OT: My Desert Island Dream *** D.I.D ***

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: My Desert Island Dream *** D.I.D ***

justhideandwatch
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:20 am #1

This whole fiasco started out innocently enough. I headed out for a dream boat trip aboard this primo surf charter boat.

After almost 2 days out at sea, we finally pulled up to the break and...it was going off!!!

We surfed our brains out, and after a long day crashed out for the night. Early in the morning we woke up to the boat being tossed around by some massive swells! The captain forgot to anchor the boat properly, and we drifted into the middle of the surf spot!

He fired up the engines and booked it for the horizon hoping to make it over a huge set of waves. We barely made it over the first one.

But the second one cleaned us up.

The ship was swamped, and we were done for.

Lucky for us, this was the island the boat sunk in front of.

I grabbed my trusty 6'0" and started paddling towards shore.

I turned and looked behind me and saw another huge set of waves. Lucky for me I was in the perfect spot. I paddled twice and dropped into a bomb!

Everything was going well until the end section broke in front of me.

After doing cartwheels underwater for a minute or two, I washed up on shore.

Luckily, before the boat sank I was able to grab a few things, and ended up on the island with the following:

2 Watches. Well, I couldn't settle on two, so it had to be 3. All three of these mean different things to me.

First up, the PAM 233. This was my first grail Panerai that I was able to attain, and I've had it for almost 4 years. I wore it on the first date with my wife, on our wedding day, etc... You get the idea...this watch is very special to me.

Next is my PAM 009 B. Once I'd been collecting PAMs for 4-5 years and my tastes turned towards the older stuff, a PVD base dial was my next grail piece. I LOVE how clean this thing is, and who doesn't love a base dial with some PVD???

Finally, is my 390. My favorite modern Panerai base dial (sorry, didn't get picked for a 360). This watch means a lot to me since a good friend helped me get it. You know who you are...thank you!

2 songs.

The first song is my all time favorite song. Good for Me by Above and Beyond. I'm sure many of you are not fans of electronic music, but I am, and this song has so many great memories associated with it. Partying with friends until 9am in Miami for Winter Music Conference, cranking it in the headphones at the end of many many marathons, the list goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1HKciFnt_Q

Second song, Broken by Pennywise. Ever since high school this has been one of my favorite songs to crank while driving to the beach and getting pumped to go for a surf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9urybXj170A

1 book.

This was a tough one...I'll fully admit I am not much of a reader. If I had to pick one, I'd pick this one.

Having been through losing a parent to cancer, this book really inspired me to get involved and do whatever I can to further the fight against cancer.

1 movie.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky guy, but I do love a good story too. I couldn't pick 1, so I had to have 2. One to make me laugh, and one because the story is just so damn good.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

This one. Pday Firenze, and my honeymoon, all rolled into one. What an amazing few days in Firenze!

1 memory.

As of late, one of my favorite days was our first LIVESTRONG golf tournament that my wife and I helped to get off the ground. We had a great turnout with a few great ristis in attendance. Having fun and raising money for a great cause all while hanging out with great friends. It doesn't get much better than that.

1 meal.

These 2 things don't exactly go together, but this is my favorite starter of all time. Tomato, mozzarella and avocado salad. Mix it up with some balsamic and sea salt/black pepper and you are in for a real treat.

Tacos. Any tacos will do just fine.

But grilled fish tacos are my favorite.

Wash it down with a cold pacifico and a lime.

1 person.

This was an easy one. My wife. She's my favorite person in the world.

Thanks for reading my DID! Hopefully you found it entertaining. If you'd like to be chosen for the next one, reply below and I'll choose the next person in the next few days.

-Taylor

justhideandwatch
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:29 am #2

Thanks to Michael M for giving me a gentle shove into doing this.

-Taylor

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:34 am #3

This whole fiasco started out innocently enough. I headed out for a dream boat trip aboard this primo surf charter boat.

After almost 2 days out at sea, we finally pulled up to the break and...it was going off!!!

We surfed our brains out, and after a long day crashed out for the night. Early in the morning we woke up to the boat being tossed around by some massive swells! The captain forgot to anchor the boat properly, and we drifted into the middle of the surf spot!

He fired up the engines and booked it for the horizon hoping to make it over a huge set of waves. We barely made it over the first one.

I turned and looked behind me and saw another huge set of waves. Lucky for me I was in the perfect spot. I paddled twice and dropped into a bomb!

