My last day wearing a Panerai

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

My last day wearing a Panerai

bawstin45
Paneristi
bawstin45
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 3:17 am #1

Well at least for awhile, I am heading off to the police academy. Where we ARE NOT ALLOWED to wear watches! Not that I'd wear a Panerai there but I will feel naked without a watch. Luckily the academy is Monday-Friday so I can snap on my Pams on the weekends. Best wishes to everyone here as I may be off the grid for awhile.-MIKE

CGSshorty
Paneristi
CGSshorty
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 3:50 am #2

When I went through the academy 18 years ago we were required to wear a watch. I certainly didn't wear anything nice but for the life of me I can't remember what it actually was. Fossil maybe?
Pay attention and keep your mouth shut and you will do just fine.

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 4:04 am #3

Well at least for awhile, I am heading off to the police academy. Where we ARE NOT ALLOWED to wear watches! Not that I'd wear a Panerai there but I will feel naked without a watch. Luckily the academy is Monday-Friday so I can snap on my Pams on the weekends. Best wishes to everyone here as I may be off the grid for awhile.-MIKE
M-F w/o a PAM - won't be easy, but will make the weekends all the more special!

E

cpdstick
Paneristi
cpdstick
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 5:09 am #4

Hit me up if u need advice...been there done that five yrs ago!

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 5:18 am #5

sgristialex
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 6:03 am #6

panerai4life
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 9:30 am #7

"Passion is something way beyond any explanation or imagination"

nachifisio23
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 11:51 am #8

steveroadking
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 1:45 pm #9

Learn well, stay safe.

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve (steveroadking)

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

fullcourt1
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 1:47 pm #10

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

RMRPR
Paneristi
RMRPR
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 1:57 pm #11

All the best in your trainIng , Mike . (nt)

R1200GSA
Paneristi
R1200GSA
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 7:53 pm #12

Mike.......thanks for choosing a Law Enforcement Career. This Country needs well qualified and dedicated men & women to walk the "thin-blue-line".

Both my wife & I did 30 years with the Seattle Police Dept. It was a different game in 1967 when I went through our Academy and hit the streets. Things were a little more modern when I went through Homicide School at the National FBI Academy in Quantico.

Enjoy the ride........

Mike T
Camano Island, WA

vannjam
Paneristi
vannjam
Paneristi

July 15th, 2012, 9:25 pm #13

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 9:41 pm #14

nt

Montreal, Canada

CGSshorty
Paneristi
CGSshorty
Paneristi

July 17th, 2012, 6:34 am #15

email sent Mike nt

bawstin45
Paneristi
bawstin45
Paneristi

July 18th, 2012, 12:25 am #16

Been an exhausting 2 days so far but itll get better every day-MIKE

ToddTracy
Paneristi
ToddTracy
Paneristi

July 21st, 2012, 4:42 am #17

Maryland SP is 6 months and it's 7 days a week (they can earn weekends off after some time!). I'm not in the MSP but I'm a state Correctional Lt. Been there 17 years in the 'big house' and have 22 years towards retirement with my 5 yrs USMC. Wouldn't consider any other job love it! I wear nice watches to work and they hardly ever get noticed. I get the old "Are you going blind that's a huge watch." Occasional an inmate will say "Nice watch Lt.". If they get damaged at work the most they will reimberse is $50 so you got to be careful!