PAM 382 general thoughts...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

PAM 382 general thoughts...

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 12:23 am #1

Just thinking out loud, but I have been thinking a lot about the desirability of the Panerai 382. I like the watch, but I have to wonder if I would still like it as much if they continue to make bronze models.
I think they could make 8,000,000. 372's and I would still want one, just not sure about 382. Don't get me wrong, its very nice, but does anybody agree that part of the appeal is that it is so different?
Just reminds me of the 292 when it came out....post after post, now they are affordable and not spoken about so much?
just thinking and sparking some conversation.

000 "I"
002 "C"

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 12:55 am #2

I never liked the dial of the 305 nor the display case back so the 382 never spoke to me. I honestly would've preferred the watch to look more similar to the 243 perhaps without a cyclops and 47mm.

I also agree with you the 372 is quintessential Panerai, very basic large diving watch with a crown guard with historic roots. I mean for Panerai that is their hero product in a way....

fran91
Paneristi
fran91
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 1:13 am #3

Just thinking out loud, but I have been thinking a lot about the desirability of the Panerai 382. I like the watch, but I have to wonder if I would still like it as much if they continue to make bronze models.
I think they could make 8,000,000. 372's and I would still want one, just not sure about 382. Don't get me wrong, its very nice, but does anybody agree that part of the appeal is that it is so different?
Just reminds me of the 292 when it came out....post after post, now they are affordable and not spoken about so much?

000 "I"
002 "C"
and also a SL of 1000.
that completes the appeal.

Vulnerant Omnes, Ultima Necat.

jacksonian71
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 1:30 am #4

000 "I"
002 "C"
The appeal of the 382 is that it's awesome.

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 2:04 am #5

That's an awesome strap and picture.

coolzero77
Paneristi
coolzero77
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 3:09 am #6

000 "I"
002 "C"
Yes, the 372 is an amazing piece.. Subtle, elegant, tasteful, classic Panerai. It is most definitely one to have. The 382 on the other hand is something else, something different. Striking and nothing subtle about it. It just radiates awesome-ness!! In the end, its chocolate and vanilla, whichever you like more. Unless you really like ice cream like me and have to have both, which is exactly what I did. I can't see Panerai making anymore bronze pieces, but who knows. Plus I honestly don't think any other model could pull off the the bronze like a Sub.

hardimana
Paneristi
hardimana
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 3:37 am #7

000 "I"
002 "C"
But that is what is great about the brand! something for everyone.. To me the Bronzo is the ultimate Panerai.. A grail for me and many...
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

TRISTAN29
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 3:44 am #8

Yes, the 372 is an amazing piece.. Subtle, elegant, tasteful, classic Panerai. It is most definitely one to have. The 382 on the other hand is something else, something different. Striking and nothing subtle about it. It just radiates awesome-ness!! In the end, its chocolate and vanilla, whichever you like more. Unless you really like ice cream like me and have to have both, which is exactly what I did. I can't see Panerai making anymore bronze pieces, but who knows. Plus I honestly don't think any other model could pull off the the bronze like a Sub.

hardimana
Paneristi
hardimana
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 3:46 am #9

But that is what is great about the brand! something for everyone.. To me the Bronzo is the ultimate Panerai.. A grail for me and many...
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Rippie
Paneristi
Rippie
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 4:00 am #10

000 "I"
002 "C"
Disagree. Bronzo is a wonderful piece that only Panerai could pull off. I remember when Panerai issued the 249 as a special edition. Who was making a watch like that? It's still a mind blower, years later. If you get sick of your 382, i'll take it! Bret

patStc
Paneristi
patStc
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 4:14 am #11

The appeal of the 382 is that it's awesome.

That's how it's supposed to look!

col3man
Paneristi
col3man
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 4:31 am #12

000 "I"
002 "C"
I agree that they are not for everybody, but the process of patina, "wabi-sabi" if you will, is very interesting to me.. I love things that show age and a story.. items that develop a personality. But.. Help me out here.. I missed getting my name on a list for the 382, and now they are fetching $22k?? What should I look for to get my name on the list of the next one.. When do you think the next line will be announced and what is the process for getting on a list>>? I have never done it, I usually just get my PAMs from open stock, and not from lists.. tips appreciated.. thanks..

vannjam
Paneristi
vannjam
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 2:31 am #13

000 "I"
002 "C"
A complete different watch and looks absolutly stunning.....