Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

PAM 320 vs PAM 1320

Yzagite
New User
Yzagite
New User

December 3rd, 2017, 7:14 am #1

Hi All. I am a newbie here and seeking advise and guidance.

I have settled on the PAM 320/1320 for my first Panerai. After going back and forth many times between the 312/1312 and the 320/1320 (IE, with GMT), I have decided on the 320/1320 - primarily because I feel that the additional cost is ok and that I can hide the GMT hand if I don't want it.

So - the issue I am dealing with now is - should I get the 320 NOW, or wait for the 1320 to be available soon.

I personally like the BLUE pop-up. However, I am getting impatient now that I've decided on my watch. Plus, I am also wondering if the black stays closer to the "official" PAnerai look. And finally - wondering if down the road the 320 may become a collectors piece if they discontinue that - not that I ever intend to sell!!

Would love to hear some feedback on this.

Thx a ton!!

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

December 3rd, 2017, 1:42 pm #2

As its been production for a good number of years.

Besides the blue hand. Do you like the faux aged luminous look?

Neither really has the "official" Panerai look as they're both contemporary models, so Panerai can do whatever they like to the look of the dials while keeping the cases to the standard styling.

If you want the new model. Wait for it. Don't buy the old because your impatient as you may end wanting to sell it at a loss when the one you do want comes out.

DON

qngo123
Paneristi
qngo123
Paneristi

December 3rd, 2017, 7:10 pm #3

I have settled on the PAM 320/1320 for my first Panerai. After going back and forth many times between the 312/1312 and the 320/1320 (IE, with GMT), I have decided on the 320/1320 - primarily because I feel that the additional cost is ok and that I can hide the GMT hand if I don't want it.

So - the issue I am dealing with now is - should I get the 320 NOW, or wait for the 1320 to be available soon.

I personally like the BLUE pop-up. However, I am getting impatient now that I've decided on my watch. Plus, I am also wondering if the black stays closer to the "official" PAnerai look. And finally - wondering if down the road the 320 may become a collectors piece if they discontinue that - not that I ever intend to sell!!

Thx a ton!!
....than 320. Quite a lot slimmer actually. The movement is reworked to reduce height.
So. I’d suggest you wait to see how they fit/feel on your wrist.
All of the new replacement models are slimmer with the “1”, not just the blue second.

ferry.monne
Paneristi

December 3rd, 2017, 7:39 pm #4

Thx a ton!!
The 320 is a bit too high, the 1320 is much more in balance and will wear more comfortable, next the 1320 has a new movement that is hopefully more reliable than the P.9001 in the 320. Better wait, try the watch yourself and decide. You could also check out a 1312 as a reference as the case is the same as the 1320.

Yzagite
New User
Yzagite
New User

December 4th, 2017, 6:25 pm #5

Hi All - appreciate the feedback.

You reinforced what I knew in the back of my mind was the right thing - wait for the 1320!! Though I cannot wait to get my hands on the new watch, it is the best thing in the long-term.

Thanks for the guidance. Will wait for the 1320 before jumping in.

BTW - is there a past discussion on options/sources for straps? Would appreciate any pointers.

Thx, Jay