OT: my thoughts. + arrival of heavy ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: my thoughts. + arrival of heavy ;-)

murphy77
Paneristi
murphy77
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 5:16 pm #1

I know i don't post here much anymore, and you'll rarely see me wearing the only PAM i have. Still love Paneristi and check in daily, just fallen out of love with the brand product....for now.

This happened, i'm not entirely sure for what reason in early 2009. Since then i've been wearing all sorts. Rolex, Breitling, IWC, Omega, Linde Werdelin, Bell & Ross, Tag Heuer, Doxa, Helson and a few vintage Seiko Divers.

Just sort of drifting between brands. I don't really know how long this will last, or if it'll ever stop. I just get bored PDQ. None of these watches are over 10,000 USD as i just don't roll with the big boys

Gone though some 70+ watches over the last 3 years, and here are.... some stand out models that maybe everyone should try at some time.

Rolex GMT Ceramic S/S. Still IMPO the best watch Rolex currently make.
[/img]

Breitling Aerospace Avantage. The only watch Breitling currently make in Titanium. Superlight, comfortable, and cool sports watch. Once again IMPO the best watch Breitling currently produce.
[/img]

Linde Werdelin Elemental. Beautiful case and looks, and the best quality gator straps ive come across.
[/img]

These are the 3 that i really couldn't fault, I won't bore you by posting pictures of all the others, as i'm sure they won't be your bag, baybeeee.

Others that get a quick nod....

IWC 3536 (discontined model)
Breitling SO Heritage 46
Helson SD 42

------------------------------------------

So i continue my adventure into anything and everything. Stumbled across a video on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-WVtTyi1X4

Called some AD's to enquire about price. Was told, "oh that was discontinued Sir, around 2008/09, you probably won't find one as it wasn't a good seller. If you do find one, make sure its got the dive kit".

So that was that. Found a few second hand ones that looked ok, but had a few issues with damage on some, no dive kit, and the price for others were just bonkers.

TAG aren't really a brand i've ever lusted after, as you usually see them on every Tom, Dick and Jane.... but i was actually gutted i missed one a few months ago. Was I getting a lust for it ?

Right ...Monday 12th. A guy who I sold one of my watches to a couple of years ago, posted an impulse buy up on a forum i frequent. There she was, a perfect THAG.
One email/pm and 48 hours later its on my wrist. Warranty and receipt from LVMH (Tag Heuer) September 2012 !!!!!!!!! Bought as NOS from the TAG Heuer store.

Excited. Yes . Much

So it turned up today......

This is a TAG HEUER but I reckon a Skunkworks jobbie. The finish is so different to anything they've produced or produce. Look at the Vid above. My pic can't clearly show the depth of this watch. Its a chunky and angled little beast. The 3D vid, shows it much better.

For fit and finish my newest arrival beats everything ive ever had in the past.

Bought as NOS. 7 days ago. Its immaculate, with dive kit to boot

[/IMG]

...................MuRph....................

Squirrels are the rockstars of the rodent world.

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 6:00 pm #2

nice heft.

enjoy.

murphy77
Paneristi
murphy77
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 6:55 pm #3

murphy77
Paneristi
murphy77
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 8:27 pm #4

10th.

sharkie727
Paneristi
sharkie727
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 9:11 pm #5

I know i don't post here much anymore, and you'll rarely see me wearing the only PAM i have. Still love Paneristi and check in daily, just fallen out of love with the brand product....for now.

This happened, i'm not entirely sure for what reason in early 2009. Since then i've been wearing all sorts. Rolex, Breitling, IWC, Omega, Linde Werdelin, Bell & Ross, Tag Heuer, Doxa, Helson and a few vintage Seiko Divers.

Just sort of drifting between brands. I don't really know how long this will last, or if it'll ever stop. I just get bored PDQ. None of these watches are over 10,000 USD as i just don't roll with the big boys

Gone though some 70+ watches over the last 3 years, and here are.... some stand out models that maybe everyone should try at some time.

