Meet a Risti #3

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Meet a Risti #3

StratosZ4
Paneristi
StratosZ4
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 9:55 am #1

1) Tell us a little about yourself

My name is Stratos and I am coming from Thessaloniki, Greece. I have completed my undergraduate and postgraduate studies in UK, before returning to Greece. Did my mandatory military service for 9 months and have been working since then. Along with my brother we are in detergents/industrial laundry business. Also, I have just established a start-up and I am really happy overall with what I do.
Moreover, if you happen to follow Paneristi Hellas in Instagram, I am that guy!

2) Tell us something about yourself that most people would be surprised by

My thing has always been cars and not watches. I write as a contributor in an automotive magazine, do some test/track-driving and I have a regular column where I write about supercars from the past. The second thing just might be the fact that I did not own any Panerai watch until May 2017.

3) What are the things you love to do?
I enjoy playing tennis, something I have been doing for a little over a year. Not that good just yet but I am trying hard to get better. Also, have been doing some leisure scuba diving during summertime while being in Greek islands.

4) How did you get interested in watches?

I was always into watches. My father was traveling frequently while I was a kid in many different countries for business purposes and I can remember that I was always expecting him to bring me either a digital watch or the football/soccer jersey of the team playing at that place he had visited.
I am not into collecting watches. I like to think of myself as one guy who is always has something nice/interesting on his wrist. My watch-forum presence started in 2012 and since then, I have owned several watches. I like to wear my watches and enjoy them 24/7.

5) How did you discover Panerai?

I discovered Panerai around 2006/2007 when I was graduating from high school and my parents informed me that they wanted to buy me a nice watch to mark the occasion. During my research I found Panerai but at the time there were only available in Athens and not being able to try one, I passed. For what it’s worth, I chose a Longines Master collection Moonphase which at age 17 seemed very cool! In the following years, I always had my eyes on watches and had all different kind of Rolex, Tudor and Ω models before deciding what I really like.
I got my first Panerai on May 2017, it was PAM590 and never looked back. I got my second which is PAM372, 10 days ago.

6) How did you find Paneristi?

As soon as I got into the forums, I discovered it. However did not follow it on a regular basis since the platform seemed a bit complex compared to what I was used to follow at the time. Paneristi Hellas was founded on September 2016 and I was one of the first members even though I did not own any Panerai at that point. The people running it, Spyros and Kostas, are really passionate and quickly I got stuck!

7) What is the favorite part of being a Paneristi?

I believe that the answer is obvious to all of us. We meet people who share the same passion and we make friends.
Having the chance to visit the Manufacture in Neuchatel was the highlight of 2017. Being there with my friends was a lifetime experience.

GTGs are a big part of being a Paneristi and it is a joy to meet with all those friends every now and then.
Actually the first GTG of Paneristi Hellas for 2018 is scheduled for this weekend in Athens and I am already excited for spending two days there with good friends.

8) So, what’s next?

I have my eyes on several Panerai watches which I would like to own in the future. I am not in a hurry to do so. I want to enjoy the process. My focus at the moment is in no other brands.
My grail references are PAM26b & PAM127 and I believe that I will have those at some point.

Also, I would like to participate in a PDay, get to know people from all over the world and share our passion. I know that it will be an amazing experience.

Needless to say that I am always available for a coffee, beer or dinner if anyone happens to visit Thessaloniki, Greece.

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Once a Paneristi, always a Paneristi

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 10:21 am #2

You’ll find a wide array of wonderful people throughout the world wide Paneristi community!

I look forward to shaking your hand some day.

P.S. I just followed you on Instagram 😉
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

Miki_Ryu
Paneristi
Miki_Ryu
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 1:20 pm #3

My name is Stratos and I am coming from Thessaloniki, Greece. I have completed my undergraduate and postgraduate studies in UK, before returning to Greece. Did my mandatory military service for 9 months and have been working since then. Along with my brother we are in detergents/industrial laundry business. Also, I have just established a start-up and I am really happy overall with what I do.

My thing has always been cars and not watches. I write as a contributor in an automotive magazine, do some test/track-driving and I have a regular column where I write about supercars from the past. The second thing just might be the fact that I did not own any Panerai watch until May 2017.

I enjoy playing tennis, something I have been doing for a little over a year. Not that good just yet but I am trying hard to get better. Also, have been doing some leisure scuba diving during summertime while being in Greek islands.

I was always into watches. My father was traveling frequently while I was a kid in many different countries for business purposes and I can remember that I was always expecting him to bring me either a digital watch or the football/soccer jersey of the team playing at that place he had visited.
I am not into collecting watches. I like to think of myself as one guy who is always has something nice/interesting on his wrist. My watch-forum presence started in 2012 and since then, I have owned several watches. I like to wear my watches and enjoy them 24/7.

I discovered Panerai around 2006/2007 when I was graduating from high school and my parents informed me that they wanted to buy me a nice watch to mark the occasion. During my research I found Panerai but at the time there were only available in Athens and not being able to try one, I passed. For what it’s worth, I chose a Longines Master collection Moonphase which at age 17 seemed very cool! In the following years, I always had my eyes on watches and had all different kind of Rolex, Tudor and Ω models before deciding what I really like.
I got my first Panerai on May 2017, it was PAM590 and never looked back. I got my second which is PAM372, 10 days ago.

