Panerai 00026K courtesy or GUSH

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Panerai 00026K courtesy or GUSH

jaykay177
Paneristi
jaykay177
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 4:49 pm #1

When I bought my first Panerai back in 2004 (a G serial 00177) I thought along with my Rolex sea-dweller it would be the only model from the brand I would buy.........how wrong I was.....

After having stopped visiting the Paneristi website for a number of years due to work and personal commitments completely by chance I commented on a thread on another forum ( Osit Archive) to which I am a member. It was a timepiece thread and somebody put a pic up of a PVD 360! I instantly knew I had to have this PVD beauty, after contacting the member it turns out to be our very own Adrian, COVAC! I was then informed about the story of the 360 and quickly realised that obtaining one was going to be virtually impossible, unless that is I wanted to spend mega bucks and pay considerable flippers tax!

Ade then invited me along to the DBA meet last September and I can well and truly say that the bug has bitten me again. It was great to meet some of the guys at the DBA and see first hand some of the PVD watches in the metal as I had only ever seen them in pictures. I was well and truly smitten by the 360, there were 11 in attendance that day and an amazing 9A I think it was that belonged to a guy from Liverpool. The search for a PVD began that day.

Fast forward to May 2012 when GUSH puts up a FS thread in Collectors Market! PAM00026K! Now I am not left handed so technically a 28L may be better suited for me but I don't like the dial on that so with having deep pockets and VERY short arms the 26K was the perfect compromise. Clearly from GUSH' recent thread he had managed to track down a 26A, hence the sale of this.

So fast forward to yesterday, with help from Adrian who collected the watch on my behalf from GUSH I drove down to Dunton Bassett and collected my first PVD Panerai.

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

I took this picture this morning as I was setting off to work, thought it captured pretty much everything that needed to be captured about this truly astonishing machine. When I picked it up Ade got his 360 out to compare the 2 watches and the DLC is identical on both, if any of you 360 left handed owners out there are slightly tapped in the head and would fancy a trade with this by all means get in touch. as nice at the 26K is the 360 is just sublime and truly a grail of mine.

So I would just like to extend my thanks and gratitude to GUSH for allowing this precious piece out of his collection and giving me the opportunity to now not only have a PVD Panerai for my collections but also a Destro, after a day of wearing it it feels very comfortable and granted it has taken a bit of getting used to I am certain it's something that will be with me for a long time.

A big thanks also has to go to Ade for being the go between on the transaction. It really couldn't have gone any smoother!

abunai
Paneristi
abunai
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 5:10 pm #2

Congrats on your recent acquisition. That 26K is a beauty. Hopefully some contacts you regarding that 360 trade. =p

jaykay177
Paneristi
jaykay177
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 5:14 pm #3

I won't be holding my breath!

Congrats to you with the goodies from Gush, had my fingers crossed for that strap

covactanks
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 7:23 pm #4

When I bought my first Panerai back in 2004 (a G serial 00177) I thought along with my Rolex sea-dweller it would be the only model from the brand I would buy.........how wrong I was.....

After having stopped visiting the Paneristi website for a number of years due to work and personal commitments completely by chance I commented on a thread on another forum ( Osit Archive) to which I am a member. It was a timepiece thread and somebody put a pic up of a PVD 360! I instantly knew I had to have this PVD beauty, after contacting the member it turns out to be our very own Adrian, COVAC! I was then informed about the story of the 360 and quickly realised that obtaining one was going to be virtually impossible, unless that is I wanted to spend mega bucks and pay considerable flippers tax!

Ade then invited me along to the DBA meet last September and I can well and truly say that the bug has bitten me again. It was great to meet some of the guys at the DBA and see first hand some of the PVD watches in the metal as I had only ever seen them in pictures. I was well and truly smitten by the 360, there were 11 in attendance that day and an amazing 9A I think it was that belonged to a guy from Liverpool. The search for a PVD began that day.

