OT-Spain travel recommendations

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT-Spain travel recommendations

ppacked4408
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 2:42 am #1

Taking the family for a trip , later June for 10 days to beautiful Espana!
In the planning stages.
Any tips/ recommendations greatly appreciated!
Cities to visit, hotels to stay, restaurants to dine, let me know ...
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 3:22 am #2

...I would personally leave the south (Andalucia)apart unless you really like hot conditions. You can reach Barcelona or Madrid, and spend there some days. Lots of opctions in both places, that we can discuss in a later stage.
Either you can arrive Barcelona, or Madrid...you can easliy travel from one to the pther by hish speed train.

I would go to the North of Spain, and spend some time visiting Bilbao/San Sebastian, and enjoy there the more fresh temperatures. Food and drink will make you VERY happy too. End June there are some nice Jazz Festivals, with lots of live concerts at the beach and the life at the stree is amazing. There is small ride by car between them, and thousands of places to visit around.

Even you can drive to Biarritz, in France which is a gorgeous place. Or you can drive to the interior and visit all the are in La Rioja, and visit some of best vinyards of Spain.

If you have some time take then a flight to Santiago de Compostela, in the other corner.

If you like the plan, then we can go into details...and I will be very please to help you.

gfriedell
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 3:30 am #3

In the planning stages.
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve
That area, Marbella, Malaga, Estepona has lots to do and would be a great summer vacation spot if you are looking for ocean, beach and golf activities. Lots of great trips to take in the area too (Ronda, Granada, Seville). If you make it to Estepona there is a restaurant there called Robbie's. Good food and a unique experience.

Just be careful of Pamplona. There are lawyers there who are more dangerous than the bulls

I'm sure the Spanish 'ristis can give you much more information.

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 3:32 am #4

Definitelly great places to go if you want to enjoy the beach and the summer.

nachifisio23
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 7:06 am #5

In the planning stages.
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve
like Santiago, Bilbao, San Sebastian,.... are great spots for summer activities.
If looking for sone history, good food,good beaches, etc. Is a goodchoice.
If u need anything alse from topnorth, just let me know.

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 7:34 am #6

nachifisio23
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 11:47 am #7

Jajaja I really left the grail of "Spain" as the final choice:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asturias

nachifisio23
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 11:50 am #8

In the planning stages.
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve
This a must:
http://www.parador.es/es/parador-de-san ... compostela
The oldest hotel in the world!!!

I'm quite close to Santiago, so if comming shot me an email

gerardito
Paneristi
gerardito
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 2:01 pm #9

In the planning stages.
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve
do no hesitate to drop me a mail, I will send you some info and will try to meet you if you so wish.
Otherwise, regarding cities to visit there´s a lot in Spain and you have good tips above.

My favourite cities in Spain are Seville, San Sebastián, Barcelona and Madrid (of course )

Once you have come up with a rough itinerary I could give you tips regarding hotels and restaurants for the relevant stops.

Cheers

ppacked4408
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 2:06 pm #10

...I would personally leave the south (Andalucia)apart unless you really like hot conditions. You can reach Barcelona or Madrid, and spend there some days. Lots of opctions in both places, that we can discuss in a later stage.
Either you can arrive Barcelona, or Madrid...you can easliy travel from one to the pther by hish speed train.

I would go to the North of Spain, and spend some time visiting Bilbao/San Sebastian, and enjoy there the more fresh temperatures. Food and drink will make you VERY happy too. End June there are some nice Jazz Festivals, with lots of live concerts at the beach and the life at the stree is amazing. There is small ride by car between them, and thousands of places to visit around.

Even you can drive to Biarritz, in France which is a gorgeous place. Or you can drive to the interior and visit all the are in La Rioja, and visit some of best vinyards of Spain.

If you have some time take then a flight to Santiago de Compostela, in the other corner.

If you like the plan, then we can go into details...and I will be very please to help you.

I look forward to your help!!
Best,
Steve

Cheers,
Steve

dpossenti
Paneristi
dpossenti
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 9:45 pm #11

In the planning stages.
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve
Bolonia beach

Yuo can see Tanger (Morocco) at night...magic

...........Into the Wild

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 10:23 am #12

In the planning stages.
Thanks!
Steve

ppacked4408@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Steve
Love Galicia & especially La Coruña.

I am absolutely hanging to get back home and go to my favourite place - La Bombilla.

Barcelona and Madrid are musts if travelling to Spain.

Robbie-Doooooooooooooooo!

Watch by Panerai
Bike by Look
Hair by Gillette