Our P-Day Odyssey

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Our P-Day Odyssey

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 8:33 pm #1

Another P-Day recap. This one is chronological, however, there are large gaps in my photos.

Heres a quick story of our stay in London. (I've left out the watch and food shots, others do that much better than me )

We travelled to London a bit later than most, having family responsibilities earlier in the week. Took the red-eye on Wednesday evening.

Waiting for the plane, grabbed a quick bite.

Arrived in London Thursday afternoon too late to make the Dirty Duck gtg so we met up with a small group of stragglers and managed to make an enjoyable night of it. Thanks to Markus and Ali for making the arrangements and more. First it was off to Ciros Pomodoro in Knightsbridge. (apologies to Hagen, some of these photos are his)

Intense conversation

Friends

Whats so important on your phone?

Birthday Celebrations

Our entertainment, they kept it hoping

Party On!

Then we went next door to a club and from here things started to get a bit blurry

The next day it was off to do some sightseeing.

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Friday evening was the first official event the cocktail party hosted by Panerai UK and the after party at the Union Club. This was the first chance to really get to see all the other participants. It was overwhelming with so many people there and not enough time to meet and chat with everyone.

Getting a cab back to your hotel at 02:30am in London on a Friday night is not an easy task. We were eventually forced to make alternate arrangements. Fortunately we had a crack team of international negotiators to bargain for the best possible rates

Ed and Asi (Im not saying anything )

With a little strategic coaching we were able to hold off the their sprint to win the first Paneristi International Rickshaw Criterium

Saturday morning it was off for more sightseeing.

Buckingham Palace.

The lake in St. James Park

The Royal Horseguards

Nelsons Column in Trafalgar Square

National Portrait Gallery

We stopped into the Church of St. Martins in the Fields and watched a wedding rehearsal going on.

From here we walked up the strand to Covent Garden.

After lunch we headed over to Mayfair where we came across the famous Allens Butcher Shop.

Then it was off to the big event at The Crypt at St. Martins in the Fields.

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

She really wanted to bid on this watch and I think even Gush would have met his match, but sadly she had lent her spare cash to Jassies to pay for a round.

Another late night and more difficulties finding transport, but we managed to get back to the hotel before sunrise.

Sunday morning it was back on the circuit.

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Crazy glass egg shaped building

Between the sightseeing and shopping it was a full day.

Then Monday it was off to The Tower of London

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

Unfortunately it was raining so the tours were shortened but we did manage to learn some history from our Yeoman Warder guide Mark. He seemed just a bit too enthusiastic about the European teams victory in the Ryder Cup. Dont the British know its not polite to gloat?

We went to see the crown jewels in the Waterloo Block. Im sure you could trade for a PAM 21 and a few vintages with cash back for one of those baubles.

This guy was on guard.

The white tower also houses the amazing collection of arms and armor through the ages.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Every castle needs its dragon

And finally, dont get caught, shilling, the penalties are severe

We spent the afternoon sightseeing and doing some last minute shopping with the best guide in London.

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

I got some unsolicited advice on how to improve the site, but WTF these guys dont even bother to post anymore!

Then it was off to a fantastic Indian dinner with a few of the leftovers. What a treat for me. We dont have much in the way of Indian food here on the Tundra.

If youve made it this far, then let me say what a fantastic job the organizers did making this a first class event with amazing venues. Others have already said it, but everything went off without a hitch. Andy, Simon, Gush, Paul, Adrian, Chris and JP I cant thank you enough for your hard work bringing this to life. Nad and Angelo have a tough act to follow

Finally a special thanks to Gush, you kept at all together and super cool, for real!

"But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm." K.P.

Last edited by gfriedell on October 11th, 2012, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 8:52 pm #2

rogeryrf
Paneristi
rogeryrf
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 9:05 pm #3

Another P-Day recap. This one is chronological, however, there are large gaps in my photos.

Heres a quick story of our stay in London. (I've left out the watch and food shots, others do that much better than me )

We travelled to London a bit later than most, having family responsibilities earlier in the week. Took the red-eye on Wednesday evening.

Arrived in London Thursday afternoon too late to make the Dirty Duck gtg so we met up with a small group of stragglers and managed to make an enjoyable night of it. Thanks to Markus and Ali for making the arrangements and more. First it was off to Ciros Pomodoro in Knightsbridge. (apologies to Hagen, some of these photos are his)

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Then we went next door to a club and from here things started to get a bit blurry

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Friday evening was the first official event the cocktail party hosted by Panerai UK and the after party at the Union Club. This was the first chance to really get to see all the other participants. It was overwhelming with so many people there and not enough time to meet and chat with everyone.

