Pam 005 minor defect_Opinions needed

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Pam 005 minor defect_Opinions needed

jasonmhg
New User
jasonmhg
New User

August 9th, 2012, 1:24 am #1

Hi all,

This is the first time I post something on the forum. I have been following your conversations for the last 3 years. Your photos and posts made me want to discover Panerai and own a Panerai myself. 
I recently bought a brand new Pam 005. It is a great watch and I love it. 

However, I have a small issue and I would like to have your opinions on it.

After wearing my 005 for a few days, I have noticed that there is a slight imperfection on the small seconds hand. A very tiny speck of paint is protruding from the hand. It is a very minor defect and it is not easy to see the first time. However, once you get to know the watch very well, it can be annoying.

I am thinking of sending the watch back to Panerai to get the seconds hand replaced. However, I don't know if it is a good idea. They will have to open and dismantle the watch and this might cause more issues. Also, the AD might thing that I am a difficult client since the problem is very very minor. 

I am not an OCD person and I am usually quite easy going. But this small matter is just too hard to ignore and it prevents me from enjoying my 005.

It is not the end of the world and this is just....a watch. But it is my dream watch and I have been waiting for so long before I could get it. 

What would you advise me to do ? Get it fixed or live with it ? 
Did you ever have similar problems with your watches before ? How did you deal with it ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Jason.

coloristi
Paneristi
coloristi
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 1:51 am #2

Is it possible to see a pic? nt

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 1:59 am #3

Hi all,

This is the first time I post something on the forum. I have been following your conversations for the last 3 years. Your photos and posts made me want to discover Panerai and own a Panerai myself. 

After wearing my 005 for a few days, I have noticed that there is a slight imperfection on the small seconds hand. A very tiny speck of paint is protruding from the hand. It is a very minor defect and it is not easy to see the first time. However, once you get to know the watch very well, it can be annoying.

I am thinking of sending the watch back to Panerai to get the seconds hand replaced. However, I don't know if it is a good idea. They will have to open and dismantle the watch and this might cause more issues. Also, the AD might thing that I am a difficult client since the problem is very very minor. 

I am not an OCD person and I am usually quite easy going. But this small matter is just too hard to ignore and it prevents me from enjoying my 005.

It is not the end of the world and this is just....a watch. But it is my dream watch and I have been waiting for so long before I could get it. 

Did you ever have similar problems with your watches before ? How did you deal with it ?

Jason.
if I were you, I'd ask for fixing - there's no such thing of small or big flaw, it's always a FLAW that you've paid enough money for not having it

it's not big deal to fix it as well

best

HammerHammer
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 2:08 am #4

Hi all,

Jason.
Jason were do u live mate ? (nt)

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 2:16 am #5

Hi all,

Jason.
Send it back and don't be afraid of what your AD thinks. You spent a lot of money on that watch and it should meet your expectations in full.

Let us know how it turns out.

Richard

</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" rel="nofollow">

jasonmhg
New User
jasonmhg
New User

August 9th, 2012, 2:17 am #6

Hi Hammer,

I live in Montreal, Canada.

bt63
Paneristi
bt63
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 2:22 am #7

Hi all,

Jason.
In my opinion you should get this issue fixed.

SachinG
Paneristi
SachinG
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 3:59 am #8

Hi Hammer,

I live in Montreal, Canada.
Take it to the Panerai AD dealer in Montreal...chateau d'ivoire

X2TIME
Paneristi
X2TIME
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 4:18 am #9

Hi all,

Jason.
I'm assuming your watch is under warranty. Bring the watch to Chateau D'Ivoire and ask them to fix it, end of story. Don't be shy, don't think that they will think you are being petty or difficult. The hands and dial on your watch should be perfect. Tell them to fix it.

jasonmhg
New User
jasonmhg
New User

August 9th, 2012, 12:53 pm #10

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I really appreciate the help.

If I bring the watch to Chateau d'Ivoire in Montreal, are they going to send it to a PSC or do the fix in-house ?
After reading so much "horror stories" about the PSC in North America, I am a little bit paranoid and I prefer the fix to be done by a local watchmaker. But the watch is still under warranty, so I am assuming that they will ship it to the PSC, right ?

murphtyper
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 1:08 pm #11

Hi all,

Jason.
I'm sure your AD will completely understand.

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 4:53 pm #12

I'm assuming your watch is under warranty. Bring the watch to Chateau D'Ivoire and ask them to fix it, end of story. Don't be shy, don't think that they will think you are being petty or difficult. The hands and dial on your watch should be perfect. Tell them to fix it.
-Craig F

X2TIME
Paneristi
X2TIME
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 6:41 pm #13

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I really appreciate the help.

If I bring the watch to Chateau d'Ivoire in Montreal, are they going to send it to a PSC or do the fix in-house ?
After reading so much "horror stories" about the PSC in North America, I am a little bit paranoid and I prefer the fix to be done by a local watchmaker. But the watch is still under warranty, so I am assuming that they will ship it to the PSC, right ?
First thing, your watch is under warranty, so you have to bring it to them in Montreal. They are the only player in town. I wish we had another AD in Montreal because these guys can be clowns at times. I've had several inane experiences in there.

A hand swap is a simple procedure. I wouldn't worry too much if they had to send it out or they did it in house. They do have a little work area in the back but I've never seen a watchmaker in there, personally. Just hope the turn around isn't too long. Again, go in and inquire. Good luck...