OT: Essex boys do...............Olympic Boxing...........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: Essex boys do...............Olympic Boxing...........

Phumanchu
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 2:34 pm #1

....well not with my usual partner in crime, Nick "Muscles" but me best mucker who hooked us all up with some tickets for the boxing on Day 2 of the Olympics.

Well after a wicked opening ceremony and the Queen jumping out of a Helicopter, it was time to get involved ourselves.....Best mates wife was excited for the event....tagged early doors.....

Met up a bit earlier for a spot of dinner at Canary Wharf before jumping on the Jubilee line one stop to North Greenwich to try out a new attraction......

As we stepped out of the station, we could see where we were heading.....

Just had to stroll past the O2 to get to the cable cars.......

Entrance.......

£3.20 later.......legit to travel......

Drugs and trouble? No chance, not with Old Bill about......

View of the Thames and the Thames Barrier in the background.....

Looking back at the O2 and Canary Wharf.....

Cable car ride was pretty quick and before we knew it we were on our way to the arena. Been seeing more of these in the build up to the start of the games. Olympic Beemer.....

Rocking up the the ExCel and not a spreadsheet in site

For those of you that havent been to the ExCel before, its massive, it wasnt just Boxing being staged here......

Needed this bad boy to get myself in......

After some airport style checks we were in......

Just in case you didnt know what was going on in London......

Finally, some watch content......

Our boy, Josh Taylor was first up.....these boards reminded me of Daniel-San from Karate Kid.....

Took our seats and we were ready for the action.....(sorry, iphone and bright lights dont mix well )

During the fight......

Three rounds later.....we have a winner - Go on Son! Our lad wins....

The rest of the fights went by and for the US Ristis, a performance of note from your boy Errol Spence. He was a bit tasty to be fair and even got a USA, USA, USA, USA chant from the crowd.

We left a bit before the end but special mention to all the Olympic volunteers who were extremely helpful and friendly. Credit to the games. The event was well organised, slick and very enjoyable, Im sure this will be the same for the rest of the games. Makes you realise what a great place London is. Im sure you guys heading out for P-Day soon will get a taste for it......

Quick wrist shot to finish on the tube home.....

If you made it this far, as ever, thanks for looking. Have a great week everyone.
Cheers and Olympics.

murphtyper
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 3:04 pm #2

There is just something special about the Olympics, hard to explain but I was in Atlanta for the 96 games and will never forget the experience.

jaykay177
Paneristi
jaykay177
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 3:37 pm #3

....well not with my usual partner in crime, Nick "Muscles" but me best mucker who hooked us all up with some tickets for the boxing on Day 2 of the Olympics.

Well after a wicked opening ceremony and the Queen jumping out of a Helicopter, it was time to get involved ourselves.....Best mates wife was excited for the event....tagged early doors.....

Met up a bit earlier for a spot of dinner at Canary Wharf before jumping on the Jubilee line one stop to North Greenwich to try out a new attraction......

Entrance.......

Cable car ride was pretty quick and before we knew it we were on our way to the arena. Been seeing more of these in the build up to the start of the games. Olympic Beemer.....

For those of you that havent been to the ExCel before, its massive, it wasnt just Boxing being staged here......

Our boy, Josh Taylor was first up.....these boards reminded me of Daniel-San from Karate Kid.....

Took our seats and we were ready for the action.....(sorry, iphone and bright lights dont mix well )

During the fight......

The rest of the fights went by and for the US Ristis, a performance of note from your boy Errol Spence. He was a bit tasty to be fair and even got a USA, USA, USA, USA chant from the crowd.

We left a bit before the end but special mention to all the Olympic volunteers who were extremely helpful and friendly. Credit to the games. The event was well organised, slick and very enjoyable, Im sure this will be the same for the rest of the games. Makes you realise what a great place London is. Im sure you guys heading out for P-Day soon will get a taste for it......

If you made it this far, as ever, thanks for looking. Have a great week everyone.
Cheers and Olympics.

I am going to Old Trafford tomorrow evening to watch women's football. USA vs PRK.

Not exactly a fixture or event I would have chosen but beggars can't be choosers.

I'll try and get a pic of my and my 372 tomorrow at the game!

Phumanchu
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 3:38 pm #4

Phumanchu
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 3:39 pm #5

There is just something special about the Olympics, hard to explain but I was in Atlanta for the 96 games and will never forget the experience.

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 4:12 pm #6

Entrance.......

During the fight......

Cheers and Olympics.

really looking forward to londontown post-oly.
good stuff Phumanchu. 390 wearing very well.

-ep

posting from G. World Park

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
- Howard Dietz

Phumanchu
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 4:27 pm #7

terrywoods
Paneristi

July 30th, 2012, 8:21 pm #8

I am going to Old Trafford tomorrow evening to watch women's football. USA vs PRK.

Not exactly a fixture or event I would have chosen but beggars can't be choosers.

I'll try and get a pic of my and my 372 tomorrow at the game!
Really good atmosphere despite the poor showing by GB.

Could not believe how they had been round the ground and taped over any non Olympic sponsors on the man utd pictures

Did see another chap in a panerai on the way in

The free buses were pretty handy too

Antony23
Paneristi
Antony23
Paneristi

August 1st, 2012, 2:10 pm #9

Entrance.......

During the fight......

Cheers and Olympics.

..thanks for sharing your day!