P-DAY#11.1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

P-DAY#11.1

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 9:06 pm #1

Hello all,

returned back home from a wonderful trip to London. This time it was a special, because for the firts time my girls were with me on a P-Day - some kind of a "premiere" for me!

First I wanted to congratulate the P-Day organizers for their fantastic job.
Great locations for more than 170 people... wow. Organized some p-days in the past, I remember the months and weeks we spent for setting up many things. What the UK crew set up was incredible. Hats off and thanks for all your work to let us have such a good time!

Thursday started early with a short meeting at the Frankfurt Airport with Asi.
He had a connecting flight to Birmingham - DBA was calling. A few hours later, in the early afternoon, I returned to the airport, this time with the family, for jumping over to the United Kingdom - first time (it was on my "to do list" for many years - and being a paneristi made it became real!)

3646 - my gear for the P-Day weekend.

Anything went very smooth with the flight and very soon later we arrived at Heathrow Airport. We decided to pre-order tickets for the Heathrow Express, which runs every 15 minutes to Paddington. After that, the underground delivered us quickly to our hotel in Westminster district / St. James's Park.

Only a footstep away: Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and London Eye were the first sightseeing attractions we spotted on this thursday afternoon.

Military tradition can be found on many places across London. Very touching monument:

After our walk along the Thames we passed Westminster Abbey in wonderful colors:

Friday morning - the 12th birthday of my daughter Emily. She was thrilled to visit London, as she likes english class very much. She read alot about London in her school books and we were glad to get her a day off from school.

On her "wish list" was a visit at Madame Tussauds (thanks Ron for helping us with the tickets!). I took the chance to check out the gear of Mr. Bond (James Bond)...

Yours truly Spiderman - no idea who was the dude on the right

Soon after I went down from the ceiling we walked along the famous Baker Street to reach Oxford Street and the area around. South Molton Street a very nice corner:

My fuel: Espresso!

Marion and Ralf were around in the same area and stepped into the coffee shop to say hello.

Next on our list: Covent Garden. Freemasons Hall a quite impressive building, as London has so many of this caliber...

Soon later we found a little paneristi group at The Market: Polleke, Flipper, J-F and Ron.

Just a quick check Iron Rangers united!

Unfortunately I didnt took photos of the Panerai Event in Soho. It was very exciting to see so many paneristi there and Id like to thank all those who gave my wife and daughter a warm welcome. Very sad now to notice that there wasnt time enough to catch up with everyone. So many paneristi at one place which I didnt see before, but knowing them for years. Thats always very special. I wish there would have been more time... doh!

The P-Day organizers got my daughter a wonderful birthday gift and all attendees were singing her a happy birthday. Pity that I didnt captured this moment with my own camera, but we will never forget this for sure. Thank you all!

Later in the Union Club, Hammers special watch was showed around to the p-day members. After following his postings here at paneristi.com it was very nice to see it on the flesh, live and direct.

Party on!

Thanks for looking that far and stay tuned for 11.2
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

Travelller
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 9:16 pm #2

Thanks for sharing - just loved the shot of you checking out Bond's equipment, lol!!!

Traveller - Genève / Melbourne / Miami / Wien
Wearing: 233(N) Wanting: 217, 275, 345, 368, 422 Wishing: 127, 203, 267, 276, 396
Traveller - Genève * Melbourne * Miami * Wien

action--dan
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 9:22 pm #3

Hello all,

returned back home from a wonderful trip to London. This time it was a special, because for the firts time my girls were with me on a P-Day - some kind of a "premiere" for me!

Great locations for more than 170 people... wow. Organized some p-days in the past, I remember the months and weeks we spent for setting up many things. What the UK crew set up was incredible. Hats off and thanks for all your work to let us have such a good time!

He had a connecting flight to Birmingham - DBA was calling. A few hours later, in the early afternoon, I returned to the airport, this time with the family, for jumping over to the United Kingdom - first time (it was on my "to do list" for many years - and being a paneristi made it became real!)

