OT: Dial color choice of Helson Bronze

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: Dial color choice of Helson Bronze

DaytonaBoy
Paneristi
DaytonaBoy
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 8:11 am #1

I am torn between brown and green.

Please help!

stingerstingray
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 8:16 am #2

219; Pam382 'Bronzo'; (Pam112 & Rolex GMT MasterII - RIP)

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 9:26 am #3

Please help!
green dial nice

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 9:34 am #4

Please help!

DLVega
Paneristi
DLVega
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 9:34 am #5

Please help!
GREEN !!!! That's the one i chose

DaytonaBoy
Paneristi
DaytonaBoy
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 9:48 am #6

Is the green light green or dark green?

DLVega
Paneristi
DLVega
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 10:57 am #7

it's a dark green... I think. Mine is coming in tomorrow.

There are some pics of it, a few posts below

dcvelo
Paneristi
dcvelo
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 11:23 am #8

Please help!
Green, of course. Too many brown and black dials out there!!

Enjoy!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

photoboynyc
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 1:45 pm #9

Please help!
I'm torn between NO and NO.....

Helson, Helson, Helson.......not for nuthin', but I'm not the only guy in here who is finding these (rather bizarre) repeated shout-outs for a brand other than Panerai a little weird. Oh sure, we all occasionally drop a post about our Pateks, or JLC's or IWC's or Casio's...but all this Helson stuff is beginning to feel out of place. You wanna talk about Helson...start a Helson forum! Imagine if you were a member of a Porsche forum, and a few guys repeatedly bragged about their Minivans.....ya get my point?!!

I. Has. Spoke.

JoseB.
Paneristi
JoseB.
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 2:04 pm #10

don't like Helson's he he he he
Hope all is well!

Jose

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 2:18 pm #11

Helson, Helson, Helson.......not for nuthin', but I'm not the only guy in here who is finding these (rather bizarre) repeated shout-outs for a brand other than Panerai a little weird. Oh sure, we all occasionally drop a post about our Pateks, or JLC's or IWC's or Casio's...but all this Helson stuff is beginning to feel out of place. You wanna talk about Helson...start a Helson forum! Imagine if you were a member of a Porsche forum, and a few guys repeatedly bragged about their Minivans.....ya get my point?!!

I. Has. Spoke.
Night View
Il Duomo Firenze

Last edited by FrankV1 on May 24th, 2012, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

photoboynyc
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 2:44 pm #12

don't like Helson's he he he he
Hope all is well!

Jose
I have zero opinion on the Helson watch brand. If I did, I would try to find a place on the interwebs where I could express my love for the things. I sure wouldn't hijack another brand forum to get my message out, that's for sure.

Like I said, we're all twisted watch geeks and we like talking about how groovy our watches are. But we're in is particular place to primarily talk about Panerai. And every once and a while dropping an OT post about another brand is Kool and the Gang, but Helson talk is beginning to take on a life of its own here, and I don't get it.

I. Has. Spoke.

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 2:55 pm #13

I. Has. Spoke.
No direspect to Helson owners but there are many many thread about this brand and it is not ( I think ) better or cheaper than hundreds other ...

thewatchboys
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 3:15 pm #14

I. Has. Spoke.
Yeah, it's getting a bit tired... long time ago! (nt)

thewatchboys
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 3:19 pm #15

them who opened up the can of worms.... hahaha

Your fellow New Yorker.

K

mnm222876
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 3:27 pm #16

I. Has. Spoke.
I think they're ugly, are no replacement for a 382, and have no place on a Panerai forum.

Max / Seattle

mrpanerai
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 3:47 pm #17

I. Has. Spoke.
that when you take a watch like the 382 and make it
so limited that the average person with means to get one
can't these things spring up. Helson is also smart for
taking advantage of the market created by OP.

submersible.dk
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 4:31 pm #18

Please help!
because when the watch gets patina it does not look good that the hands not longer have the same color............

[/IMG]

Torben/Denmark "Mr. submersible and the "logo" master!

dan993
Paneristi
dan993
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 5:05 pm #19

I. Has. Spoke.
I own several PAMs including a Bronzo. I learned of Helson on this forum, ended up buying one. I like it. But beyond this connection, and perhaps many that own PAM and Helson, not much to do with what is discussed here.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 24th, 2012, 5:13 pm #20

that when you take a watch like the 382 and make it
so limited that the average person with means to get one
can't these things spring up. Helson is also smart for
taking advantage of the market created by OP.

Helson hasn't even made close to 1000 bronze sharkdivers, they make them in runs of 50 or 100 and they've done like 4 runs. Panerai has always had a certain exclusivity, honestly 1000 watches is a good amount. People are buying the Helson's because they are good watches and are inexpensive, simple as that. There is no comparing the 2, the Helson is a small fraction of the cost.

I think they are cool brand, and from what I've seen make great watches for the price, which I guess is easy when you just use other brands original designs and slap your name on it.

There does seem to be a Helson fever here on the forum, I recognize it but it doesn't really bother me, but I could see how it could bother others.

The answer the original question, I prefer the brown dial and I think I also prefer it with the bezel insert