OT: The New Ploprof has landed, and its awesome. First pics in hand Deepsea comparison

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: The New Ploprof has landed, and its awesome. First pics in hand Deepsea comparison

Wild_Pugs
Paneristi
Wild_Pugs
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 1:54 am #1

Its here! The new Omega Ploprof. I have done a quick and dirty photographic comparison between the Omega Ploprof and the Rolex Deepsea. Two very different looking watches with very similar specifications both made to be used in the harshest environments on Earth. The first big news is that I have been wearing this beast all day and it is very comfortable. I was expecting that 274 grams of steel might be a too much but it wears just as easy as the Deepsea which weighs in at 209 grams (both sized to my wrist). It is 55mm across the case but as you can see from the pictures the measurements are deceiving. Its not that huge. The bracelet is 24mm tapering to 20mm where it meets the buckle which is 24mm wide. The buckle contains a system similar to the Rolex which allows a ratcheting (quick change) fine adjustment. You push where it says push, while pulling the bracelet out to set lock points, then push it back in perfect little click adjustments. This bracelet can really be dialed in to fit just right. Overall I love this thing, its a keeper for sure. As you can see the delivered product is just as cool as the promo photos. Retail on the Bracelet was 9000.00 and I think that is an increase since Basel. I own and love both watches. Its my opinion that Omega put this watch out to compete directly with the Deepsea, and I think Omega has done exactly what they set out to do. I think the 2 watches are equal in fit and finish with the Omega even having a slight advantage. I dont think It will outsell the Rolex, but hey thats why Omega is great they make stuff that other companies wont. Hope you like the pics, oh and thank you to my lovely wife who bought it for me.

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson

Last edited by Fyssen on August 6th, 2009, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

hked
Paneristi
hked
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 1:57 am #2

Nice photos and refreshing to see opinions on other watch brands.

How does the Ploprof compare to Panerai subs? Thanks for sharing Eric

Demo-man
Paneristi
Demo-man
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 2:07 am #3

Its here! The new Omega Ploprof. I have done a quick and dirty photographic comparison between the Omega Ploprof and the Rolex Deepsea. Two very different looking watches with very similar specifications both made to be used in the harshest environments on Earth. The first big news is that I have been wearing this beast all day and it is very comfortable. I was expecting that 274 grams of steel might be a too much but it wears just as easy as the Deepsea which weighs in at 209 grams (both sized to my wrist). It is 55mm across the case but as you can see from the pictures the measurements are deceiving. Its not that huge. The bracelet is 24mm tapering to 20mm where it meets the buckle which is 24mm wide. The buckle contains a system similar to the Rolex which allows a ratcheting (quick change) fine adjustment. You push where it says push, while pulling the bracelet out to set lock points, then push it back in perfect little click adjustments. This bracelet can really be dialed in to fit just right. Overall I love this thing, its a keeper for sure. As you can see the delivered product is just as cool as the promo photos. Retail on the Bracelet was 9000.00 and I think that is an increase since Basel. I own and love both watches. Its my opinion that Omega put this watch out to compete directly with the Deepsea, and I think Omega has done exactly what they set out to do. I think the 2 watches are equal in fit and finish with the Omega even having a slight advantage. I dont think It will outsell the Rolex, but hey thats why Omega is great they make stuff that other companies wont. Hope you like the pics, oh and thank you to my lovely wife who bought it for me.

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Nice pick up, and great wife you have. Looks great. Post some wrists shots.

Hope your well man.

Iliantow
Paneristi
Iliantow
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 2:14 am #4

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Sweeetttt pictures, thanks for the post!
Regards,
Ilianto

ravi76
Paneristi
ravi76
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 2:46 am #5

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
I never got in to the ploprof but those are some nice snaps!

DAVIE IS SO RIGHT!

papillonvic
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 2:58 am #6

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Those are excellent pics ,and a wonderful comparison with the Deep Sea .

I must say that I still prefer the Vintage PloProf`s ,but this re-issue is gorgeous and certainly one of the best Tool Divers on the Market . I am looking forward to picking mine up soon .

Enjoy that beauty ,

Vic

My Vintage PloProf`s :

Type I

Type II

Type III

And their Big Brother

Omega Seamaster 1000m

Type I

Type II

gbottomline
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 3:06 am #7

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
nt

Kind regards,

kiyong

goldie_1
Paneristi
goldie_1
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 3:19 am #8

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
great watch and great wife - congrats!! nt

aikiman44
Paneristi
aikiman44
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 3:40 am #9

Those are excellent pics ,and a wonderful comparison with the Deep Sea .

I must say that I still prefer the Vintage PloProf`s ,but this re-issue is gorgeous and certainly one of the best Tool Divers on the Market . I am looking forward to picking mine up soon .

Enjoy that beauty ,

Vic

My Vintage PloProf`s :

Type I

Type II

Type III

And their Big Brother

Omega Seamaster 1000m

Type I

Type II

Hey Vic, those are incredible!

[/IMG]

We are not moving through time as much as it is moving through us.

aikiman44
Paneristi
aikiman44
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 3:41 am #10

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
That is beautiful. Not every watch can stand up to the macro shots like this one.

[/IMG]

We are not moving through time as much as it is moving through us.

ricric1
Paneristi
ricric1
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 4:01 am #11

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
super pics, nice commentary, great piece! nt.

ERSanchez
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 4:34 am #12

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
>>> great report and comparison!

I enjoyed the read but your photos really captured the beauty
of both those pieces. Bravo!!

Definitely going into my personal archives.

Thanks for sharing!

"SharkMan" Sanchez
McKinney, Texas

"It's all about the Patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity ; and Im not sure about the universe . ~ Albert Einstein

The person who forgets the language of gratitude , can never be on speaking terms with happiness .
_________________________________________________________________ _____ _____ _____ ___ </u> ____ ___ <u> __ </u>
2009 MotoGP Championship Points Standing (top three)

1. Valentino Rossi - 187
2. Jorge Lorenzo - 162
3. Casey Stoner - 150

Next Race: Brno - Czeh Republic - August 16th
____________________________________________________________________ _________ _______ ______ <u>
__ _

We must have the right view of eternity to know the real value of time

bueschc
Paneristi
bueschc
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 4:43 am #13

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Wow, a truly magical piece.

Congratulations and thanks for the photo comparison and the initial report.

conorb

cosmicmike
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 5:20 am #14

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Thanks for sharing. Would be proud to have either in my collection -- but I would lean toward the Ploprof!

cosmicmike

232, 27, PVD 113
Big D
"If you don't go, you can't come back."

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 5:41 am #15

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Nice write-up and pics! The styling still turns me off though...not for me I'm afraid...

rimbaud234
Paneristi
rimbaud234
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 6:40 am #16

I love Omega usually (have a prized Planet Ocean XL) but this model doesn't do it for me.

Just shows you that everyone has their own taste and that is powerful. Enjoy!

kcutler
Paneristi
kcutler
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 6:48 am #17

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
kc

Kevin

Indianapolis, IN

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 7:31 am #18

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
if that's quick and dirty then so am I - oh hang on, I am.
Nice!
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

TruRadiomier
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 12:30 pm #19

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson

PAM 111, 183 & 232.
And Some Rolex...

reeks1
Paneristi
reeks1
Paneristi

August 6th, 2009, 12:31 pm #20

Lume Shots

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Wow! What an interesting watch!! Omega did an amazing job of recreating the original and adding some modern touches. Enjoy that very unique piece!!

Are my eyes deceiving me, or are the center links on your DS polished?

Regards,
Chris