Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Meet-A-Risti - Peter Fruehling

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 6:59 pm #1

<h2>Thank you, Stratos!!! It was great getting to know you, M8!

Our community has changed my life in so many ways that it's hard to find a starting point. I'll try and come up with a few unique tidbits that you haven't seen on the pages of Paneristi in the past without violating the Paneristi GTG Bunkmate Confidentiality Clause. You guys know who you are...be worried!

On a personal note, my reason for walking this earth belongs to this woman. My wife Beth and I were married back in 2004 and it's been marital bliss, 364 days a year ever since. She has really enjoyed becoming part of the community and truly gets the mantra, "So much more than just a watch" as she attends GTG's and P-Days.

She's an amazing mom to our little daughter who turned 8 this year. I can't get enough of these two!

Some of you know that I do a little flying from time to time. Not professionally...just for fun. Our daughter seems to enjoy flying as much as I do.

Gary seems to fit in Teagan's seat just fine...glad you've got plenty of room back there, G!

Doesn't everyone altitude test the new watches they bring home?

Including the Hammer watch. This was somewhere over Colorado. Your machine passed with flying colors, Alan!

Another thing you may not know about me is that I was adopted when I was very young. My adoptive family here in Minnesota blessed me with an amazing support system that I cherish to this day. In 2000 I decided to search for my birth family and was saddened to learn that my birth father had passed away. However, I found my birth mother during the process!

The nuts and bolts of that 10 year journey are better suited for a GTG conversation but one of the later chapters is captured in this picture. I was able to bring my birth mother (second from the right) to Minnesota for a visit with my adoptive parents in 2010. This was a moment in my life that I'll never forget! We're all still very close today.

Finding your birth mother and taking her flying in a plane you built? That was a cool one to check off the list. Do we look alike? Love you, Su!

2010 was a big year. If it weren't enough that my two families came together, I was unknowingly adopted again. This time by a young Paneristi I met on p.com and had planned to meet for dinner when I was in town on business. Little did I know, he teed up an entire GTG and surprised me when I showed up. For those that know, Stephen Dumperth, you'll get this...and I'll never forget it!

You've got to be kidding. These Paneristi really are crazy.

...and a picture of Stephen the day we met back in 2010. Has it really been 8 years?!?

Evidently one GTG wasn't enough so Stephen decides we're going on the road together for my meetings in Pittsburgh. Suddenly I found myself in a hotel room with one bed and Stephen blocking the door. I'm not calling the front desk...I'm calling THE POLICE!

That night is a little blurry but the next day we met another fine gent from p.com for lunch and my first mini GTG. As Risti's do, Jim put all his cases on hold to connect with friends from P.com.

This is where it all really started. Jim and Stephen helped me understand what the Paneristi community was all about and nothing was EVER the same! You meet people like this at GTG's...

...not realizing that 8 years later, they will be some of your closest friends in the world. Watches? Sure, but we share so may other parts of our lives. Paneristi brought us together and I'm so thankful for that. Terri & Linford, you're the best!

Remember my comment about about the Paneristi GTG Bunkmate Confidentiality Clause? Another close friend I wouldn't have if it weren't for P.com. Paul, we know you need your beauty sleep.

Then you start buying watches. Jo from Vegas is a good friend more than a boutique employee today...this is the day we met. Dude, we look 10!

...and buying MORE watches!

...and attending more GTG's with more people from all over the globe.

...and from right where you live!

...and while you're on holiday! (WHAT UP 808 CREW!)

I have absolutely NO memory of taking these two pictures.

v

From famous people.... Can you please give us some space, Ron?

To infamous people....

To REALLY infamous people...

The group of amazing individuals I've been blessed to meet and get to know never seems to end.

Even the not so amazing people count in my book.

From getting stuck in an elevator with a Risti M8 and a bachelorette party...

To doing CrossFit in NYC with a fellow Risti...

To finding yourself in a scotch ad...

Life has just never been the same since I found Paneristi.com.

I look forward continuing our amazing story and adding chapters with many more of you in the months and years ahead. Thank you for being who you are and for making our community such an amazing place to be.

Taking time to reflect back on the impact you've had on my life was truly eye opening. I'm blessed to know each and every one of you. From my heart, thank you for taking the time and for being such an important part of my life.

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Last edited by Acro-Pilot on March 9th, 2018, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 7:28 pm #2

in a scotch ad lol

jo hasn’t aged one bit, you on the other hand....🤣

great story, tfs
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

roadkingsteve
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 7:42 pm #3

Our community has changed my life in so many ways that it's hard to find a starting point. I'll try and come up with a few unique tidbits that you haven't seen on the pages of Paneristi in the past without violating the Paneristi GTG Bunkmate Confidentiality Clause. You guys know who you are...be worried!

On a personal note, my reason for walking this earth belongs to this woman. My wife Beth and I were married back in 2004 and it's been marital bliss, 364 days a year ever since. She has really enjoyed becoming part of the community and truly gets the mantra, "So much more than just a watch" as she attends GTG's and P-Days.

She's an amazing mom to our little daughter who turned 8 this year. I can't get enough of these two!

Some of you know that I do a little flying from time to time. Not professionally...just for fun. Our daughter seems to enjoy flying as much as I do.

Gary seems to fit in Teagan's seat just fine...glad you've got plenty of room back there, G!