As soon as I got into the forums, I discovered it. However did not follow it on a regular basis since the platform seemed a bit complex compared to what I was used to follow at the time. Paneristi Hellas was founded on September 2016 and I was one of the first members even though I did not own any Panerai at that point. The people running it, Spyros and Kostas, are really passionate and quickly I got stuck!

I believe that the answer is obvious to all of us. We meet people who share the same passion and we make friends.
Having the chance to visit the Manufacture in Neuchatel was the highlight of 2017. Being there with my friends was a lifetime experience.

GTGs are a big part of being a Paneristi and it is a joy to meet with all those friends every now and then.
Actually the first GTG of Paneristi Hellas for 2018 is scheduled for this weekend in Athens and I am already excited for spending two days there with good friends.

8) So, what’s next?

I have my eyes on several Panerai watches which I would like to own in the future. I am not in a hurry to do so. I want to enjoy the process. My focus at the moment is in no other brands.
My grail references are PAM26b & PAM127 and I believe that I will have those at some point.

Also, I would like to participate in a PDay, get to know people from all over the world and share our passion. I know that it will be an amazing experience.

Needless to say that I am always available for a coffee, beer or dinner if anyone happens to visit Thessaloniki, Greece.

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

I read your post about your trip to the Manufacture in Neuchatel. That's one for the book for any Risti.

Enjoyed reading your post and knowing bit more about yourself. Hope one day we will met up in a gtg or Pday.

Thank you for taking part after Ralph and myself and now...cant wait to #4.

Cheers.

tsunami2000
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 2:38 pm #4

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

The Greek community in Chicago is predominantly from three places: Thesaloniki, Kalamata and Patra. Do you have any relatives here?

roadkingsteve
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 3:00 pm #5

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

26b & 127 Excellent. Old school Panerai. Well done!!!
FYI
In 1972 hitchhiking throughout Europe I spent a short time in Thessaloniki.
Slept by the shore line as we made our way from Dubrovnik to Athens, then Ios/Thera before Thera had any hotels.
We camped over the mountain following the goat path to the bay on the other side of the little town above the port in Ios.
PS a giro was 3 Dracmas.
$5 a day was enough for drinks of Retsina and Ouzo all night at Yannys and a 3 meals a day.
1972. Stayed almost a month.
What memories 👍

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 3:28 pm #6

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Fantastic Share, Stratos!!! Great to meet you! nt
- Peter

So much more than a watch!

atzeboya
Paneristi
atzeboya
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 4:57 pm #7

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

thanks for sharing Stratos !

RistiBrian
Paneristi
RistiBrian
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 6:51 pm #8

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Looks like an exciting journey so far! Cheers!

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 7:36 pm #9

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

this is becoming such a nice treat each week.
Mike C, 312 NYC

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

February 7th, 2018, 10:47 pm #10

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Great to meet you like this. I sense a PDay option coming. Thanks for contributing. Nt

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

February 8th, 2018, 1:49 am #11

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Am envious of your trip to OP's Manufacture!
JB in Shaker

StratosZ4
Paneristi
StratosZ4
Paneristi

February 8th, 2018, 6:27 am #12

It is good to have options!
Would be great to have a PDay organised here!!
Once a Paneristi, always a Paneristi

atzeboya
Paneristi
atzeboya
Paneristi

February 8th, 2018, 8:00 am #13

it'd be lovely travelling to Greece

sassiekiwi
Paneristi
sassiekiwi
Paneristi

February 8th, 2018, 8:24 am #14

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

This really is a stellar idea! Thanks Ralph!

Nice to meet you Stratos ... i loved your line about wanting to enjoy the process ... I think that is so important ... the journey of discovery ... of salivating and dreaming ... and then making it happen! Awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace to you.

S

mr6t6
Paneristi
mr6t6
Paneristi

February 8th, 2018, 11:28 am #15

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Great to read you started with Panerai not too long ago and have blended in right away!

That is the great thing about this community!

Have a wonderful day!

petezapie
Paneristi
petezapie
Paneristi

February 8th, 2018, 8:55 pm #16

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Great to meet you Stratos, hope to see you at a GTG down the road. Thanks for sharing a bit of your story.

Peter

Aeromat209
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 5:20 pm #17

I read your post about your trip to the Manufacture in Neuchatel. That's one for the book for any Risti.

Enjoyed reading your post and knowing bit more about yourself. Hope one day we will met up in a gtg or Pday.

Thank you for taking part after Ralph and myself and now...cant wait to #4.

Cheers.
Keep up the Passion!!

tsunami2000
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 8:03 pm #18

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

I am really enjoying these posts.

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 12th, 2018, 2:24 am #19

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

Shut up and bring me some loukamadis 😜

Love the read and I always enjoyed your city I went once a year for @6-7 years thanks you for sharing this much of yourself 🙏🏻

I send love and best wishes from down under and not 4 anything - I want ena cafe parakalou (spelling is history talk better than type)

🇦🇺♿️👌🙏🏻👍🏻😜
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

February 12th, 2018, 3:52 am #20

8) So, what’s next?

Thank for reading this!

Looking forward to #4.

I might visit Greece one day. Cheerios from Singapore : )