OT: IWC Pilot or Hublot Big Bang

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: IWC Pilot or Hublot Big Bang

JohnDoe77
Paneristi
JohnDoe77
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 8:47 pm #1

Hi all,

I bought my first watch a couple of months ago, a PAM 320 and i love it a lot! I can't help staring at it!

I have been wearing my PAM five days in a week and i decided to add another watch to my "collection" so i will not wear out my PAM to fast... I am looking to buy a watch around EUR 10k (USD 13k) and really like the Hublot Big Bang series and IWC (new) Pilot Watches.

What can you guys recommend me?

Kind regards,

JD

utah320
Paneristi
utah320
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 9:00 pm #2

My first Pam is also a 320, no regret right? The P 9001 is sharp! Recommendation is subjective...between the two brands is a tie,happy watch hunting!

kirby_iv
Paneristi
kirby_iv
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 9:02 pm #3

Hi all,

I bought my first watch a couple of months ago, a PAM 320 and i love it a lot! I can't help staring at it!

I have been wearing my PAM five days in a week and i decided to add another watch to my "collection" so i will not wear out my PAM to fast... I am looking to buy a watch around EUR 10k (USD 13k) and really like the Hublot Big Bang series and IWC (new) Pilot Watches.

Kind regards,

JD
Go for the all black / gummy gator strap version IMO it is the best one. OJ from WUW has one for sale right now on his site at a pretty good price.

stingerstingray
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 9:29 pm #4

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
219; Pam382 'Bronzo'; (Pam112 & Rolex GMT MasterII - RIP)

JohnDoe77
Paneristi
JohnDoe77
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 10:06 pm #5

Which one (model number)?

JD

JohnDoe77
Paneristi
JohnDoe77
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 10:08 pm #6

Go for the all black / gummy gator strap version IMO it is the best one. OJ from WUW has one for sale right now on his site at a pretty good price.
WUW?

PM maybe?

JD

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 10:28 pm #7

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
nt

jcatral14
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 10:44 pm #8

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
-Jay in Northern NJ

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 11:37 pm #9

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
buy another pam to rotate since u love the watch

stingerstingray
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 11:39 pm #10

Which one (model number)?

JD
219; Pam382 'Bronzo'; (Pam112 & Rolex GMT MasterII - RIP)

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 11:49 pm #11

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
As for your poll, I would probably say IWC. Call me strange, but the screws on the front of the Hublot are never in sync and that really bothers me! AP always has their screws lined up, why can't Hublot do it?

Sorry for my OCD.

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 11:51 pm #12

Get a base or a 372 or something quite different from the 320 but still a PAM.

My two yen.

photoboynyc
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 1:07 am #13

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
High Beat Movement & Old Style Dial.....the bestest of the Big Pilots!!!

BT

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 2:49 am #14

Get a base or a 372 or something quite different from the 320 but still a PAM.

My two yen.
get different models, get a history model like 390 coz is based model and yest different casing.

mikefarha
Paneristi
mikefarha
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 3:25 am #15

BT
If you can find a transitional 5002 with the right crown and strap, it's the one. I do though like my 5004 too....
[/IMG]

chaswilbur
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 3:32 am #16

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
I was just trying on the Big Pilot the other day, it's just a fantastic looking watch, tons of presence on the wrist, nice movement. Hublot feels like a dress watch to me, and I just don't feel comfortable wearing dress watches.. The new Ceramic IWC is nice to me eye, but it's not cheap either..

Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!
Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!

lceniza
Paneristi
lceniza
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 4:08 am #17

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
Not a big fan of Hublot.

Cheers,
Lou - SoCal

JohnDoe77
Paneristi
JohnDoe77
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 11:05 am #18

Hi all,

Kind regards,

JD
Thanks for the replies!

I really love the 320; it is a great watch and yes i am tempted to buy antoher Panerai... But i would also like to own a watch outside of Panerai, so thats why i am looking at IWC and Hublot.

I got a respons that the Hublots are not to good with keeping their value. Not that i am buying it as an investment, but it would be nice to have a solid watch (also concerning value). I wear a suite during the week, so probably the IWC would fit better next to my 320?

Thanks again!

JD

luxuryguru
Paneristi
luxuryguru
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 11:46 am #19

BT
5002 transitional best of the bunch

Frank
panerainut @ gmail . com (no spaces)

utah320
Paneristi
utah320
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 2:38 pm #20

Thanks for the replies!

I really love the 320; it is a great watch and yes i am tempted to buy antoher Panerai... But i would also like to own a watch outside of Panerai, so thats why i am looking at IWC and Hublot.

I got a respons that the Hublots are not to good with keeping their value. Not that i am buying it as an investment, but it would be nice to have a solid watch (also concerning value). I wear a suite during the week, so probably the IWC would fit better next to my 320?

Thanks again!

JD
IWC ! Not familiar with them,but they seem slimmer than a Hublot,and more dressy,white dial especially,cheers!