Panerai 312 - genuine?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Panerai 312 - genuine?

ba9ag
New User
ba9ag
New User

May 27th, 2012, 6:29 pm #1

Hi all,

I've just picked up my new Panerai 312 today which I bought from eBay (I know, should have gone to an AD but the seller appears to be genuine with good feedback).

Before I start, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to doubt the authenticity of this PAM and I studied official images of the watch very closely before going to pick it up. I can't see anything that makes me believe that this is not genuine but I want to be absolutely sure so I thought I'd ask the experts.

I've posted a few photos of my new baby which hopefully you'll all confirm as being the real deal.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 6:55 pm #2

ba9ag
New User
ba9ag
New User

May 27th, 2012, 7:04 pm #3

I don't have any reason to suspect anything wrong but this is my first Panerai and I have no reasonable frame of reference besides internet photos. I just wanted to check that it's all ok with people who have much more experience in this field than me. Thanks again for your response.

huaacuiih
Paneristi
huaacuiih
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 7:15 pm #4

Hi all,

I've just picked up my new Panerai 312 today which I bought from eBay (I know, should have gone to an AD but the seller appears to be genuine with good feedback).

Before I start, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to doubt the authenticity of this PAM and I studied official images of the watch very closely before going to pick it up. I can't see anything that makes me believe that this is not genuine but I want to be absolutely sure so I thought I'd ask the experts.

I've posted a few photos of my new baby which hopefully you'll all confirm as being the real deal.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

I'm not an expert here, but have seen plenty of 312s.
Everything looks fine. Enjoy your new beauty!

paneristi-europe
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 7:34 pm #5

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Looks all good.

dukerules
Paneristi
dukerules
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 8:02 pm #6

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

and then let it sit. If it's genuine, the power reserve will be 3+ days. No chance a fake movement will come close to that.

Chapel Hill, NC

jeckert7
Paneristi
jeckert7
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 8:30 pm #7

Just so everyone is clear, what do you consider a full wind? I know everyone has their own rule...

kenkan
Paneristi
kenkan
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 10:31 pm #8

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

I'm sure this is a real Pam that you own it, cheers

Wear it in good health,thank you for sharing,M8

Regards

KenKan

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 27th, 2012, 11:23 pm #9

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

it looks ok for me...

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 28th, 2012, 12:05 am #10

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Looks real to me! Congrats on the 312 - very nice watch! :-)

subtribe
Paneristi
subtribe
Paneristi

May 28th, 2012, 12:06 am #11

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

It looks authentic to me - I own one. Does it feel hefty/heavy?

wheaton26
Paneristi

May 28th, 2012, 1:56 am #12

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

you've got yourself a genuine pam 312. it's unfortunate because your wallet is gonna take a beating buying straps and more panerai's now that you've been bitten by the bug. there's no need to do a full wind and let it sit ... you've got the real deal. enjoy it and congrats from another 312 owner!

wheaton26@hotmail.com

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

May 28th, 2012, 2:04 am #13

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

312 is one of my favorites.

Just living the dream waiting for the next PAM

ba9ag
New User
ba9ag
New User

May 28th, 2012, 6:52 am #14

I wouldn't say it feels hefty, it's certainly a lot larger than anything I'm used to but I have quite large wrists so it feels a better weight/size than my old Breitling. I'm also astonished by how much more comfortable it is to wear than the old Breitling too.

ba9ag
New User
ba9ag
New User

May 28th, 2012, 6:55 am #15

you've got yourself a genuine pam 312. it's unfortunate because your wallet is gonna take a beating buying straps and more panerai's now that you've been bitten by the bug. there's no need to do a full wind and let it sit ... you've got the real deal. enjoy it and congrats from another 312 owner!

wheaton26@hotmail.com
Ain't that the truth! I've definitely got the bug for Panerais now. On the straps front, the original Panerai straps it came with (had a brand new, unused brown alligator strap with it as well) are not quite big enough for my wrists and I thought I might look at some custom straps. I like the Toshi straps but can you give me any recommendations? I'd quite like an alligator strap but Toshi don't do one.

ba9ag
New User
ba9ag
New User

May 28th, 2012, 6:58 am #16

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Thanks all for your responses. Def got the Panerai bug now!