Panerai Maintenance

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Panerai Maintenance

jl52
Paneristi
jl52
Paneristi

April 9th, 2012, 10:43 pm #1

Hi All,

Saw another post that got me thinking. I am looking at getting a PAM 312 (my first Panerai) and wanted some feedback from the experts.

What sort of maintenance (frequency and cost) can I expect on this watch?

Thanks!

JL

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 1:35 am #2

I own a large number of Panerai's. Nothing has ever gone wrong with any one of them that required a service. However, I have had several of them serviced because I wanted to keep them in top shape and after so many years I figured it was about time.

I am continually amazed at the accuracy of ALL my Panerais - far better than any Rolex I have ever owned.

Suffice it to say I am extremely happy with the brand itself but have issues with other Panerai-related things. I don't think you can go wrong with your Panerai watch. You'll love it.

</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" rel="nofollow">

jimly
Paneristi
jimly
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 6:00 am #3

Hi All,

Saw another post that got me thinking. I am looking at getting a PAM 312 (my first Panerai) and wanted some feedback from the experts.

Thanks!

JL
Hey, there. I got my 312 a little over a month ago and I've been enjoying the hell out of it everyday since. I don't know about the exact cost for a basic maintenance yet but I figure if you're going to own a higher end mechanical watch, regardless of the brand, it's not going to be cheap. In terms of frequency, I've read that every 5 years is a good time frame. I've had an Omega Seamaster for 15 years now and never had it in for maintenance until after 9 years. It still runs like a charm and keep accurate time.

I'm also a first time Panerai owner and by no means an expert but all I can tell you is that it's worth every penny.

stingerstingray
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 6:54 am #4

Hi All,

Thanks!

JL
seeing other paneristis' photos of their watches to get different ideas. As far as maintenance, the only thing I've had to do is to get scratches buffed out. I don't mind but rather happily spend $ on maintenance and accessories for my watches.

219; Pam382 'Bronzo'; (Pam112 & Rolex GMT MasterII - RIP)

tpearman
Paneristi
tpearman
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 8:26 pm #5

Hi All,

Thanks!

JL
I took my 161 for "regular" servicing after having it for nearly 6 years without any problems whatsoever. The Panerai boutique estimated between $800-$1100, but would only give me an exact estimate after sending it to the service center. So, I took it to a local jeweler I trust, and he serviced and polished the watch for $584 including tax. And it is keeping perfect time and looks brand new!