New guy: PAM000, PAM005 or PAM390?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

New guy: PAM000, PAM005 or PAM390?

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 9th, 2012, 10:32 am #1

Hello everyone, I have finally made a decision to join the magnificent Panerai group. However, making a decision to purchase wasn't the hard part but making the decision which to purchase. My preferences are always hard case and sausage dial. I came across a PAM000 at the beginning, and I was so sure about it but too stupid to make a reservation...somebody bought it hour ago before I arrive

So I left a PAM005 (from a local dealer) and a newly discovered PAM390 (sorry, i am total noob and i was not aware of it :P). I would really appreciate if you could share some of your opinions on whether the PAM390 is for a new guy or i should stick to the PAM005...Many thanks!

P/S: if you have any of these for sale, please do not hesitate to propose

utah320
Paneristi
utah320
Paneristi

April 9th, 2012, 10:54 am #2

390 if you can get one,for value and beauty.

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 9th, 2012, 11:54 am #3

I've been struggling about deciding...PAM390 indeed is a very nice watch, PAM005 will allow me everyday use in a rugged way....while PAM390 is more a collectible item...hhmmm.....

utah320
Paneristi
utah320
Paneristi

April 9th, 2012, 12:23 pm #4

More or less you know the answer then..

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 9th, 2012, 1:28 pm #5

Nonetheless, many thanks for the comments, i am leaning more towards 005

mokster
Paneristi
mokster
Paneristi

April 9th, 2012, 1:38 pm #6

if you can get the 390 on list price. I'll gladly take it off your hands!

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

April 9th, 2012, 1:47 pm #7

Hello everyone, I have finally made a decision to join the magnificent Panerai group. However, making a decision to purchase wasn't the hard part but making the decision which to purchase. My preferences are always hard case and sausage dial. I came across a PAM000 at the beginning, and I was so sure about it but too stupid to make a reservation...somebody bought it hour ago before I arrive

So I left a PAM005 (from a local dealer) and a newly discovered PAM390 (sorry, i am total noob and i was not aware of it :P). I would really appreciate if you could share some of your opinions on whether the PAM390 is for a new guy or i should stick to the PAM005...Many thanks!

go with 390 if you afford it

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 9th, 2012, 1:55 pm #8

if you can get the 390 on list price. I'll gladly take it off your hands!
I am not sure about what the list price is......I could get it for about $6800....

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 9th, 2012, 2:04 pm #9

I can afford it, the watch looks so beautiful and classy....i am not sure whether i would actually wear it..... :P

Phumanchu
Paneristi

April 9th, 2012, 2:49 pm #10

Love the fiver.....

but love the 390 more - get involved with some gold hands - no brainer for me.

Good luck with your decision!

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 9th, 2012, 3:40 pm #11

WOW!!! Many thanks for the pictures Phuman!
They both look SUPER!!! After seeing your picture with 390, now i am back to square one, LOL!
OK.......i will make a decision tonight and make a purchase tomorrow! Thats what I am going to do, I have to be strong :P

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 2:22 am #12

good luck

LGraye
New User
LGraye
New User

April 10th, 2012, 12:19 pm #13

Thanks so much for all the opinions and suggestions! I've finally made a decision, stormed to the AD and walked out with a............ta taaaaaa.....PAM005!!!

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 1:19 am #14

nt