Luckily, before the boat sank I was able to grab a few things, and ended up on the island with the following:

2 Watches. Well, I couldn't settle on two, so it had to be 3. All three of these mean different things to me.

First up, the PAM 233. This was my first grail Panerai that I was able to attain, and I've had it for almost 4 years. I wore it on the first date with my wife, on our wedding day, etc... You get the idea...this watch is very special to me.

Next is my PAM 009 B. Once I'd been collecting PAMs for 4-5 years and my tastes turned towards the older stuff, a PVD base dial was my next grail piece. I LOVE how clean this thing is, and who doesn't love a base dial with some PVD???

Finally, is my 390. My favorite modern Panerai base dial (sorry, didn't get picked for a 360). This watch means a lot to me since a good friend helped me get it. You know who you are...thank you!

2 songs.

The first song is my all time favorite song. Good for Me by Above and Beyond. I'm sure many of you are not fans of electronic music, but I am, and this song has so many great memories associated with it. Partying with friends until 9am in Miami for Winter Music Conference, cranking it in the headphones at the end of many many marathons, the list goes on.

Second song, Broken by Pennywise. Ever since high school this has been one of my favorite songs to crank while driving to the beach and getting pumped to go for a surf.

1 book.

This was a tough one...I'll fully admit I am not much of a reader. If I had to pick one, I'd pick this one.

Having been through losing a parent to cancer, this book really inspired me to get involved and do whatever I can to further the fight against cancer.

1 movie.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky guy, but I do love a good story too. I couldn't pick 1, so I had to have 2. One to make me laugh, and one because the story is just so damn good.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

This one. Pday Firenze, and my honeymoon, all rolled into one. What an amazing few days in Firenze!

1 memory.

As of late, one of my favorite days was our first LIVESTRONG golf tournament that my wife and I helped to get off the ground. We had a great turnout with a few great ristis in attendance. Having fun and raising money for a great cause all while hanging out with great friends. It doesn't get much better than that.

1 meal.

These 2 things don't exactly go together, but this is my favorite starter of all time. Tomato, mozzarella and avocado salad. Mix it up with some balsamic and sea salt/black pepper and you are in for a real treat.

1 person.

Thanks for reading my DID! Hopefully you found it entertaining. If you'd like to be chosen for the next one, reply below and I'll choose the next person in the next few days.

-Taylor

DIDs are back!

Good one

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

It's so hard to see how this elegant beauty was a war watch! Man, them Italians do everything in style!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

paneristi005
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:35 am #4

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Great D.I.D.....didnt you order those tacos when we were at at Big Fish?

Ask, Believe, and Receive...........

hongT
Paneristi
hongT
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:37 am #5

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Very interesting!!

Cheers
HongT

gregcar
Paneristi
gregcar
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:55 am #6

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Pics and you and your wife look great sporting those watches!!!

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 4:08 am #7

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Firenze P-Day was a special one for sure!

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 4:36 am #8

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

What you & Catherine have done partnering with the Livestrong organization is absolutely amazing.

Hang ten, bro! (that's what surfer dudes day, right? =P)

-luke

DiegoArana
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 5:12 am #9

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

a great DID M8!!

You are always a positive force!!

Cheers,
Diego
Studio City, CA
Refresh, refresh, refresh........

996TTx50
Paneristi
996TTx50
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 5:56 am #10

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Regards,

Craig LA

"There are three types of people in the world -- those who can count, and those who can't." ~Warren Buffet

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 7:09 am #11

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

GUSH

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 7:22 am #12

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

A great DID from a great guy!

Thanks for giving brother!

Michael M.

zameenzahari
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 9:45 am #13

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

HammerHammer
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 10:57 am #14

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

jimmer71
Paneristi
jimmer71
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 12:46 pm #15

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

you definitely got some surfing skillz

-Jimmer

steveroadking
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 12:50 pm #16

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

I just wanted to share my applause with you.

Bravo!!!
Bravo!!!
Bravo!!!
(use you imagination and hear the crowd noise as if a home run was hit to break a 12th inning tie)

Be well:)

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve (steveroadking)

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

prosecutor76
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 12:51 pm #17

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Great job Taylor.

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 1:30 pm #18

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

pp5120
Paneristi
pp5120
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 1:46 pm #19

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

Nicely done and good work from a classy dude!

murphtyper
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 1:59 pm #20

2 songs.

1 book.

1 movie.

To make me laugh.

Great story.

1 photograph.

1 memory.

1 meal.

1 person.

-Taylor

That shot of the surf charter boat is awesome