[/img]

Breitling Aerospace Avantage. The only watch Breitling currently make in Titanium. Superlight, comfortable, and cool sports watch. Once again IMPO the best watch Breitling currently produce.
[/img]

Linde Werdelin Elemental. Beautiful case and looks, and the best quality gator straps ive come across.
[/img]

These are the 3 that i really couldn't fault, I won't bore you by posting pictures of all the others, as i'm sure they won't be your bag, baybeeee.

Breitling SO Heritage 46
Helson SD 42

So i continue my adventure into anything and everything. Stumbled across a video on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-WVtTyi1X4

Called some AD's to enquire about price. Was told, "oh that was discontinued Sir, around 2008/09, you probably won't find one as it wasn't a good seller. If you do find one, make sure its got the dive kit".

So that was that. Found a few second hand ones that looked ok, but had a few issues with damage on some, no dive kit, and the price for others were just bonkers.

TAG aren't really a brand i've ever lusted after, as you usually see them on every Tom, Dick and Jane.... but i was actually gutted i missed one a few months ago. Was I getting a lust for it ?

Right ...Monday 12th. A guy who I sold one of my watches to a couple of years ago, posted an impulse buy up on a forum i frequent. There she was, a perfect THAG.
One email/pm and 48 hours later its on my wrist. Warranty and receipt from LVMH (Tag Heuer) September 2012 !!!!!!!!! Bought as NOS from the TAG Heuer store.

Excited. Yes . Much

This is a TAG HEUER but I reckon a Skunkworks jobbie. The finish is so different to anything they've produced or produce. Look at the Vid above. My pic can't clearly show the depth of this watch. Its a chunky and angled little beast. The 3D vid, shows it much better.

[/IMG]

I've always enjoyed you're collection.

Jamie

murphy77
Paneristi
murphy77
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 9:22 pm #6

I gotta bit of copying and pasting to do then

murphy77
Paneristi
murphy77
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 9:56 pm #7

I've always enjoyed you're collection.

Jamie
Since 2009

LW....
[/img]

PO 42...
[/img]

AERO....
[/img]

HERC & CA....
[/img]

Newer AERO(s) black and blue....
[/img]

STEEL SEAWOLF....
[/img]

BR03....
[/img]

BR03's....
[/img]

EXP2 ....
[/img]

[/img]

Classic AT Iwc
[/img]

1680 ....
[/img]

OYSTER ....
[/img]

2 x CHRONOMAT....
[/img]

HERITAGE on Simona ....
[/img]

48 COMP...
[/img]

TI SEAWOLF ....
[/img]

750T ....
[/img]

1200T ....
[/img]

1000T ....
[/img]

SO blk pro2..
[/img]

SOC....
[/img]

GMT Ceramic ....
[/img]

SO blu pro1 ....
[/img]

Speedy L.E M2M
[/img]

Colt gmt
[/img]

Avenger Skyland ...
[/img]

Just launched SO2
[/img]

Orange Monster
[/img]

007 ...
[/img]

500m Calibre 5 .....
[/img]

Ti SMP
[/img]

1976 Speedy 861 8) 8) 8) AP
[/img]

2004 SOC...
[/img]

Dynamic...
[/img]

2254 SMP....
[/img]

WCO SM300
[/img]

Black Monster
[/img]

Jan 2011......

2010 Aero
[/img]

2004 Headwind
[/img]

2007 Evo
[/img]

2001 B-1
[/img]

2002 Slate grey CA
[/img]

2007 CGMT
[/img]

2001 SO PRO
[/img]

2008 Colt
[/img]

Rare White CA....
[/img]

Herc
[/img]

2010 last of the classic SO's
[/img]

2005 SMGMT
[/img]

2011 Railmaster 39mm
[/img]

2011 Aquaracer 43mm 500 Calibre 5.
[/img]

2007 Colt II Auto
[/img]

2002 CA
[/img]

Cockpit 41mm
[/img]

Doxa 750Tgmt
[/img]

Doxa 750Tpro
[/img]

Doxa 1200T
[/img]

Helson Sharkmaster 1000m ....
[/img]

