One of the last bits of advice given to me my our friend Bob.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

One of the last bits of advice given to me my our friend Bob.....

covactanks
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 12:50 pm #1

finishing one of his lasts emails to me .........so poignant now ....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't be such a stranger my friend. I know you are busy but drop a note to a mate now and then.

Cheers
Uncle Bob"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I learnt a lot from Bob about all the important things in life (not watches)

Just to let you know Bob(cos I know you're up there in your favourite bloody cowboy boots nodding your head)...I WILL be taking that last bit of advice you gave to me in 2010

RIPBBQ

"I'll be the one to show you the way
You'll be the one to always complain "
Kings Of Leon

"I also realized that I don't have to own a watch to appreciate it and I came to understand that to me, watches only represent one facet of a life well lived. Plus I spend less time obsessing over what is next. I found watches not only tell time, they steal it if you let them "
Bernie Urban

robNY
Paneristi
robNY
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 1:10 pm #2

thanks for sharing this Adrian.

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 2:51 pm #3

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't be such a stranger my friend. I know you are busy but drop a note to a mate now and then.

Cheers
Uncle Bob"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just to let you know Bob(cos I know you're up there in your favourite bloody cowboy boots nodding your head)...I WILL be taking that last bit of advice you gave to me in 2010

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

"I also realized that I don't have to own a watch to appreciate it and I came to understand that to me, watches only represent one facet of a life well lived. Plus I spend less time obsessing over what is next. I found watches not only tell time, they steal it if you let them "
Bernie Urban

It's very much appreciated..

I can't get no, I can't get no.

time4me
Paneristi
time4me
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 2:54 pm #4

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

Bob's note to you is so simple, yet so important. I should know, as I've been on the worst offender list for keeping in touch.

I had an opportunity a couple of weeks ago to attend an AD's Panerai Event which I knew a bunch of local 'ristis would be attending, including Bob. I got busy with the usual bullcrap, and the weather wasn't so great, and I decided to not make the 90 minute drive to the event to see my friends. A decision I'll now regret forever.

Jim (time4me)

eddieng
Paneristi
eddieng
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 3:11 pm #5

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

ReTTo11
Paneristi
ReTTo11
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 3:48 pm #6

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

nt

ReTTo
Chicago

CraigInCO
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 4:25 pm #7

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

Colorado, USA

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 5:51 pm #8

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

dlee888
Paneristi
dlee888
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 6:28 pm #9

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

Thanks for sharing Ade.

Panerai...
"It's like children. You can't understand until you've had one."

RUpanerai
Paneristi

December 28th, 2009, 8:01 pm #10

Cheers
Uncle Bob"

RIPBBQ

Kings Of Leon

Bernie Urban

That has become more of a Paneristi slogan lately...

Time does not have the same appeal for everyone - W.S.