Oh no...372 broke already!!!!!????

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Oh no...372 broke already!!!!!????

sccchiii
New User
sccchiii
New User

February 5th, 2012, 1:19 am #1

I just took delivery from my AD of my 372 after a year long wait and this afternoon the minute hand just fell off and is rolling around inside the plexi???? I only had a chance to wear it twice, and never dropped it or did anything that should come close to causing this. This is my 6th panerai watch and I have never had a problem? I just can't believe that I now will have to give up my watch and have it sent off to be repaired? I guess I should have waited until there was more of a production run to iron out all the kinks. Since no one has posted any issues with this watch I must have the only one, which I guess is a good thing

shafikzaman
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 1:30 am #2

Hope the watch comes back to you soon!

watchdoc1
New User
watchdoc1
New User

February 5th, 2012, 1:35 am #3

I just took delivery from my AD of my 372 after a year long wait and this afternoon the minute hand just fell off and is rolling around inside the plexi???? I only had a chance to wear it twice, and never dropped it or did anything that should come close to causing this. This is my 6th panerai watch and I have never had a problem? I just can't believe that I now will have to give up my watch and have it sent off to be repaired? I guess I should have waited until there was more of a production run to iron out all the kinks. Since no one has posted any issues with this watch I must have the only one, which I guess is a good thing

I've been waiting a year and a half for my PAM 338. I hope they have the kinks out of that before I get it. Supposed to be this month, but I've heard that before from the AD also.

watchdoc1
New User
watchdoc1
New User

February 5th, 2012, 1:47 am #4

I've been waiting a year and a half for my PAM 338. I hope they have the kinks out of that before I get it. Supposed to be this month, but I've heard that before from the AD also.

no03330
Paneristi
no03330
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 1:57 am #5

Would assume a drop during shipping would have damaged the wood box, any other drop prior to you taking delivery would reflect in the case being damaged. Not something one expects from a 10k watch. Not something one expects from any product.

Lets hope that is a very isolated issue.

stingerstingray
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 2:13 am #6

anytime for mine to arrive.

Pam382 'Bronzo'; (Pam112 & Rolex GMT MasterII - gone); (Pam372 - on its way)

prevanderthal
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 2:14 am #7

"True love is bliss, but only if the person is deserving"

fullcourt1
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 4:45 am #8

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

bgriggs32
Paneristi
bgriggs32
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 5:22 am #9

Both purchased from the same boutique in the US.

First one had a nice scratch on the side of the case. To make it worse, someone tried to polish it out. This left a very interesting wavy line on the case. Sent it back immediately.

The boutique sent me a replacement, at there expense. Number two looked great, except the letter W in Swiss was filled in with extra paint. I almost excepted this one, but decided it was unacceptable for this price range.

With all that said, I am waiting for delivery of number 3.

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 5:41 am #10

I mean, for the first watch, how can it passed QC? For the second, that's detailed error, although it should NOT pass QC, but i can understand if it does because it's very detailed, but for the first one, I can't seem to get it, how can it pass QC? A BNIB box already been polished??

HammerHammer
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 5:51 am #11

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

J_Dubbs
Paneristi
J_Dubbs
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 6:14 am #12

good thing you bought from AD...

Hate to ask, but can you post pics? Curious to see it.

NSCAROLA
Paneristi
NSCAROLA
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 8:42 am #13

I imagine your destruct to say the least,man I would have been so pissed off.hope everything gets fixed fast for you.

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 9:33 am #14

Yes,it can happen.

If you know the Patek 5960 ... the very first had an issue with the second hand (chronograph function). That hand was a bit too heavy and when you resetted the chrono to the 'zero' position the second hand and minute hand scratched each other.

After resetting several times, scrates became visible. It took some time before they knew what caused these scratches but finnaly they discovered it was the second hand. They replaced the second hand with a lighter one and the problem was solved.

Maybe there is a little problem with the minute hand of the 372 ( not fixed very well ) ?

Don't worry if this is the case they will find a solution and your warranty will cover it.
These things happen all the time .... Name me one car brand which didn't recall a few thousand cars with some problem
As long as they fix it, it's ok

Some will think by now .... 'What are you talking about, this is an isolated problem'
Well, I was a bit surprised to read this post because I thought I had seen the 'isolated problem' a few weeks ago. But Chris his story is the second one...

So hey, don't worry. IF this would be a problem they'll solve it

panerai4life
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 10:34 am #15

hope it gets back to normal soooooon!

"Time flies when you are ALIVE"
Greetings from the Land of Smiles...

jibuti
Paneristi
jibuti
Paneristi

February 5th, 2012, 2:31 pm #16

"it is only water in stranger s tear"

Nicekettle
Paneristi
Nicekettle
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 3:01 pm #17

I just got the call ( NY Boutique) so hopefully your wait will be over soon.I already managed to get one and love it.