Anything went very smooth with the flight and very soon later we arrived at Heathrow Airport. We decided to pre-order tickets for the Heathrow Express, which runs every 15 minutes to Paddington. After that, the underground delivered us quickly to our hotel in Westminster district / St. James's Park.

Only a footstep away: Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and London Eye were the first sightseeing attractions we spotted on this thursday afternoon.

Military tradition can be found on many places across London. Very touching monument:

After our walk along the Thames we passed Westminster Abbey in wonderful colors:

Friday morning - the 12th birthday of my daughter Emily. She was thrilled to visit London, as she likes english class very much. She read alot about London in her school books and we were glad to get her a day off from school.

On her "wish list" was a visit at Madame Tussauds (thanks Ron for helping us with the tickets!). I took the chance to check out the gear of Mr. Bond (James Bond)...

Soon after I went down from the ceiling we walked along the famous Baker Street to reach Oxford Street and the area around. South Molton Street a very nice corner:

Marion and Ralf were around in the same area and stepped into the coffee shop to say hello.

Next on our list: Covent Garden. Freemasons Hall a quite impressive building, as London has so many of this caliber...

Soon later we found a little paneristi group at The Market: Polleke, Flipper, J-F and Ron.

Unfortunately I didnt took photos of the Panerai Event in Soho. It was very exciting to see so many paneristi there and Id like to thank all those who gave my wife and daughter a warm welcome. Very sad now to notice that there wasnt time enough to catch up with everyone. So many paneristi at one place which I didnt see before, but knowing them for years. Thats always very special. I wish there would have been more time... doh!

The P-Day organizers got my daughter a wonderful birthday gift and all attendees were singing her a happy birthday. Pity that I didnt captured this moment with my own camera, but we will never forget this for sure. Thank you all!

Later in the Union Club, Hammers special watch was showed around to the p-day members. After following his postings here at paneristi.com it was very nice to see it on the flesh, live and direct.

Party on!

Volker

It was great meeting you for the first time after all this years !!

Hope we get the chance to talk more the next time

My best to your lovely wife and daughter,

Warm regards,

Dan

Pbutten
Paneristi
Pbutten
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 9:53 pm #4

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Was Bond sporting an Omega?? nt

covactanks
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 10:01 pm #5

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Thx for posting mate
Much appreciated and great that you bought the girls

<a href="http://photobucket.com">
'Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore'

</a>

RIPBBQ

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 10:13 pm #6

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Night View DUOMO Firenze

orologisti
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 10:35 pm #7

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

When I read about the evils of drinking...
...I gave up reading.

hugewhaleshark
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 10:40 pm #8

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Even though we did not have time to talk much, I am sure we will meet again!

"Aiyah Panerai, buay beh liao eh lah." / Singapore
"Agak gila Panerai." / Indonesia
"Owh, Besarnya!!!" / Malaysia
hugewhaleshark = Yeu Huan = SGRisti

Wayne-Foster
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 11:09 pm #9

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Cheers
Wayne DU

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 11:20 pm #10

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

What a treat that must have been to attend with your family...and on your daughter's birthday no less! Just wonderful.

- Peter

- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

jcatral14
Paneristi

October 1st, 2012, 11:47 pm #11

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Awesome views of London Thanks for sharing!

-Jay in Northern NJ

sdumperth
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am #12

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

!COMMUNITY UP!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

TRISTAN29
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 1:39 am #13

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

FFrankF
Paneristi
FFrankF
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 2:01 am #14

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

wish I was there...

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Frank

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 2:24 am #15

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

samen
Paneristi
samen
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 3:08 am #16

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Great to see the pics w/ Polleke, Patrick and the guys.

Thanks for making me smile

rideamountain
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 3:12 am #17

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Keep 'em coming mate!

RIDE

There is no doubt that getting older is mandatory, but to mature remains still optional...

knguyen555
Paneristi
knguyen555
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 3:16 am #18

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Nt

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 4:05 am #19

Hello all,

Party on!

Volker

Panerai....So Much More Than Just A Watch!!

Gaetano75
Paneristi
Gaetano75
Paneristi

October 2nd, 2012, 7:19 am #20

Thnaks for the report , nice pics , incredible travel with friendly Ristis