P-DAY#10.1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

P-DAY#10.1

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 12:21 am #1

Hi all,

i'll start my personal p-day report from paradise, trying to put some words to the photos which speak for themselves. Just one word: fantastic!

getting my gear ready on monday, october 31st. Excitement was off the roof... YOUBET

had a fantastic 11 hour flight with Lufthansa's "big bird" A380 which delivered me to Singapore airport. Huge one that is, like a city itself...! I arrived in the afternoon there. Luckily I found some hours of sleep, together with the adrenaline overdose I was in good mode.

Had about 4 hours until the trip continued with Singapore Airlines. Next stop: DOWN UNDER!!!

Touchdown Brisbane early morning after an 8 hour flight. It was wednesday morning DU, so the entire tuesday was gone for travelling, but who cares when you can realize a long lasted dream...

Another short stop at Brisbane domestic airport before leaving to Hamilton Island flying Virgin Blue... I met the Wittenbergs at the domestic airport and later during the flight to Hamo, I noticed that the Conways were on the same way too.. how cool is that?

...arrived in paradise.

well... this was a moment I was waiting for 6 years. I know Hammer since the early days in paneristi.com and met Hammer in person back in 2005 when he came to Germany for P-DAY in Frankfurt. It was about time to meet again... a moment I will never forget. I will carry this moment forever with me.

(thanks Gary, for capturing that very moment)

What a welcome. Yes, the biff is back! Hagen, Gary and Hammer were waiting for us at the Hamilton Island airport. Great to see these mates again.

Am I dreaming? No, its paradise. View from my room to catseye beach.... wow!

THE MAN himself. Meeting at the hotel bar for a chat. This time a REAL chat. Face to face. It became real...

Eddie's cute daughter Elodie. After my daughter Emily saw Eddie's posting about her new room with the graffiti done by the melbourne artist, she decided to make her a little gift in shape of a handmade teddybear - of course it had to be a pink one...

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

After a little break I went out for a little walk to the beach which was right infront of the hotel. What a stunning place this is...

In the evening we went to the viewpoint called One Tree Hill for catching the first sunset in paradise. Eddie: it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person!

First dinner together with other early arrivals in the hotel. Luke, Geoff and some others on the table. Know them for a long time from the forum, now finally at the same table.

Thanks for looking. To be continued.
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

docfink
Paneristi
docfink
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 12:52 am #2

david

hongT
Paneristi
hongT
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 2:02 am #3

Hi all,

i'll start my personal p-day report from paradise, trying to put some words to the photos which speak for themselves. Just one word: fantastic!

getting my gear ready on monday, october 31st. Excitement was off the roof... YOUBET

had a fantastic 11 hour flight with Lufthansa's "big bird" A380 which delivered me to Singapore airport. Huge one that is, like a city itself...! I arrived in the afternoon there. Luckily I found some hours of sleep, together with the adrenaline overdose I was in good mode.

Had about 4 hours until the trip continued with Singapore Airlines. Next stop: DOWN UNDER!!!

Touchdown Brisbane early morning after an 8 hour flight. It was wednesday morning DU, so the entire tuesday was gone for travelling, but who cares when you can realize a long lasted dream...

Another short stop at Brisbane domestic airport before leaving to Hamilton Island flying Virgin Blue... I met the Wittenbergs at the domestic airport and later during the flight to Hamo, I noticed that the Conways were on the same way too.. how cool is that?

...arrived in paradise.

well... this was a moment I was waiting for 6 years. I know Hammer since the early days in paneristi.com and met Hammer in person back in 2005 when he came to Germany for P-DAY in Frankfurt. It was about time to meet again... a moment I will never forget. I will carry this moment forever with me.

What a welcome. Yes, the biff is back! Hagen, Gary and Hammer were waiting for us at the Hamilton Island airport. Great to see these mates again.

THE MAN himself. Meeting at the hotel bar for a chat. This time a REAL chat. Face to face. It became real...

Eddie's cute daughter Elodie. After my daughter Emily saw Eddie's posting about her new room with the graffiti done by the melbourne artist, she decided to make her a little gift in shape of a handmade teddybear - of course it had to be a pink one...

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

After a little break I went out for a little walk to the beach which was right infront of the hotel. What a stunning place this is...

In the evening we went to the viewpoint called One Tree Hill for catching the first sunset in paradise. Eddie: it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person!

First dinner together with other early arrivals in the hotel. Luke, Geoff and some others on the table. Know them for a long time from the forum, now finally at the same table.

Volker

Waiting for Part 2!

Cheers
HongT

rideamountain
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 2:16 am #4

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

I look forward to seeing the rest!

RIDE

There is no doubt that getting older is mandatory, but to mature remains still optional...

ERSanchez
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 2:16 am #5

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

It's good to see you and Hammer reunited again after all those years!

Thanks for the killer "view" shots! Wow! You know you are in paradise when every which way you turn is stunning!

Looking forward to more posts!!

Cheers!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

JZ365
Paneristi
JZ365
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 2:32 am #6

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

Looking forward to the next one > TY !

Cheers
Jose

Skyworker
Paneristi
Skyworker
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 2:58 am #7

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

it looks like paradise down there !! Thanks Volker.

patStc
Paneristi
patStc
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 4:38 am #8

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

But well worth it for the mates and paradise island

Oyster2604
Paneristi
Oyster2604
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 5:09 am #9

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

.nt

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 7:01 am #10

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

What a terrific experience in a wonderful place!!! Thanks for reliving the moments! I can't get enough of paradise.

BTW, what a thoughtful gift. Elodie was all smiles.

-luke

KerwinL
Paneristi
KerwinL
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 7:32 am #11

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 8:55 am #12

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

Thank you for bringing it along and letting us enjoy it.

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

Watch by Panerai
Bike by Look
Hair by Gillette

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 1:49 pm #13

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker

Panerai....So Much More Than Just A Watch!!

TruRadiomier
Paneristi

November 7th, 2011, 4:51 pm #14

Hi all,

...arrived in paradise.

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

Volker