PAM missing

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

PAM missing

cgjane
New User
cgjane
New User

April 21st, 2012, 3:41 am #1

from my collection:

Long time lurker, been intrigued with Panerai, almost pulled the trigger a few times, but always went with another.
Panerai was always the bridesmaid, but I think she will be a bride this time.

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.

khiroshima
Paneristi
khiroshima
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 4:33 am #2

As with most all questions, it depends . . .

Open ended questions like this will frequently have responses of merely what people have bought themselves, which, I suspect is of little value to you. Looking at your fine collection, are you looking for your first PAM to complement or contrast? I see a few chronos, are you looking to add or go more minimalist? As I said, you don't really care what I have, but if you give hints as to what your preferences are, I believe you will get more meaningful input-- KH

RRM1020
Paneristi
RRM1020
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 5:27 am #3

from my collection:

Long time lurker, been intrigued with Panerai, almost pulled the trigger a few times, but always went with another.

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
How about both? Lol

Tough call but go with what appeals to you most.
I, personally, started with a base 112. Three months later that was gone and I now have four Pam's.

Rads are more dressier, in my opinion although I'll wear mine with jeans.

As a matter of fact I am looking to add another and will go simple base.

Just my two cents.... Welcome to the club.

LarsDenmark
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 6:50 am #4

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
Very VERY nice collection. From the looks of it, money is not an object, when it comes to watches for you. Since you have a PVD'ed Explorer, you must also like black watches, so why not try ceramics? If I had that kind of $, I would go for the 317, 335 or (when they hit the market)441/438. Remeber, if you go for the 317, to find a used/BNIB with a PVD'ed movement, and bear in mind, when choosing between 438/441, that the 438 has a PVD'ed movement, while the 441 has a smoked crystal back in stead (as do 335 and later 317, if I'm not mistaken.

There's watches, and there's time-telling devices. Wether you notice the difference is a question of passion!

Best Regards,
Lars

Swiss-Adoration
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 7:05 am #5

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
Hello,

Superb collection mate! I would suggest that you visit an authorized dealer.

It will allow you to handle and try on several different models.

Cheers,

Val

cgjane
New User
cgjane
New User

April 21st, 2012, 12:19 pm #6

As with most all questions, it depends . . .

Open ended questions like this will frequently have responses of merely what people have bought themselves, which, I suspect is of little value to you. Looking at your fine collection, are you looking for your first PAM to complement or contrast? I see a few chronos, are you looking to add or go more minimalist? As I said, you don't really care what I have, but if you give hints as to what your preferences are, I believe you will get more meaningful input-- KH
The one that Im infatuated with is the 210 (right now).

I really like the minimalist look on the base, and I like the non painted ones the most.

The Rad seems perfect because I can wear it with jeans and suits.

Confunktion
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 12:32 pm #7

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
You know you love it

Cheers,

-TLG

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 2:27 pm #8

The one that Im infatuated with is the 210 (right now).

I really like the minimalist look on the base, and I like the non painted ones the most.

The Rad seems perfect because I can wear it with jeans and suits.
I'd lean that direction when looking at your current collection, simply due to the unique appearance it would bring to what you already have. Of course, a Luminor model may offer more overall consistency to what you have, but if you want something different the Rad will stand out. Also yes, the 210 is very nice and versatile.

ajpsurf
Paneristi
ajpsurf
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 2:31 pm #9

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
I will have agree with Kevin, what I wear you may like it, but will you wear it? You will just have to take the plunge... Let me worn you, "you can't just own one Panerai". I had to put in quotes as noticed this on a post a long time ago. If you like the 210, than like the post from TLG, go 232. I have both the 210 and 232, and the 210 is now as safe queen... Enjoy what ever you get.

Allan

cpoomchai
Paneristi
cpoomchai
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 2:41 pm #10

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
Nt.

mfer
Paneristi
mfer
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 3:07 pm #11

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
A 210 and 390
Or

Le-Chef
Paneristi
Le-Chef
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 4:23 pm #12

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
One interesting choice might be a 190, if you can find one. 8 day hand wound movement, gold hands: it just looks the biz. Would also be a nice compliment to your collection.

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

April 21st, 2012, 5:30 pm #13

from my collection:

Now, my conundrum is:

Radiomir or Not.
To carry on your Rolex theme, how about a new 448 with a Cali dial? The dial is a little busy for me, but seems to fit in with your current collection. Or a 380 might be cool with the OP logo.
Another option is to go Ceramic / black. The 292 maybe?
Anyway, you can't go too wrong with a Radiomir (tm). Good luck. Make sure you review the P.com reference section so you can see all the pics of the models in one place.
Best,
Greg

pippinone
Paneristi
pippinone
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2012, 12:15 am #14

Well, not to make your life more complicated, but you might also consider a Sub. These would definitely fit in with your Rolex watches.

However, if I had to limit myself to one PAM (which I fortunately do not) I think I'd go with a Rad. IMHO they are more versatile. On a black croc. strap they work with a suite, and with a nice ammo strap they are perfect for jeans and a t-shirt.

The problem with there being lots of models is that having so many choices can sometimes be a little overwhelming. My advice is to winnow down the potential pool by first eliminating catagories - i.e. do I want a sub, a rad, a luminor; do I want a date; do I want a sub seconds; will a 44 or 45 mm watch be too small; will a 47 mm watch be too big; steel, titanium or gold; automatic or manual wind. As you begin to answer these questions you will find yourself homing in on one or two models.