OT: Slim Leather Wallet

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: Slim Leather Wallet

bobpensik
Paneristi
bobpensik
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 9:22 pm #1

Ive always been on the hunt for the perfect wallet and I have come across some good ones, but nothing extraordinary.

I really like slim wallets since I really only carry 4-5 cards (debit, visa, DL, membership card), a couple business cards and maybe some cash.

Below is a short list of some of the recent wallets Ive bought in search of the perfect one (all pics borrowed from the net)

First one I tried was from Corter leather. The quality is really nice, but I wasnt a fan of the flap in the front and only one pocket

Next up I tried a case from Saddleback Leather. The leather quality was great, first rate construction, great price, but I didn't like opening the wallet all the time.

Next up was a simple card case from Coach. I really liked that it had 4 pockets on the outside and one in the middle, perfect for my use. Used it for a while, but the leather quality just wasnt up to the same quality as the handmade wallets so I had to try something else.

My current wallet from Makr. Again great quality leather and construction, and getting much closer to my favorite. But I find that I miss having the 4 outside pockets and one in the middle

I figured with all the leather junkies around here you might be able to suggest some options for custom or handmade leather wallet makers. I think ideally Id like one of similar design to the Coach, but from a custom or handmade wallet maker.

Any ideas?

I'd love to see everyone's wallet as well to see what you like to carry.

Thanks

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 9:37 pm #2

and pull that visa card out just a bit, i'll help you make a decision....just kidding of course.

i use a small swiss army wallet, holds a few cc's has a middle "pocket" and a place for your id.

kinda looks like this:

http://www.victorinoxstores.com/victori ... CaseWallet

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

lceniza
Paneristi
lceniza
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 9:56 pm #3

Ive always been on the hunt for the perfect wallet and I have come across some good ones, but nothing extraordinary.

I really like slim wallets since I really only carry 4-5 cards (debit, visa, DL, membership card), a couple business cards and maybe some cash.

Below is a short list of some of the recent wallets Ive bought in search of the perfect one (all pics borrowed from the net)

First one I tried was from Corter leather. The quality is really nice, but I wasnt a fan of the flap in the front and only one pocket

Next up I tried a case from Saddleback Leather. The leather quality was great, first rate construction, great price, but I didn't like opening the wallet all the time.

Next up was a simple card case from Coach. I really liked that it had 4 pockets on the outside and one in the middle, perfect for my use. Used it for a while, but the leather quality just wasnt up to the same quality as the handmade wallets so I had to try something else.

My current wallet from Makr. Again great quality leather and construction, and getting much closer to my favorite. But I find that I miss having the 4 outside pockets and one in the middle

I figured with all the leather junkies around here you might be able to suggest some options for custom or handmade leather wallet makers. I think ideally Id like one of similar design to the Coach, but from a custom or handmade wallet maker.

Any ideas?

Thanks
...and have not had any issues with it. It serves my purpose and has held up well the last year.

Cheers,
Lou - SoCal

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 10:07 pm #4

Any ideas?

Thanks
pocket wallets.

Night View
Il Duomo Firenze

kftman
Paneristi
kftman
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 10:12 pm #5

Any ideas?

Thanks
Swaine Adeney Brigg makes a great small card case

Comes in four colors (tan, chestnut, havana, and black)

Available in the US here: http://www.sterlingandburke.com/store/product1272.html

Also, Il Bisonte makes several, in various colors. As with Swaine Adeney, they make superior leather goods.

____
MK
______
Mark K

RUpanerai
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 10:18 pm #6

Any ideas?

Thanks
I currently have this one that was custom made and really enjoy it, however I wish It could fit cash better...

If you want to try and get someone to work on our project please email me, I have two strap makers that have products currently that can be slightly modified.

What I want in a slim wallet:

1. Ability to carry up to 5 cards (either one pocket or two)

2. Ability to carry cash in a pocket without the cash sticking out.

3. 3rd pocket for either ID or other cards...

This is the current one I had custom made for me, but I wish it was wide enough to fit US Bills folded.

If it had a center portion that was able to store cash folded, this would be my perfect everyday wallet...

Phumanchu
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 10:50 pm #7

Any ideas?

Thanks
Got this Paul Smith one off the wife 7 years ago and still going strong.....

Bit knackered but you can just about make out the naked lady inside....

Then if I have a smart do, I pull out this puppy (bday pressie from the wife this time)....

time4me
Paneristi
time4me
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 10:51 pm #8

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jim (time4me)

"It is not so much how you manage the successes but how you withstand the crisis."

Farbod007
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 11:20 pm #9

Any ideas?

Thanks

bobpensik
Paneristi
bobpensik
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 11:22 pm #10

Swaine Adeney Brigg makes a great small card case

Comes in four colors (tan, chestnut, havana, and black)

Available in the US here: http://www.sterlingandburke.com/store/product1272.html

Also, Il Bisonte makes several, in various colors. As with Swaine Adeney, they make superior leather goods.

____
MK
Mark, that one looks really nice, I like how it has 4 extranal and 1 centre pocket.

I wonder how the leather compares to Coach (i.e. thickness)

bobpensik
Paneristi
bobpensik
Paneristi

March 8th, 2012, 11:30 pm #11

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 12:05 am #12

Any ideas?

Thanks

gfriedell
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 12:46 am #13

Any ideas?

Thanks
1. Grégoire. Great product, dodgy maker.

2. Tanner out of Portland OR. Might be a bit less refined than what you're looking for, but good quality.

dcvelo
Paneristi
dcvelo
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 12:53 am #14

There is, I don't think is all bronze though.....

DBRacerx
Paneristi
DBRacerx
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 1:03 am #15

Any ideas?

Thanks
I'm enjoying the Angle Wallet, it handles several cards and some cash.

David
Cary, NC

paneristi005
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 1:15 am #16

Any ideas?

Thanks
Those G wallets by Gregoire look great

you can get a matching Belt too

Ask, Believe, and Receive...........

kftman
Paneristi
kftman
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 1:54 am #17

Mark, that one looks really nice, I like how it has 4 extranal and 1 centre pocket.

I wonder how the leather compares to Coach (i.e. thickness)
____
MK
______
Mark K

jacmerlin
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 2:30 am #18

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hello,

Get a Gregoire slim style wallet........ Not to much else is even close!!
Handmade and very custom, makes this the coolest thing since popcorn!!! LOL!!!

Jonathan

b.e.ashby
Paneristi
b.e.ashby
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 3:03 am #19

...and have not had any issues with it. It serves my purpose and has held up well the last year.

Cheers,
Lou - SoCal

I have the Coach one in brown and couple Cole Haan in black.

It cracks me up the number of interest that the folks on this site have in common.

Cheers,
Brandon

Brandon A.

rgarza8
Paneristi
rgarza8
Paneristi

March 9th, 2012, 3:10 am #20

Any ideas?

Thanks
Big skinny wallets are great wallets. Also a great value. I'm the same way. Love thin wallets since I carry in my front pockets. Just google big skinny