OT: Family holiday and the first trip for the P-Day Seiko>>>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: Family holiday and the first trip for the P-Day Seiko>>>

kiwisd
Paneristi
kiwisd
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 9:29 am #1

Took the opportunity to take the family to Okinawa for a few days... a welcome break from work and a chance for a change of scenery...

The post is for you Hammer --> hope you are on the mend soon buddy!! Also looking forward to some pics with your new "toys"... too bad these are only iPhone pics...

Every journey starts at the beginning... waiting to board the plane... score!! they upgraded us on the way down... good start...

First stop... Churaumi Sea Aquarium about 70 minutes drive north from Naha and the airport... holds the record for the largest viewing window of an aquarium...

Various sea turtles... and a lionfish...

And a closer look at that top pic... beautiful creatures...

A bit of watch content... the P-Day Seiko and some local flora...

Stopped in for some local noodles on the way back - soki soba... not my cuppa but my daughter really likes them... the pork is soft as butter...

Day 2 and the kids kryptonite... the POOL!!!! A few snaps poolside, lunch... and what happens when you go hard at it and the batteries run down... yes, that is Taylor asleep... in the pool...

Okinawa is famous for Ryuku glass... my wife loves this stuff... and watch out, it is expensive!!

My wife and daughter tried their hand at making their own glasses... not a bad result... L (Soko) / R (Suzuna)

Visitied the local Ryuku village to experience local culture... quite a blast...
L to R: "Shisa" the guardian lions; Taylor ready to go; family shot

Clockwise L to R: the show; our turn!!; with one of the drummers

Suzuna and Taylor trying their hand at making plates...

Food was great all around... first, a restaurant we always go to... great traditional Okinawan food, local shochu "Awamori", and "Habu-shu" - which is alcohol with a whole viper in the mix...

Tacos on the last night... downed with the local beer "Orion"...

And finished off with umi-budo ice cream... umi-budo (direct translation - sea grapes) I like by themselves but the ice cream I can't really recommend...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caulerpa_lentillifera

Meet a few of the locals...

Sunsets weren't bad either...
Clockwise L to R: Sunset; Suzuna and Soko above the beach; inside the hotel; welcome drink - again awamori base...

Final evening sunset... memory shot...

And everything must come to an end... time to go...

Anti-clockwise from top L: Mum on the phone... looks like I left all the gifts at the hotel... not happy; getting the supplies in before take off; the 777-300 to take us home...

Back home and settled in with still one day left before heading back to work... the dog was happy to see us of course...

Well, hope you enjoyed the pics... the Seiko spent alot of time in the water and not a problem... not that I was expecting one anyway!!

Cheers, Jason

sdumperth
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 9:40 am #2

You have a lovely family Thanks for taking us along.

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 9:40 am #3

Took the opportunity to take the family to Okinawa for a few days... a welcome break from work and a chance for a change of scenery...

The post is for you Hammer --> hope you are on the mend soon buddy!! Also looking forward to some pics with your new "toys"... too bad these are only iPhone pics...

Every journey starts at the beginning... waiting to board the plane... score!! they upgraded us on the way down... good start...

First stop... Churaumi Sea Aquarium about 70 minutes drive north from Naha and the airport... holds the record for the largest viewing window of an aquarium...

Stopped in for some local noodles on the way back - soki soba... not my cuppa but my daughter really likes them... the pork is soft as butter...

Day 2 and the kids kryptonite... the POOL!!!! A few snaps poolside, lunch... and what happens when you go hard at it and the batteries run down... yes, that is Taylor asleep... in the pool...

Okinawa is famous for Ryuku glass... my wife loves this stuff... and watch out, it is expensive!!

My wife and daughter tried their hand at making their own glasses... not a bad result... L (Soko) / R (Suzuna)

Visitied the local Ryuku village to experience local culture... quite a blast...

Food was great all around... first, a restaurant we always go to... great traditional Okinawan food, local shochu "Awamori", and "Habu-shu" - which is alcohol with a whole viper in the mix...

And finished off with umi-budo ice cream... umi-budo (direct translation - sea grapes) I like by themselves but the ice cream I can't really recommend...

Clockwise L to R: Sunset; Suzuna and Soko above the beach; inside the hotel; welcome drink - again awamori base...

Anti-clockwise from top L: Mum on the phone... looks like I left all the gifts at the hotel... not happy; getting the supplies in before take off; the 777-300 to take us home...

Back home and settled in with still one day left before heading back to work... the dog was happy to see us of course...

Well, hope you enjoyed the pics... the Seiko spent alot of time in the water and not a problem... not that I was expecting one anyway!!

Cheers, Jason
HAGWE

patStc
Paneristi
patStc
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 9:46 am #4

Cheers, Jason
Really enjoyed that and what a wonderful family

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 10:13 am #5

Cheers, Jason
Thanks
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 10:56 am #6

Cheers, Jason
Night View
Il Duomo Firenze

H2Finally
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 12:04 pm #7

Cheers, Jason
Thanks so much for sharing your holiday & your beautiful family!! )

lengjai
Paneristi
lengjai
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 12:14 pm #8

Cheers, Jason
Awesome report! Thank you for sharing!

I hope I can make it there someday and experience at least half of what you did!

winrad
Paneristi
winrad
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 12:53 pm #9

Cheers, Jason
Good to see you posting and seeing the Pday Seiko.

Win

DU P-Day 2011: If you were not there, you were not there.

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 1:23 pm #10

Cheers, Jason
Beautiful family and looks like a fun time. All the best!

-luke

kiwisd
Paneristi
kiwisd
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 1:58 pm #11

4 months on and I am stronger than i have ever been... amazing surgical success and early outcome...

Fingers crossed... but this helps:
S1/L5 - spacer and caged / L5/L4 - removed hernia and caged

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:07 pm #12

Cheers, Jason
the pic of you and your son is priceless : )

GUSH

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:08 pm #13

4 months on and I am stronger than i have ever been... amazing surgical success and early outcome...

Fingers crossed... but this helps:
S1/L5 - spacer and caged / L5/L4 - removed hernia and caged

I'm still amazed since it was so soon after DU! Glad you're on the right track. I assume a lot of PT and love & support from the family.

-luke

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:13 pm #14

Cheers, Jason
should take the family one time, for sure! Looks wonderful!

PS You have a beautiful family!

kiwisd
Paneristi
kiwisd
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:18 pm #15

the pic of you and your son is priceless : )

GUSH

shmeedr
Paneristi
shmeedr
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:21 pm #16

Cheers, Jason

My Grails.

Avi: "Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?"
Bullet Tooth Tony: "You can call me Susan if it makes you happy." Snatch

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Pam 005 N Series (Gone)
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610

AndySIII
Paneristi
AndySIII
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:26 pm #17

Cheers, Jason
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 3:54 pm #18

Cheers, Jason

Panerai....So Much More Than Just A Watch!!

action--dan
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:25 pm #19

Cheers, Jason
Stunning! Great trip, thanks for sharing :) n/t

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 9:48 pm #20

Cheers, Jason