My Richemont experience (Australia)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

My Richemont experience (Australia)

ryanluo23
Paneristi
ryanluo23
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 1:57 am #1

Ladies and Gents

Just thought I'll share my experience with you guys - theres only one service centre in Australia and thats in Sydney but however since I'm based in Victoria things are little tricky in getting my sisters 210 fixed which was UNDER warranty.

I first went to an AD (HourG****) and was told that i needed to cough up 350AUD for admin n service fee! wtf right!!! esp when they have previously quoted me 100AUD for sending another watch up there for a service...

anyway not happy that i needed to pay since its under warranty i got a friend who travelled up to sydney for work take it to their service centre for me! and few weeks passed...i got an email saying that the watch is ready but this time richemont can actually sent the watch directly to my home! woohoo!!

the poor service I've gotten from hours**** has left a sour taste in my mouth thus when I purchased my JLC recently i went straight into their rivals (Mona***) =) who had exceptional customer service and a much lower price

Ry

dannyjak
Paneristi
dannyjak
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:35 am #2

Have had some poor experiences with the sales team there in the Sydney store
Of all the people I have dealt with, only one guy was very nice

Richemont in Sydney have been very good, havent had any negative experiences with them before.
They will go out of their way for their customers.

mirador
Paneristi
mirador
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 4:55 am #3

Ladies and Gents

Just thought I'll share my experience with you guys - theres only one service centre in Australia and thats in Sydney but however since I'm based in Victoria things are little tricky in getting my sisters 210 fixed which was UNDER warranty.

I first went to an AD (HourG****) and was told that i needed to cough up 350AUD for admin n service fee! wtf right!!! esp when they have previously quoted me 100AUD for sending another watch up there for a service...

anyway not happy that i needed to pay since its under warranty i got a friend who travelled up to sydney for work take it to their service centre for me! and few weeks passed...i got an email saying that the watch is ready but this time richemont can actually sent the watch directly to my home! woohoo!!

the poor service I've gotten from hours**** has left a sour taste in my mouth thus when I purchased my JLC recently i went straight into their rivals (Mona***) =) who had exceptional customer service and a much lower price

Ry
This AD has had watches 'disappear' in their network so are now insisting on Binks as their preferred 'courier' at $350 a pop - however, it's not an AD charge, it's Binks

It's anyone's guess why they quoted $100 for a different watch, perhaps it's face value is not as high as a Panerai.

Anyway, for the price of a budget airline ticket I would make a day trip

Serva Tempa

ryanluo23
Paneristi
ryanluo23
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 4:58 am #4

i rang and enquired abt servicing my 190 and they quoted me 100 bucks

then when i rang to enquire about warranty work its 350!

and best of all its the same guy that answered lol!

i wonder if Jo knows?

=)

kekes7
Paneristi
kekes7
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:12 am #5

Ladies and Gents

Ry
i have had nothing but praise for HG both in sydney and Gold Coast.

And Richemont are awesome as well.

Shame you felt you had a bad time there with the shipping. MAybe calling richemont direct would has offered an alternative shipping cost?

Monar*** are great too, have bought from there as well.

one thing i am confused with? does HG stock JLC in melbourne? in sydney they dont?

ryanluo23
Paneristi
ryanluo23
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 6:28 am #6

apart from their rolex n PP at the back

rybst
Paneristi
rybst
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:21 am #7

Ladies and Gents

Ry
I haven't had issues with servicing my Pams yet...touch wood.
But i have had encounters of the bad kind with the AD in melbourne. So i have given my business to the Sydney based AD. And their service has been incredible!
And they sell JLCs too!

em227
Paneristi
em227
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:01 am #8

Ladies and Gents

Ry
I've had the Gold Coast HG ask me for a payment to send a watch to Richemont as well, don't remember the cost but this one was a Cartier. Was advised it was for freight costs.

I've found the GC store to be quite accommodating and would certainly purchase from them again.

Haven't had to service my Panerai yet but my expectations are quite low (from what I've read on this board) so I don't expect to be too disappointed .

radionic
Paneristi
radionic
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:25 am #9

Ladies and Gents

Ry
They have been great to me. Very quick in their work too.

I'm also melbourne based - but dealt directly with the service centre. The last time i sent Sydney a watch, I simply insured a package with Oz Post (approx $60) and Richemont posted it back to me. I was concerned that the movement was loose and requested a service. They phoned me within a few days, said that the watch was perfect and running perfect time. They returned the watch with no charge. I'd call that first class customer service.

I gotta admit though, I'd royally arc-up if I was quoted $350 to do thru an AD...

cheers

amanda_melb
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 11:50 am #10

Ladies and Gents

Ry
via HG in Melbourne. I never paid a cent to have it couriered to Richemont in Sydney. So this sounds very strange to me. I had it back to me within 2 weeks.

Also Mon****.. arent all they appear to be. They import watches via the grey market and on sell them in their store. They have also been known to sell used Rolex as brand new, until they lost their dealer title with Rolex. So I'd be checking any watches bought at Mon... serial number with the relevant Australian brand to insure it's an Aus delivered piece. This is a very well known fact amongst people in the watch business in Melbourne. They might have cleaned up their act a bit but I wouldn't trust them.

You are best to build a relationship with WOS, they are superb in there! Reiko and Rob are great to deal with. They sell Panerai in WA, they may be able to ship them over here too. Just in case you are planning another purchase

BIGPOCKETS
Paneristi
BIGPOCKETS
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 11:56 am #11

Ladies and Gents

Ry
If only M****** had PANERAI! We can only hope maybe one day.
As a friend who worked at the AD you mentioned once said to me.
"You go to HG for the shopping experience but go to M****** for the price"

kekes7
Paneristi
kekes7
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 12:43 pm #12

i was pleasantly suprised with how competitive HG can be.

they beat any other AD in Sydney and Melbourne as well as the "bnib" grey market sources for my last 2 purchases.

vannjam
Paneristi
vannjam
Paneristi

June 15th, 2012, 2:03 am #13

Ladies and Gents

Ry

dreamer18
Paneristi
dreamer18
Paneristi

June 17th, 2012, 5:36 am #14

Ladies and Gents

Ry
I am a customer and not associated with HG in anyway. I spoke to the assistant Boutique Manager. If your watch is still under warranty and purchased from HG, HG will send watch to Richemont and bear the cost of sending via expensive Brinks ( 3 armed guards and a truck is involved door to door service ) and if watch goes missing it is fully covered .Cost to you nil.

If watch is out of warranty or not purchased from HG ( even if still under warranty ) , HG will charge for the Brinks security service mentioned above. You have the choice of sending your watch to Richemont yourself using cheaper less secure methods.

I thought I let everyone know .

Cheers,dreamer