Getting a cab back to your hotel at 02:30am in London on a Friday night is not an easy task. We were eventually forced to make alternate arrangements. Fortunately we had a crack team of international negotiators to bargain for the best possible rates

With a little strategic coaching we were able to hold off the their sprint to win the first Paneristi International Rickshaw Criterium

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

We stopped into the Church of St. Martins in the Fields and watched a wedding rehearsal going on.

After lunch we headed over to Mayfair where we came across the famous Allens Butcher Shop.

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

She really wanted to bid on this watch and I think even Gush would have met his match, but sadly she had lent her spare cash to Jassies to pay for a round.

Another late night and more difficulties finding transport, but we managed to get back to the hotel before sunrise.

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

Unfortunately it was raining so the tours were shortened but we did manage to learn some history from our Yeoman Warder guide Mark. He seemed just a bit too enthusiastic about the European teams victory in the Ryder Cup. Dont the British know its not polite to gloat?

We went to see the crown jewels in the Waterloo Block. Im sure you could trade for a PAM 21 and a few vintages with cash back for one of those baubles.

This guy was on guard.

The white tower also houses the amazing collection of arms and armor through the ages.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

We spent the afternoon sightseeing and doing some last minute shopping with the best guide in London.

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

I got some unsolicited advice on how to improve the site, but WTF these guys dont even bother to post anymore!

Then it was off to a fantastic Indian dinner with a few of the leftovers. What a treat for me. We dont have much in the way of Indian food here on the Tundra.

If youve made it this far, then let me say what a fantastic job the organizers did making this a first class event with amazing venues. Others have already said it, but everything went off without a hitch. Andy, Simon, Gush, Paul, Adrian, Chris and JP I cant thank you enough for your hard work bringing this to life. Nad and Angelo have a tough act to follow

Finally a special thanks to Gush, you kept at all together and super cool, for real!

great pics

andyhunt
Paneristi
andyhunt
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 9:36 pm #4

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

Good to see you again Gary

P-Day London...DONE!

panerimo
Paneristi
panerimo
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 9:37 pm #5

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

for sharing and glad to meet you !

Farbod007
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 10:15 pm #6

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

Cheekyguille
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 10:51 pm #7

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

Looks like lots of touring and walking Great seeing you both, lots of good memories.

Hope Simmy didn't get charged for that cab ride that didn't come

Best to Tracey

Cheers

vannjam
Paneristi
vannjam
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 10:56 pm #8

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

Rock1979
Paneristi
Rock1979
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 10:57 pm #9

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

Great spending time with you guys and getting to know you a little during PDay. Looking forward to seeing you both again!

Cheers,

JRock

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 11:41 pm #10

Good to see you again Gary

P-Day London...DONE!

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 11:42 pm #11

for sharing and glad to meet you !

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 11:47 pm #12

Looks like lots of touring and walking Great seeing you both, lots of good memories.

Hope Simmy didn't get charged for that cab ride that didn't come

Best to Tracey

Cheers
He took one look at us and knew it was trouble

Great to see you and K again, always a highlight!

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 11:48 pm #13

Great spending time with you guys and getting to know you a little during PDay. Looking forward to seeing you both again!

Cheers,

JRock

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 11:50 pm #14

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

Ok and with you of course.

You two sure did hit the major spots!

-luke

JZ365
Paneristi
JZ365
Paneristi

October 11th, 2012, 11:53 pm #15

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

it was great to see you and tracy again

"Power Up"

All the best
Jose

zameenzahari
Paneristi

October 12th, 2012, 12:05 am #16

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

To have spent some time with the both of you!

I had a great time and see you both hopefully soon!

galeforce
Paneristi

October 12th, 2012, 12:42 am #17

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

nice to see you

Dan

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

October 12th, 2012, 12:43 am #18

Intense conversation

Friends

Birthday Celebrations

Party On!

Piccadilly Circus

Regent street

Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Horseguards

Our guest of honor

For Real!!!

Wonderful hosts

Changing of the Guards

Westminster Cathedral

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament

Tower Bridge

The Moat

Exotic Beasts

The Medieval Palace

This guy was on guard.

Henry the VIIIs kit

More Armor

This guy was a BFD

Big and Small

Some weapons

For Issing-San

Fornum and Mason

Oohhhh Macaroons

nt

Montreal, Canada

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 12th, 2012, 1:27 am #19

it was great to see you and tracy again

"Power Up"

All the best
Jose

You didn't want to get stuck hauling our luggage through the airport again

It was good to see you, even though not enough.

BTW, you should be charging Eddie for guide service, LOL!

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 12th, 2012, 1:28 am #20

nt

Montreal, Canada