Fast forward to May 2012 when GUSH puts up a FS thread in Collectors Market! PAM00026K! Now I am not left handed so technically a 28L may be better suited for me but I don't like the dial on that so with having deep pockets and VERY short arms the 26K was the perfect compromise. Clearly from GUSH' recent thread he had managed to track down a 26A, hence the sale of this.

So fast forward to yesterday, with help from Adrian who collected the watch on my behalf from GUSH I drove down to Dunton Bassett and collected my first PVD Panerai.

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

I took this picture this morning as I was setting off to work, thought it captured pretty much everything that needed to be captured about this truly astonishing machine. When I picked it up Ade got his 360 out to compare the 2 watches and the DLC is identical on both, if any of you 360 left handed owners out there are slightly tapped in the head and would fancy a trade with this by all means get in touch. as nice at the 26K is the 360 is just sublime and truly a grail of mine.

So I would just like to extend my thanks and gratitude to GUSH for allowing this precious piece out of his collection and giving me the opportunity to now not only have a PVD Panerai for my collections but also a Destro, after a day of wearing it it feels very comfortable and granted it has taken a bit of getting used to I am certain it's something that will be with me for a long time.

A big thanks also has to go to Ade for being the go between on the transaction. It really couldn't have gone any smoother!
Enjoy your first hit of PVD JK ....Sure it won'y be the last

<a href="http://photobucket.com">
'Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore'

</a>

RIPBBQ

Phumanchu
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 7:36 pm #5

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

nellisc
Paneristi
nellisc
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 8:01 pm #6

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

One thing though, it won't stop there!! Hope to see you out on one of the nights. Best Nick

PorscheAndPanerai
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 8:25 pm #7

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

Should have just went for a 000 or 005 pvd/dlc project and saved the cash, being a left handed and all... 360 will be slim to none, but hopefully it works for you.. I have a 360 and it's an awesome piece, however, I loved the versatility with straps much more on my dlc 005 without the vintage lume/patina...

Enjoy it

Martin

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 8:27 pm #8

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

It's a great watch and in great hands with you : ))

Please don't listen to Ade - it looks much better on you than on his gorilla arm!!

GUSH

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 8:33 pm #9

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

best Jp

jaykay177
Paneristi
jaykay177
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 8:43 pm #10

Should have just went for a 000 or 005 pvd/dlc project and saved the cash, being a left handed and all... 360 will be slim to none, but hopefully it works for you.. I have a 360 and it's an awesome piece, however, I loved the versatility with straps much more on my dlc 005 without the vintage lume/patina...

Enjoy it

Martin
But I wanted it to be an original factory finish DLC coating. The 360 thing is a pipe dream.

The more I look at the 26 on my wrist though them more and more I like it with the crown guard at the no 9 side. It really gives it a point of difference to my other PAM's.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

jaykay177
Paneristi
jaykay177
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 8:45 pm #11

It's a great watch and in great hands with you : ))

Please don't listen to Ade - it looks much better on you than on his gorilla arm!!

GUSH
44mm look too small on his wrist anyway!
I have my eye on a couple in his box!

MarkSanders
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 9:18 pm #12

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

And wear it in the best of health!

Greetings,

Mark Sanders

hjhph
Paneristi
hjhph
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 10:38 pm #13

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

sellers and delivery boys don't come any better!!!!

"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a even smaller hole,
with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose" Winston Churchill

vannjam
Paneristi
vannjam
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 10:46 pm #14

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 11:03 pm #15

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
- Howard Dietz

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

June 18th, 2012, 11:58 pm #16

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

nice pickup....1 of my favourite pam model

ravi76
Paneristi
ravi76
Paneristi

June 19th, 2012, 12:07 am #17

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

Nice one!

sdumperth
Paneristi

June 19th, 2012, 12:40 am #18

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

Great piece! Enjoy it well!!!!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

June 19th, 2012, 12:44 am #19

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

What an Excellent choice by chance, L0L

Best lookin sandwich scan in a while - that 26 looks like a safe dweller finally out 2c the light of day . . Congrats M8

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

June 19th, 2012, 12:47 am #20

The 2008 SE PAM00026K

- Peter

- Peter

So much more than just a watch!