Newbie thoughts and first post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Newbie thoughts and first post

cavalino7
New User
cavalino7
New User

May 5th, 2012, 2:36 am #1

This Panerai obsession is starting to get the better of me. I'm on this site daily and I love reading all the insights and suggestions. Just when I think I've settled on a model something new catches my eye. Panerai's should be illegal because I just can't seem to get enough of this fix and this forum is my dealer...
The 372 would be my ideal choice. It says everything about the classic Panerai with a new age twist. Unfortunately out of my budget. I am now debating between the PAM111 and the 312 and am leaning towards the 111 with sandwich dial. The final step for me is to actually try them on and I hope to be posting soon in the collectors market with a WTB.
Happy to be part of this community and hopefully a full fledged carrying member soon!

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 3:05 am #2

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:08 am #3

This Panerai obsession is starting to get the better of me. I'm on this site daily and I love reading all the insights and suggestions. Just when I think I've settled on a model something new catches my eye. Panerai's should be illegal because I just can't seem to get enough of this fix and this forum is my dealer...
The 372 would be my ideal choice. It says everything about the classic Panerai with a new age twist. Unfortunately out of my budget. I am now debating between the PAM111 and the 312 and am leaning towards the 111 with sandwich dial. The final step for me is to actually try them on and I hope to be posting soon in the collectors market with a WTB.
Happy to be part of this community and hopefully a full fledged carrying member soon!
u can consider a 390 as it is a SE and price will b much lower compare a 372. very simple based dial. if not a 390 then u can choose the very based dial which is 000. the best model which alot risti will recommend for a start.

Zero is the Hero

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:33 am #4

Gotta agree with the suggestion for the 000. I started with the 320 and the more I learn from everyone here at P.com, the more I want one!

Like you say, you'll never know til you try them on. Best of luck with the choice!

J_Dubbs
Paneristi
J_Dubbs
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 4:08 pm #5

all the ones suggested are nice choices, personally I went with the 112 and it's still my favorite. The sandwich dial and display back are nice, if the 390 was an option back when I bought mine I would have considered it, that's a really cool SE and the price is within the same range as the 000 and 112. In the end you'll know which one you like the best, good luck on the hunt!