New Member and First Post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

New Member and First Post

EngenZerO
New User
EngenZerO
New User

May 5th, 2012, 4:56 pm #1

Hello, this is my first post!

I've been a lurker for the past few months - taking in as much PAM information as I could.

My fiancee gave me the OK to research and choose a new watch as a wedding gift that she would end up giving me on my wedding day. I narrowed it down between a Panerai 111 or 312 or a Rolex Sub-C.

I've always lusted after a Historic PAM, more specifically I wanted to feel that bond each morning between man and machine when one manually winds a timepiece.

Well I finally joined the club. On April 28th, 2012 my Fiancee became my Wife and presented me with my new timepiece.

She procured the watch from the NYC Boutique, along with a assolutamente strap, and some goodies!

The watch already has some character from posing during our wedding pictures (her wedding gown had many crystals and I must of rubbed it against the 7 O'clock lug), but as always... It's now officially mine. I'm actually leaning on making this my first timepiece I will never get polished. I love how the PAM(s) age with patina.

So, just wanted to explain my story and provide a picture from today after my first strap change! Used some scotch tape, patience, and the counter-clockwise turn before clockwise tightening (which led to zero scratches).

Thanks for reading, :D

-Ozzie

[/IMG]

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 5:13 pm #2

On the wedding and on getting your first Panerai - wear it in the best of health.

GUSH

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 6:10 pm #3

I've been a lurker for the past few months - taking in as much PAM information as I could.

My fiancee gave me the OK to research and choose a new watch as a wedding gift that she would end up giving me on my wedding day. I narrowed it down between a Panerai 111 or 312 or a Rolex Sub-C.

I've always lusted after a Historic PAM, more specifically I wanted to feel that bond each morning between man and machine when one manually winds a timepiece.

Well I finally joined the club. On April 28th, 2012 my Fiancee became my Wife and presented me with my new timepiece.

She procured the watch from the NYC Boutique, along with a assolutamente strap, and some goodies!

The watch already has some character from posing during our wedding pictures (her wedding gown had many crystals and I must of rubbed it against the 7 O'clock lug), but as always... It's now officially mine. I'm actually leaning on making this my first timepiece I will never get polished. I love how the PAM(s) age with patina.

So, just wanted to explain my story and provide a picture from today after my first strap change! Used some scotch tape, patience, and the counter-clockwise turn before clockwise tightening (which led to zero scratches).

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
What an amazing memory you'll have of your first PAM and the way it became yours. Very cool my friend!

- Peter

- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

ERSanchez
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 6:29 pm #4

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Pretty cool to have your first PAM tied in with one of the most important day of your life!

Without knowing either one of you two, I would say your new wife is pretty cool!!

Cheers!!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

steveroadking
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 7:03 pm #5

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
All the best to you and your wife, wear your new PAM in the best life has to offer...A great bunch here, so welcome home:)

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve (steveroadking)

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

CPDay
Paneristi
CPDay
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 7:14 pm #6

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Welcome, congratulations and wear in good health m8.......nt

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 8:25 pm #7

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

kirby_iv
Paneristi
kirby_iv
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm #8

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Welcome and Great choice and combo!

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 9:23 pm #9

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Night View
Il Duomo Firenze

RMRPR
Paneristi
RMRPR
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 11:09 pm #10

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Congratulations Ozzie and welcome aboard !!! (nt)

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 12:39 am #11

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
congratz on your marriage and welcome to the risti club

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 12:47 am #12

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Great stuff!

Jay1976
Paneristi
Jay1976
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 12:50 am #13

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Jay

TRISTAN29
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 1:58 am #14

-Ozzie

[/IMG]

shmeedr
Paneristi
shmeedr
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 3:07 am #15

-Ozzie

[/IMG]

My Grails.

Avi: "Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?"
Bullet Tooth Tony: "You can call me Susan if it makes you happy." Snatch

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Pam 005 N Series (Gone)
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610

KerwinL
Paneristi
KerwinL
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 6:44 am #16

-Ozzie

[/IMG]

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 6:51 am #17

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
mad!

Congratulations and Welcome to the Madness! Enjoy!

winrad
Paneristi
winrad
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 10:39 am #18

-Ozzie

[/IMG]
Thumbs up, great choice.

Win

DU P-Day 2011: If you were not there, you were not there.

HammerHammer
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 11:38 am #19

-Ozzie

[/IMG]

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 12:00 pm #20

-Ozzie

[/IMG]