OT ** Buben & Zorweg Timemover Carbon Vantage 4 Watch Winder Review

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT ** Buben & Zorweg Timemover Carbon Vantage 4 Watch Winder Review

jordan_n
Paneristi
jordan_n
Paneristi

June 8th, 2012, 6:59 am #1

Good morning (for those in GMT timezone) thought Ill do a quick take on my new gadget that I just received from Germany. Its my first review but I couldn't find many reviews on this winder so I thought it may be a useful guide for anyone contemplating getting one.

Now I know that there are 2 major school of thought regarding watch winders, first being that its a pointless waste of time and useless which is completely valid to be honest. The other major school or "justification" in getting one is that it will wind the watch continuously, meaning it will prevent the oil drying up, and keep the watch always ready to wear I fall into the 2nd school of thought, but to be honest, I just wanted a cool looking gadget to display some of my watches.

So the model I got was the Time Mover Carbon Vantage 4 which has the carbon inserts and looks awesome. So below is my quick review:

Packaging: 10/10

Obviously for an item of this calibre and price, you would expect it to be packaged superbly and it is.

[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

It comes in a nice Black Box and apart from the actual units, it comes with a pair of gloves, YES a pair of gloves, manuals, guarantee cards (just like you get with a watch), and an AC adaptor.

No real complaints in this regard.

Build Quality: 9/10

[/img]
[/img]

It has a very high gloss lacquer finish, apparently 10 layers and this particular model comes with a carbon inlay. The inside is lined in super smooth velour black. It operates either by the AC mains OR via 4 size D batteries. The motor is extremely quiet, if you open the lid, you can hear it if you put your ears close to it, but if you close it, its pretty much silent. Very smooth movement of the winding. Now I took a point off because maybe this was an ex-display model, there was some dust inside which I cleaned but no biggie, but it didn't feel MINTY MINT if you know what i mean.

Functionality: 8/10

Well I can't put it any more simply, it just winds your watches. However there are 3 modes you can use, SPEED, SLEEP, AUTO. Speed, as its names suggest allows you to wind your watch quickly, it will rotate your watch continuously for 1 hour. You can set the rotations quite precisely, so you have different settings. IF you wanna know the actual rotations, its 900 revolutions per day/38 per hour, 650/27, 1800/75, are the options you can choose. Sleep mode allows you to have a gap of up to 16 hours to make sure the main springs are protected and releases tension. So you can set up a time which the winder follows. So you can wind your watch while you sleep, but it will also sleep too. I took off 2 marks as you cannot set the winders separately. I.e. it goes in blocks of 4, so if you get the 4 watch box, you have 1 setting for the entire case. If you had 8, you can have 2 separate settings, vice versa. It would have been to be able to control each watch separately, but maybe thats asking for too much!

I hope it wasn't too boring and apologies for the really poor photos, I really lack talent and any knowledge in that area Hope it was useful for someone looking for a winder but please ask any questions, and hopefully I can answer them!
Last edited by FrankV1 on June 8th, 2012, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

June 8th, 2012, 1:00 pm #2

great battery life and flawless after nearly two years.