Panerai diving video

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Panerai diving video

Barts27
Paneristi
Barts27
Paneristi

December 25th, 2015, 2:12 pm #1

I bought a German watch magazine lately and there was an article about Panerai.
A combat diver in authentic suit tested the Panerai 00442.

Have fun!

http://www.watchtime.net/video/panerai/

Barts27
Paneristi
Barts27
Paneristi

December 25th, 2015, 2:28 pm #2

Thanks to Chrono watch magazine.

allgooddays
Paneristi

December 25th, 2015, 10:24 pm #3

A bunch of aging WW II fetishists submersing themselves in 5 feet of water in vintage reproduction gear for a photo shoot is not exactly an impressive feat of adventure or technical achievement.
Sad really.

iroca
Paneristi
iroca
Paneristi

December 25th, 2015, 11:00 pm #4

40ft in some short shorts and a leg knife!
LOL

JohnCoburn
Paneristi

December 25th, 2015, 11:54 pm #5

A bunch of aging WW II fetishists submersing themselves in 5 feet of water in vintage reproduction gear for a photo shoot is not exactly an impressive feat of adventure or technical achievement.
Sad really.
Why so critical? If that is what they enjoy, then more power to them. Seriously, why do you feel the need to criticize them?

iroca
Paneristi
iroca
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 12:48 am #6

If you think I'm criticizing by posting a picture of me wearing short shorts and a diving knife strapped to my leg then sorry you missed the humor.
I thought AGD commenting on them being in 5ft of water was hilarious.
Honestly, I thought the pics in all that get up looked cool. If I could have gotten the same gear to resort dive in Jamaica last summer, I totally would have rocked it! The dive instructors probably would have loved it more than the leg knife....
None the less, I enjoyed pleasure diving with the PAM just as much as J-C Biver did in the video and thought I would add that I "tested" the PAM 40ft.... LOL

Yann1ck
Paneristi
Yann1ck
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 6:38 am #7

Have fun!

but this morning with my daughter at Molokini, Maui, it was the GP.

joerg-luminor
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 10:22 am #8

Have fun!

Is it a joke ? My bathroom is deeper ;-). n.T.

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 1:14 pm #9

Have fun!

Pretty sure they were doing a photo shoot and testing things like underwater visibility.

JohnCoburn
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 1:19 pm #10

If you think I'm criticizing by posting a picture of me wearing short shorts and a diving knife strapped to my leg then sorry you missed the humor.
I thought AGD commenting on them being in 5ft of water was hilarious.
Honestly, I thought the pics in all that get up looked cool. If I could have gotten the same gear to resort dive in Jamaica last summer, I totally would have rocked it! The dive instructors probably would have loved it more than the leg knife....
None the less, I enjoyed pleasure diving with the PAM just as much as J-C Biver did in the video and thought I would add that I "tested" the PAM 40ft.... LOL
It cracked me up! I was just wondering why AGD said the original posters were "sad". Seemed a little harsh.

iroca
Paneristi
iroca
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 2:34 pm #11

the watch. Sad it was only "tested" a couple feet deep.

Maybe it was just a legibility test.
The water they were in looked pretty murky and not really deep/dark enough to glow/read...but maybe.

I wonder how deep anyone has actually dove with a panerai...

MattyMac
Paneristi
MattyMac
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 3:08 pm #12

Have fun!

I liked it, I am a bit biased since I have a 422.

I can take mine in a swimming pool as well....

Matt aka "MattyMac"

fletch01
Paneristi
fletch01
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 3:26 pm #13

The water they were in looked pretty murky and not really deep/dark enough to glow/read...but maybe.

The Kampfschwimmer use a non open system (but you are be able to open it, than you can go deeper) which name is draeger LAR (you can google it for detail technic information)

The normal operation deep is around 10 meter for the Kampfschwimmer. If you go deeper with a non open System the Lime which were used together with Co2 (these combination gives you the possibility to stay around 4 hours underwater for your operation) makes the Oxygen toxic. It is totally dangerous to go deeper.

I stay close in contact with the german Kampfschwimmer and i have some friends there. One is Jens Höner (an active German KS and the Guy in this Video...google his name and you got more information).

This article was made for entertainment. Show old stuff in "action".

