Pam 233 questions?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Pam 233 questions?

bradleyt09
Paneristi
bradleyt09
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 12:08 am #1

What years were the PAM 233 made? The Vendome reference table shows that they were made I through O (ie. 2006-2012), but the Millesimation table shows it was only produced in years I and J (2006 and 2007). So, if anyone could advise if there is a 233K, 233L, 233M, 233N and 233O, I would appreciate it.

Also, I have heard of issues with the power reserve indicator getting stuck. Is this an issue with any particular year? I've also read of issues with the strap quick-change system - has anyone had any problems with this?

Is there a particular year that is more desirable or better than the other(s)?

I love this watch and WTB, but need to do a little due diligence first. Thanks for reading, and any input will be very much appreciated.

DialM
Paneristi
DialM
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 1:15 am #2

233K and previous are dot, after is am/pm.

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:15 am #3

What years were the PAM 233 made? The Vendome reference table shows that they were made I through O (ie. 2006-2012), but the Millesimation table shows it was only produced in years I and J (2006 and 2007). So, if anyone could advise if there is a 233K, 233L, 233M, 233N and 233O, I would appreciate it.

Also, I have heard of issues with the power reserve indicator getting stuck. Is this an issue with any particular year? I've also read of issues with the strap quick-change system - has anyone had any problems with this?

I love this watch and WTB, but need to do a little due diligence first. Thanks for reading, and any input will be very much appreciated.
to answer your question

yes the power indicator used to have issue. some cant drop to the end of zero when the power completely used up. some cant go to full even with a complete wind. but all this issued only happen in 3 batch which is I J and K. they have improve and overcome the problem after that.

as for your 2nd question on easy strap change system. all contemporary model come with this function. I don find any prob with my pam so far and i enjoy the changing strap process as it not even taking me a minute to get a new strap on my pam.

bradleyt09
Paneristi
bradleyt09
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:33 am #4

The quick change system sounds awesome. I have a couple of older PAMs so no quick change, but I like the idea of changing straps to suit the mood of the day.

squar3pants
Paneristi
squar3pants
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 3:35 am #5

to answer your question

yes the power indicator used to have issue. some cant drop to the end of zero when the power completely used up. some cant go to full even with a complete wind. but all this issued only happen in 3 batch which is I J and K. they have improve and overcome the problem after that.

as for your 2nd question on easy strap change system. all contemporary model come with this function. I don find any prob with my pam so far and i enjoy the changing strap process as it not even taking me a minute to get a new strap on my pam.
I believe the power indicator issues only affect 1% of the early production and these 1% is louder than 99% of the problem free watch owner who are silently enjoying the beauty of this watch.

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:10 am #6

that is because the price is so high and ppl would expect 0 defect

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:12 am #7

The quick change system sounds awesome. I have a couple of older PAMs so no quick change, but I like the idea of changing straps to suit the mood of the day.
a nice strap can enhance your pam character

randy_yeap
Paneristi
randy_yeap
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:27 am #8

Very nice watch. Buy with Zero worry . . .

DaleHenry
Paneristi
DaleHenry
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 7:38 pm #9

I just purchased a 233 from a super Risti thru this site and I couldn't be happier.

Yes, the PR issue has to be a concern but just make sure if the watch had the PR issue, it was addressed thru service and is working properly.
I would be patient and try to find one thru the market on this forum. If you talk to the seller about your concerns, you are extremely likely to come away with a great watch and more importantly a new Risti brother. (Hi Fred!)

DaleHenry
Dallas