Pam 233 Power Reserve - Where does yours stop?

Pam 233 Power Reserve - Where does yours stop?

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 3rd, 2009, 9:57 pm #1

Whats up guys,

I just got my 233 about 3 weeks ago and it has gone through about two full rotations already. I wanted to know where your power reserve fang stops and where it ends after a full wind.

Mine stops just at the full bubble 0 and almost sits right on the line, almost a bit to the right of it however my end position where the Power Reserve is almost over ends in between the open 0 and the first dash almost perfectly in between.

Do you guys notice it stopping around the same place too?I always thought it would go to the end of the track and almost hit the zero or land on it and not just be in between.

Thanks for your help guys.

Time does not have the same appeal for everyone - W.S.

alexgr8
Paneristi
alexgr8
Paneristi

August 3rd, 2009, 11:59 pm #2

are you letting it stop. It will go to ten days sometimes if the watch is being worn and therefore being moved around on the wrist. If it is just sitting, it is more likely to stop at eight days and therefore just before it hits zero. On my 233I Zero is really 9.5/10 days. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Hope that helps.

Cheers,
David

203 231 232 233 240

quaker9198
Paneristi
quaker9198
Paneristi

August 4th, 2009, 12:10 am #3

Whats up guys,

I just got my 233 about 3 weeks ago and it has gone through about two full rotations already. I wanted to know where your power reserve fang stops and where it ends after a full wind.

Mine stops just at the full bubble 0 and almost sits right on the line, almost a bit to the right of it however my end position where the Power Reserve is almost over ends in between the open 0 and the first dash almost perfectly in between.

Do you guys notice it stopping around the same place too?I always thought it would go to the end of the track and almost hit the zero or land on it and not just be in between.

but after few month of use, stopped before the zero, some what like your. There was a time when it stopped at the second mark right of the zero.

My 233 is in the shop for the second time and is now getting new face. I am not sure what that is going to fix though.

Becasue the PR indicator used to go all the way to zero before the problem occurred. Is the new face going to limit the range of the PR indicator thus preventing prematuer stoppage? Then the true PR of the watch is not reflected by PR indicator.

Love the watch but quite annoyed.

WW Jonathan

Proud owner of 190, 233, 243 and 26K
Waiting on 28
Hoping for a deal on 249 and 232

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 4th, 2009, 6:26 pm #4

are you letting it stop. It will go to ten days sometimes if the watch is being worn and therefore being moved around on the wrist. If it is just sitting, it is more likely to stop at eight days and therefore just before it hits zero. On my 233I Zero is really 9.5/10 days. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Hope that helps.

Cheers,
David

203 231 232 233 240
I usually let it wind all the down, then wind it back up... lately since the watch is new I have been winding it in between to show my friends how it works....

I will post pictures when mine dies...

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 5th, 2009, 3:30 pm #5

Whats up guys,

Hey I let my PR drop all the way to zero which was still in between the empty 0 and the first dash. After doing that I decided to wind my watch fully however after what seems to be 300 winds, 150 after the PR fang hit the full circle, the watch continues to wind without any end in site. I'm almost positive that it needs to stop at a certain point but don't want to break anything. I also cannot feel the gear getting harder to wind yet which usually happens when you at the top range of the PR.

Anyone got any ideas?

Alciabides
Paneristi
Alciabides
Paneristi

August 5th, 2009, 6:37 pm #6

Couldn't tell you. I only let it wind down all the way once so far just to see how long it would take (about 10 days). Since then I usually keep it close to fully wound and have found the accuracy to be amazing.

The only time it gets close to half way is when it has been in the safe for a few days.

alexgr8
Paneristi
alexgr8
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 12:26 am #7

Whats up guys,

Wind it until the indicator tells you that it is fully wound. I generally wind mine a few turns after that just to make sure I get my 9/10 days. I don't think you can actually overwind the watch as the 270 with the same movement winds automatically all day without ill effect.

Cheers,
David

203 231 232 233 240 116713

5onic
Paneristi
5onic
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 4:37 pm #8

Hey I let my PR drop all the way to zero which was still in between the empty 0 and the first dash. After doing that I decided to wind my watch fully however after what seems to be 300 winds, 150 after the PR fang hit the full circle, the watch continues to wind without any end in site. I'm almost positive that it needs to stop at a certain point but don't want to break anything. I also cannot feel the gear getting harder to wind yet which usually happens when you at the top range of the PR.