Jens is also a collector of old diving stuff and he is an absolutely expert and instructor of the special diving Equip. He trained the new Kampfschwimmer in one part were they operate. The Water.

I hope now you will understand it better

my deepest Dive with a Panerai was together with a Bronzo in Greek Santorini around 30 meter

i took that pic in a cave were Jaques Cousteau was very often years ago

iroca
Paneristi
iroca
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 4:57 pm #14

It's makes sense to use a rebreather for longer operations. I burned through 2500 psi of O2 in the resort tanks in about 30mins!
Diving was a amazing experience. A fantastic combination of natural beauty, therapeutic sense of self being, and the underling feeling of danger and helplessness.
Having done it, I respect the diver and skill. I may never make it past 40ft but the idea of challenging the depths is enticing ....

Sweet pic of the Cousteau plaque! I'm glad you captured the Bronzo in the moment. I'd love to take a PAM there some day

JohnCoburn
Paneristi

December 26th, 2015, 4:58 pm #15

Makes sense...

Happy holidays!

allgooddays
Paneristi

December 27th, 2015, 10:02 am #16

Pretty sure they were doing a photo shoot and testing things like underwater visibility.
http://peternicholson.co/ROLEX-DOCUMENTARY-TRIESTE

JohnCoburn
Paneristi

December 27th, 2015, 1:41 pm #17

Hard to argue the accomplishments of Rolex.

Barts27
Paneristi
Barts27
Paneristi

December 29th, 2015, 12:32 pm #18

The Kampfschwimmer use a non open system (but you are be able to open it, than you can go deeper) which name is draeger LAR (you can google it for detail technic information)

The normal operation deep is around 10 meter for the Kampfschwimmer. If you go deeper with a non open System the Lime which were used together with Co2 (these combination gives you the possibility to stay around 4 hours underwater for your operation) makes the Oxygen toxic. It is totally dangerous to go deeper.

I stay close in contact with the german Kampfschwimmer and i have some friends there. One is Jens Höner (an active German KS and the Guy in this Video...google his name and you got more information).

Jens is also a collector of old diving stuff and he is an absolutely expert and instructor of the special diving Equip. He trained the new Kampfschwimmer in one part were they operate. The Water.

my deepest Dive with a Panerai was together with a Bronzo in Greek Santorini around 30 meter

Thanks Marcus for making it more clear for the community ;-)

ctang
Paneristi
ctang
Paneristi

January 1st, 2016, 3:33 pm #19

"The normal operation deep is around 10 meter for the Kampfschwimmer. If you go deeper with a non open System the Lime which were used together with Co2 (these combination gives you the possibility to stay around 4 hours underwater for your operation) makes the Oxygen toxic. It is totally dangerous to go deeper. "

Hi, I'm a technical CCR diver. There is no interaction between the CO2 scrubber media ("sorb") and the gas in the breathing loop that makes oxygen any more toxic than it is in open circuit SCUBA applications. The absorbent material, such as Sofnolime, only reacts with the CO2 in the breathing gas mixture and its scrubbing capability is not affected by depth but rather the overall amount of CO2 being catalyzed. Having a closed gas loop simply means that the diver varies the percentage of oxygen content in the gas mixture to maintain a constant partial pressure of O2 as opposed to having a variable PPO2 and a fixed fraction of O2 as is the case when diving open circuit scuba. It is not 'totally dangerous to go deeper' using a rebreather. In fact, it is much safer in several important respects as compared to switching between tanks of varying EANx percentages during a deep dive.

Here's a photo of me at 60 meters depth on a CCR, off the western coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia:

fletch01
Paneristi
fletch01
Paneristi

January 2nd, 2016, 10:06 am #20

...you are be able to use special technic to go safe deep with this system for sure

But the Kampfschwimmer only use the LAR Dräger System

The Minediver go deeper with the open system

I speak about the Coma hyperkapnicum which come if you go too deep with a !! close !! System and the Kampfschwimmer (special the old one in the WW2) don´t operate deep about this

The old and the close system of Rebreather are totally not comparable with this what you made in the deep

These to know is necessary

but i´m sure you know that and it is a Missunderstanding

i only spoke about close Systems and the operation deep of the Kampfschwimmer

not about the role Tec Dive World