Helson Sharkdiver42 ...
[/img]

Breitling Colt GMT...
[/img]

Black Sharkdiver
[/img]

1999 Serviced B-1
[/img]

2011 SuperOcean 44
[/img]

1971 Speedy
[/img]

2010 Steelfish
[/img]

2007 Colt II
[/img]

2008 WAB2010
[/img]

Phumanchu
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm #8

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Breitling SO Heritage 46
Helson SD 42

Excited. Yes . Much

[/IMG]

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 10:33 pm #9

Since 2009

LW....
[/img]

PO 42...
[/img]

AERO....
[/img]

HERC & CA....
[/img]

Newer AERO(s) black and blue....
[/img]

STEEL SEAWOLF....
[/img]

BR03....
[/img]

BR03's....
[/img]

EXP2 ....
[/img]

[/img]

Classic AT Iwc
[/img]

1680 ....
[/img]

OYSTER ....
[/img]

2 x CHRONOMAT....
[/img]

HERITAGE on Simona ....
[/img]

48 COMP...
[/img]

TI SEAWOLF ....
[/img]

750T ....
[/img]

1200T ....
[/img]

1000T ....
[/img]

SO blk pro2..
[/img]

SOC....
[/img]

GMT Ceramic ....
[/img]

SO blu pro1 ....
[/img]

Speedy L.E M2M
[/img]

Colt gmt
[/img]

Avenger Skyland ...
[/img]

Just launched SO2
[/img]

Orange Monster
[/img]

007 ...
[/img]

500m Calibre 5 .....
[/img]

Ti SMP
[/img]

1976 Speedy 861 8) 8) 8) AP
[/img]

2004 SOC...
[/img]

Dynamic...
[/img]

2254 SMP....
[/img]

WCO SM300
[/img]

Black Monster
[/img]

Jan 2011......

2010 Aero
[/img]

2004 Headwind
[/img]

2007 Evo
[/img]

2001 B-1
[/img]

2002 Slate grey CA
[/img]

2007 CGMT
[/img]

2001 SO PRO
[/img]

2008 Colt
[/img]

Rare White CA....
[/img]

Herc
[/img]

2010 last of the classic SO's
[/img]

2005 SMGMT
[/img]

2011 Railmaster 39mm
[/img]

2011 Aquaracer 43mm 500 Calibre 5.
[/img]

2007 Colt II Auto
[/img]

2002 CA
[/img]

Cockpit 41mm
[/img]

Doxa 750Tgmt
[/img]

Doxa 750Tpro
[/img]

Doxa 1200T
[/img]

Helson Sharkmaster 1000m ....
[/img]

Helson Sharkdiver42 ...
[/img]

Breitling Colt GMT...
[/img]

Black Sharkdiver
[/img]

1999 Serviced B-1
[/img]

2011 SuperOcean 44
[/img]

1971 Speedy
[/img]

2010 Steelfish
[/img]

2007 Colt II
[/img]

2008 WAB2010
[/img]

beautiful, it seems you do like Breitlings and Omegas

nice red sub as well, among others

regarding to your change of taste, I think I can understand part of it -- at least for me, 2012 was the least exciting year for Panerai new issues -- although lots would say against it because 399 and alike, I start to see that there are too much new models with just little differences and big increase of price, tied with lots of marketing and boosting of interest

It's a bit too much already, IMHO

best

murphy77
Paneristi
murphy77
Paneristi

September 13th, 2012, 11:30 pm #10

mirador
Paneristi
mirador
Paneristi

September 14th, 2012, 3:10 am #11

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Breitling SO Heritage 46
Helson SD 42

Excited. Yes . Much

[/IMG]

I like these types of posts Murph, I think we all shift our preferences from time to time, and it's interesting to see how others sample different brands and their collecting evolves

Serva Tempa

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

September 14th, 2012, 4:24 am #12

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Breitling SO Heritage 46
Helson SD 42

Excited. Yes . Much

[/IMG]

half is hoping this wanderlust stops at the wrist, L0L

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .