Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Panerai 911

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 12:08 am #1

I have an opportunity to obtain a 911. I got a call and was asked if i wanted to ourchase on. $6600 USD. Seems like a great looking watch and i love the case, dial, hands and lume combo. I am interested in opinions about this poece as it does seem rather unique. I dont buy as an investment but typically hope not to lose a bunch either if i where ever to sell.

Chrisfrombyron
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 1:08 am #2

Despite the fact that green can be a polarising colour , I would jump at the chance .

In fact , I'm on a wait list myself .

I wouldn't hesitate one millisecond , as to future value , I think that's dependent
to a degree on the future popularity of Panerai and if they don't follow this one up
with an almost identical non ltd edition , but at the pricepoint I would say yes !

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 1:33 am #3

I have an opportunity to obtain a 911. I got a call and was asked if i wanted to ourchase on. $6600 USD. Seems like a great looking watch and i love the case, dial, hands and lume combo. I am interested in opinions about this poece as it does seem rather unique. I dont buy as an investment but typically hope not to lose a bunch either if i where ever to sell.
....just not my thing. Whether it goes up, down or sideways, who knows, but don’t buy it with that concern in mind. 👍🏻
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 5:43 am #4

The dial looks very different in many of the images i have seen. I like the darker images which i believe to be most accurate.

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 5:44 am #5

....just not my thing. Whether it goes up, down or sideways, who knows, but don’t buy it with that concern in mind. 👍🏻
I like to avoid significant depreciation in any item i purchase. Simple common sense for me.

micah372
Paneristi
micah372
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 6:08 am #6

Sometimes purchases are about more than just money. [nt]

Chrisfrombyron
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 6:51 am #7

The dial looks very different in many of the images i have seen. I like the darker images which i believe to be most accurate.
I suspect it may be renamed the 911 gtg -

aperna
Paneristi
aperna
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 2:01 pm #8

I own one and love it. I don't know how to post pics on this site. I do have pics on the panerai section of the Rolex forums.

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 2:24 pm #9

Saw one yesterday at a boutique - IMO, it's a great looking watch - the green is distinctive but subtle.

But, you should only get it if you think you'll love it.
JB in Shaker

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 2:36 pm #10

I will be able to see one in the next couple of days. I am interested in the blend of the dial, gold hands and lume. If it looks great on the wrist then it would most likely be a go for me. I have never been a flipper and my instinct is the days of Panerai as a rare comodity are mostly behind us.

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 3:35 pm #11

I got the call and because of the connection to Sig. Bonati and it being his last piece, I jumped at the chance to own it. What I didn't count on was how much I would dig this piece for so many other reasons. From the green dial and gold hands, to the screw down casebook and screw in lugs, to the fact that it's an 8 day movement and does not say 8 day on the dian, to Sig, Bonati's initial on the back...it's a great piece all around.

...just my $.02 but I'm a fan.

Last edited by Acro-Pilot on March 10th, 2018, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

DesmoFan
Paneristi
DesmoFan
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 4:11 pm #12

They reverted back to the screw down case back and lugs for this piece. That is very cool of them.

Marina's are not my thing as I don't like giving up the 9 for the seconds complication (Just personal preference for symmetry).

Otherwise I have to agree, the 911 has many things going for it.

gfriedell
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 5:31 pm #13

Only the newer Luminor models with less than 3 days PR have the snap backs.

DesmoFan
Paneristi
DesmoFan
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 6:58 pm #14

Haven't been paying attention to the 8 day models in that case since the switch for the rest.

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

March 10th, 2018, 8:11 pm #15

Oh yeah, and the sandwich dial. Other 8 days are painted dials. nt
- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 12:46 am #16

I got the call and because of the connection to Sig. Bonati and it being his last piece, I jumped at the chance to own it. What I didn't count on was how much I would dig this piece for so many other reasons. From the green dial and gold hands, to the screw down casebook and screw in lugs, to the fact that it's an 8 day movement and does not say 8 day on the dian, to Sig, Bonati's initial on the back...it's a great piece all around.

They clearly make the watch special. The initials are nice, so os the last one text. After the 634 it is nice to see classic Luminor detailing.

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 12:47 am #17

They clearly make the watch special. The initials are nice, so os the last one text. After the 634 it is nice to see classic Luminor detailing.

kftman
Paneristi
kftman
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 2:31 am #18

Not all.
______
Mark K

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 6:11 am #19

Not to mention all that is so much more behind this initiative and sentiments from Sig Bonati 🙏🏻👏

BUT much much MUCH better on the wrist than in images I’ve seen of it ☝️
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

Chrisfrombyron
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 10:04 am #20

I hope to have one on my wrist soon !!!! (nt)