Anyone got any ideas?

there is a 'clutch' mechanism which stops you from over winding - I must of wound mine an additional 100 times from the full mark and I didnt notice any change - the tension is always the same.

ctang
Paneristi
ctang
Paneristi

August 7th, 2009, 8:34 pm #9

Whats up guys,

Mine went all the way to the end for about 2 years, then it started stopping short of the end. When it did stop short, a gentle shaking would make it start going again for a few seconds on and off. Previously, I didn't do this; when it reached the end it was at the end. I'm getting the dial replaced at PASC right now.

PAM photo share

tech_controller
Paneristi

August 8th, 2009, 6:43 am #10

Whats up guys,

As you are winding it up and because of the clutch mentioned in the previous response...listen ever so closely, you will hear the faintest sound once you "overwind" it....It's hard to describe but I hear a little click as I am overwinding it...it must be the clutch disengaging the winding mechanism...any WIS movement freaks care to comment?

quaker9198
Paneristi
quaker9198
Paneristi

August 8th, 2009, 3:42 pm #11

but after few month of use, stopped before the zero, some what like your. There was a time when it stopped at the second mark right of the zero.

My 233 is in the shop for the second time and is now getting new face. I am not sure what that is going to fix though.

Becasue the PR indicator used to go all the way to zero before the problem occurred. Is the new face going to limit the range of the PR indicator thus preventing prematuer stoppage? Then the true PR of the watch is not reflected by PR indicator.

Love the watch but quite annoyed.

WW Jonathan

Waiting on 28
will let all know how it looks with a make over.

WW Jonathan

Waiting on 28

bueschc
Paneristi
bueschc
Paneristi

August 8th, 2009, 5:14 pm #12

Mine went all the way to the end for about 2 years, then it started stopping short of the end. When it did stop short, a gentle shaking would make it start going again for a few seconds on and off. Previously, I didn't do this; when it reached the end it was at the end. I'm getting the dial replaced at PASC right now.

PAM photo share
These are relatively new watches still.

Did you have an issue?

conorb

elisiX
Paneristi
elisiX
Paneristi

August 9th, 2009, 9:53 am #13

Whats up guys,

Basically its always wound to full (and them some - 30 turns before friction) and I let it run to 50% before repeating.

Never an issue.

233K series bought first sold Nov 2008.

Jay - Sydney, Australia

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 14th, 2009, 4:06 pm #14

Whats up guys,

here is where mine ends and where it starts.....

Fully Wound

Empty

Is there where everyone elses ends or do you think it is stopping short?

996fan
Paneristi
996fan
Paneristi

August 14th, 2009, 9:36 pm #15

That's how Panerai service will do to this situation based on what I heard.

AndyE46
New User
AndyE46
New User

August 18th, 2009, 8:41 pm #16

mine has the same issue and it in for service for the 3rd time..frustrating..

But I still like my watch..

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 18th, 2009, 10:08 pm #17

how long did you have it in for?

How much did they charge you to fix it?

DId they replace it with the new AM / PM dial? I dont like that nearly as much...=(

The PR still lasts for 8 to 9 days and I am okay with the way it functions now I just dont want it to get worse or not operate as intended....

So you think that the PR is stopping well short? Anyone have pics of where theirs stop?

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 18th, 2009, 10:11 pm #18

will let all know how it looks with a make over.

WW Jonathan

Waiting on 28
did you get the new dial?

pics if you got any would be awesome...

JYogi
Paneristi
JYogi
Paneristi

August 20th, 2009, 2:54 am #19

Whats up guys,

There are some PR issues or something with the 233

They have had my watch over 4 mths and keep saying they are waiting on parts...

If I ever do get it back it will be a new watch more or les and I will be selling it ASAP!

This experience has really left a sour taste in my mouth for their in house movements as
I know others have had this issue as well, it is not an isolated incident.

Watches: Rolex DSSD, Rolex SD, Rolex 1675 GMT Pepsi, Rolex SS DJ, Breitling Gen II Navitimer, Audemars skeleton, Ball NT and Ball Conductor GMT, Bell&Ross Hydromax, and Tissot T-Touch

RUpanerai
Paneristi

August 20th, 2009, 7:24 am #20

The watch does work thought and has a Power Reserve of over 8 days which is good and the accuaray seems strong, Im wondering if I should just keep it the way it is as its not horrible but I guess not 100 percent functional.... which does bother me....

If any of you guys have had this problem.... have anyone just left it along and see if the problem got worse?

If anyone has gotten there watch replaced lately do you know if they replaced it with the new dial? any one got picks of the new dial.... I am praying that if I send it off then dont give me the old dial....

So far EVERYTHING on the watch is spot on and works great but the PR meter.... Might have to trade this sucker in for a GMT 2... oh man that is so hard to say but there is not way I am not going to lose my daily watch for 4 to 6 months because I know that is what is going to happen....