristi. I never really knew Bob at the time. I thought it would be easier to talk than type " whats up ". I drove for 30 mins captivated by this man and his intelligence. It started a regular regiment and I loved every call from Bob or to Bob. I always felt like he was right there, just him and me. Bob has a way of making you his only concern and making you feel special. I loved to hear of his family, his verbal and written skills and his approach to life....pure wisdom.

I am so glad that Bob and I talked yesterday. I am so glad that Bob was a part of my life. I am so glad that we can show Tammy and his family what Bob meant to us.
I would ask that we all pray for the comfort that they need.

Bob is at peace and I feel certain he will still ride with me through my day, as Im sure he will with you also. Bob will never be forgotten . How could you. I have met many great people in my life and Bob sits right up there. For that I will be ever grateful.

Bob, you are my friend, my ears, and my light. May you never fade. You reached my heart. Im honoured.

Please pay your respects and pray for Tammy and Bobs family.

Rest well Bob. I truly loved you being a part of me.

As can be seen in this photo Bob was never far apart from Bo. Bob would smile at just the mention on being with him. I would take it as a personal favour if we could watch out for Bo as well. He is truly heartbroken at losing his best friend. Thinking of you Bo.

Last edited by Kingsholm14 on December 31st, 2009, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 1:59 am #2

QuantumMechanic
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 1:59 am #3

This is very hard to write but our close friend, leader and master of life Bob, passed away this morning. It is a shock to all.

A few years ago I returned a call to a Paneristi. I never really knew Bob at the time. I thought it would be easier to talk than type " whats up ". I drove for 30 mins captivated by this man and his intelligence. It started a regular regiment and I loved every call from Bob or to Bob. I always felt like he was right there, just him and me. Bob has a way of making you his only concern and making you feel special. I loved to hear of his family, his verbal and written skills and his approach to life....pure wisdom.

I am so glad that Bob and I talked yesterday. I am so glad that Bob was a part of my life. I am so glad that we can show Tammy and his family what Bob meant to us.

Bob is at peace and I feel certain he will still ride with me through my day, as Im sure he will with you also. Bob will never be forgotten . How could you. I have met many great people in my life and Bob sits right up there. For that I will be ever grateful.

Bob, you are my friend, my ears, and my light. May you never fade. You reached my heart. Im honoured.

As can be seen in this photo Bob was never far apart from Bo. Bob would smile at just the mention on being with him. I would take it as a personal favour if we could watch out for Bo as well. He is truly heartbroken at losing his best friend. Thinking of you Bo.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-Rich Cook

porsche-964
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:00 am #4

Bob was and always will be remembered as a true gentleman......

tevj
Paneristi
tevj
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:00 am #5

That is devastating news. God bless Bob, and prayers and sympathy for all his family.
Last edited by Kingsholm14 on December 27th, 2009, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faith_n_devotion
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:03 am #6

Best,
N

michaelvl
Paneristi
michaelvl
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:06 am #7

Fyssen
Paneristi
Fyssen
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:06 am #8

And my thoughts and prayers go to his wife and loved ones in this momemt of grief.

Lars

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:08 am #9

Oscar Wilde
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

century1
Paneristi
century1
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:08 am #10

Prayers to his family. I'm don't often post nor do I know him other than his posts, but this hit me out of the blue. Wow, is life fragile. Hug your family!.. and if I could do anything I would...

mike2zero
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:09 am #11

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

CraigInCO
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:14 am #12

I didn't know Bob, but even from you few words he sounds like an amazing person. I'll be sending love in the direction of Bob's family and friends.

It is so important to enjoy life and live in the now. It easier said then done, but something to strive for.

God bless you Bob...

Colorado, USA

Race06
Paneristi
Race06
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:15 am #13

My thought's are with the family.

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:16 am #14

I am stunned by this news and this is a terrible loss for Bob's family and this community.

Please accept my deepest condolences and know that he will remain in our thoughts.

My prayers go out to the family.

May his memory be eternal.

Montreal, Canada

jpulli
Paneristi
jpulli
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:17 am #15

covactanks
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:18 am #16

....Once you knew Bob....It was impossible not to love the bloke .
My thoughts are with his 'sweet bride' Tammy and Bob's family

"I'll be the one to show you the way
You'll be the one to always complain "
Kings Of Leon

"I also realized that I don't have to own a watch to appreciate it and I came to understand that to me, watches only represent one facet of a life well lived. Plus I spend less time obsessing over what is next. I found watches not only tell time, they steal it if you let them "
Bernie Urban

hugewhaleshark
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:19 am #17

A great loss to us all.

My heartfelt condolences to Bob's family.

"Aiyah Panerai, buay beh liao eh lah." / Singapore

hugewhaleshark = Yeu Huan = SGRisti

jasonrenfro
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:25 am #18

It has been and will always be an indescribable honor to know and call Bob a friend. I will forever cherish the time I was so fortunate to spend with him. He was among many things a kind, generous and above all honorable man. The things he taught me will always stay with me. My heartfelt and sincerest condolences to Tammy and the whole Quapaw family.

Sincerely,

Jason & Holly Renfro

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:26 am #19

Terrible news. I'll say a prayer for his family. His contributions to this community were very much appreciated.

Michael M.

WKU2004
Paneristi
WKU2004
Paneristi

December 27th, 2009, 2:26 am #20

My prayers go to his family and may he rest in peace.

What a terrible way to wrap up the holidays !

adam .313.