Including the Hammer watch. This was somewhere over Colorado. Your machine passed with flying colors, Alan!

Another thing you may not know about me is that I was adopted when I was very young. My adoptive family here in Minnesota blessed me with an amazing support system that I cherish to this day. In 2000 I decided to search for my birth family and was saddened to learn that my birth father had passed away. However, I found my birth mother during the process!

The nuts and bolts of that 10 year journey are better suited for a GTG conversation but one of the later chapters is captured in this picture. I was able to bring my birth mother (second from the right) to Minnesota for a visit with my adoptive parents in 2010. This was a moment in my life that I'll never forget! We're all still very close today.

Finding your birth mother and taking her flying in a plane you built? That was a cool one to check off the list. Do we look alike? Love you, Su!

2010 was a big year. If it weren't enough that my two families came together, I was unknowingly adopted again. This time by a young Paneristi I met on p.com and had planned to meet for dinner when I was in town on business. Little did I know, he teed up an entire GTG and surprised me when I showed up. For those that know, Stephen Dumperth, you'll get this...and I'll never forget it!

...and a picture of Stephen the day we met back in 2010. Has it really been 8 years?!?

Evidently one GTG wasn't enough so Stephen decides we're going on the road together for my meetings in Pittsburgh. Suddenly I found myself in a hotel room with one bed and Stephen blocking the door. I'm not calling the front desk...I'm calling THE POLICE!

That night is a little blurry but the next day we met another fine gent from p.com for lunch and my first mini GTG. As Risti's do, Jim put all his cases on hold to connect with friends from P.com.

This is where it all really started. Jim and Stephen helped me understand what the Paneristi community was all about and nothing was EVER the same! You meet people like this at GTG's...

...not realizing that 8 years later, they will be some of your closest friends in the world. Watches? Sure, but we share so may other parts of our lives. Paneristi brought us together and I'm so thankful for that. Terri & Linford, you're the best!

Remember my comment about about the Paneristi GTG Bunkmate Confidentiality Clause? Another close friend I wouldn't have if it weren't for P.com. Paul, we know you need your beauty sleep.

Then you start buying watches. Jo from Vegas is a good friend more than a boutique employee today...this is the day we met. Dude, we look 10!

v

To infamous people....

The group of amazing individuals I've been blessed to meet and get to know never seems to end.

I look forward continuing our amazing story and adding chapters with many more of you in the months and years ahead. Thank you for being who you are and for making our community such an amazing place to be.

Taking time to reflect back on the impact you've had on my life was truly eye opening. I'm blessed to know each and every one of you. From my heart, thank you for taking the time and for being such an important part of my life.

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
It’s people like you that make this place great!

AurelioS
Paneristi
AurelioS
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 7:42 pm #4

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
And nice to get to know you better

Ghess
Paneristi
Ghess
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 7:49 pm #5

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Speak for yourself! Lol
Hagen and I are very amazing
But so are you and this is a great post
We’re all lucky to know you.

Geoff

murphtyper
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 7:59 pm #6

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Love you bro!!

johnnienina
Paneristi
johnnienina
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 8:41 pm #7

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Awesome write up

Inspiring

tsunami2000
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 9:35 pm #8

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Great post. Than you for sharing, Peter.

hawaiiantimer
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 10:13 pm #9

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Much love,

G

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 10:25 pm #10

Speak for yourself! Lol
Hagen and I are very amazing
But so are you and this is a great post
We’re all lucky to know you.

Geoff
See you in the city this summer!
- Peter

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 10:27 pm #11

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Fantastic post Peter!
JB in Shaker

sdumperth
Paneristi

March 3rd, 2018, 11:51 pm #12

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
You’re still a politician, but I do love ya. 🤣

See you in June sucka!!!!!!!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

latoyii
Paneristi
latoyii
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 12:33 am #13

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Great article, Peter. A class production from one hell of classy guy. One of the best things I have ever done is get involved with this fine group of people. As I write this, you are some of the finest people we have ever met. T and I treasure and look forward to the times that we share together--Cleveland, Chicago, Montreal, Hong Kong, Minneapolis..., it goes on and on. We have friends from all over the world. No one would understand that is not Paneristi. This really is a group of the very finest people from all over the world. SO MUCH MORE THAN A WATCH. Community Up!!!--lt&tt

micah372
Paneristi
micah372
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 12:59 am #14

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Super cool brother, thanks! [nt]

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 1:53 am #15

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Great profile peter... love the memories.

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 2:00 am #16

c'mon, he's gotta have 1 bad day a year....8^)
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 3:12 am #17

...Beth may have a different number in her head. 🤔😊
- Peter

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 4:25 am #18

You thought you could skip that “364” past us.... nt

sassiekiwi
Paneristi
sassiekiwi
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 5:37 am #19

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
Peter

This was such a great post ... worth the wait! Full of heart ... full of joy ... It was great to see how much you have enjoyed the community of Paneristi ... community is indeed an amazing thing.

Thanks for the pics and sharing some of yourself. Like you, I am adopted and have met my birth mother ... also love Crossfit.

Again, thanks for the post. This was an excellent idea of Ralphs!

Have an awesome weekend.

S

Aeromat209
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 6:20 am #20

v

To infamous people....

- Peter Fruehling

</h2>
I enjoyed the Journey! It truly is "So much more than just a Watch!!!!

Cheers!