Marina Militaire dial

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Marina Militaire dial

foodandvine
New User
foodandvine
New User

February 10th, 2012, 10:19 pm #1

Hello All,

I'm looking for some help from some of the experts in the forum.

I've recently purchased a pre-owned Panerai from a dealer that I have bought and sold a number of watches with over the years. This dealer does not "specialize" in Panerai so he was not sure of the actual model number. The trade he received did not include the box or papers.

This particular watch looks much like the PAM 36 (tobacco brown dial, Marina Militaire labelling and titanium case) however on the case it does not have the production numbers xxx/200 that I would have expected if it were in fact this watch.

My question out to the rest of you is - do any of you know of another Panerai that would have used the tobacco Marina Militaire dial or is it possible that this watch is in fact either a) a watch that has been serviced with this dial as a replacement or b) a fake.

I wouldn't normally purchase such a watch without papers or the box however I have done a number of deals with this dealer and have never had a problem.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

February 10th, 2012, 10:24 pm #2

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

February 10th, 2012, 10:38 pm #3

Hello All,

I've recently purchased a pre-owned Panerai from a dealer that I have bought and sold a number of watches with over the years. This dealer does not "specialize" in Panerai so he was not sure of the actual model number. The trade he received did not include the box or papers.

This particular watch looks much like the PAM 36 (tobacco brown dial, Marina Militaire labelling and titanium case) however on the case it does not have the production numbers xxx/200 that I would have expected if it were in fact this watch.

My question out to the rest of you is - do any of you know of another Panerai that would have used the tobacco Marina Militaire dial or is it possible that this watch is in fact either a) a watch that has been serviced with this dial as a replacement or b) a fake.

I wouldn't normally purchase such a watch without papers or the box however I have done a number of deals with this dealer and have never had a problem.

Definitely French.

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 1:40 am #4

Hello All,

maybe you're not aware of it, but 36 has millesimation on back of the case near lugs, not in the caseback . Pic's would help a lot as well

best

samrotandi
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 2:20 am #5

As you can see the number is on the bottom left lug in my photo

And here's the look of the dial

Hope it helps

Sam

hiroshikato1
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 2:53 am #6

Hello All,

This is useless without pictures. Years ago I spotted a fake 36 at a dealer. If it as no box or papers and no numbers, it is a fake. The 36 is the only modern day Panerai that uses the ETA movement with the angular portions. It is a 200 watch production run in a gigantic SE box, if it's too good to be true... I love these dealers who don't specialize in Panerai taking in watches they have no business reselling. But hey, people still find Shelby Cobras and Mercedes 300SL gull wings in barns someplace in the Mid West, right? Hiro

foodandvine
New User
foodandvine
New User

February 11th, 2012, 3:00 am #7

Hello All,

Sorry Gents as I should have put some pics up with my post. Here are a front and back. I don't have a high quality camera so please excuse them.

foodandvine
New User
foodandvine
New User

February 11th, 2012, 3:08 am #8

I'm a newbie here and trying to work out my kinks in adding pictures

foodandvine
New User
foodandvine
New User

February 11th, 2012, 3:09 am #9

Sorry Gents as I should have put some pics up with my post. Here are a front and back. I don't have a high quality camera so please excuse them.

sgbing
Paneristi
sgbing
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 3:17 am #10

L dial is suspicious .. n the font ..

-- --

-- --
jai guru deva om

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 3:46 am #11

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 3:50 am #12

L dial, tip of lever, wrong engravings, fake movmt.....geezzz

get money back asap

best luck

dcvelo
Paneristi
dcvelo
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 3:58 am #13

Hello All,

It has been talked about before, there are some L dials out in the wild.
Cheers!!

foodandvine
New User
foodandvine
New User

February 11th, 2012, 4:01 am #14

Bernie - thanks for the optimism but why is the production number missing? I.E - xx/200

foodandvine
New User
foodandvine
New User

February 11th, 2012, 4:02 am #15

Is there a way to verify through Panerai?

ravi76
Paneristi
ravi76
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 4:13 am #16

sorry

themarquisdesub
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 4:14 am #17

Bernie - thanks for the optimism but why is the production number missing? I.E - xx/200
Fakey McFake

OP would toss it in the trash brother, every last bit of it is faker than Santa Monica boobies

Dial should be tobacco yours is chocolate

Movement is fake with stamped stickered plate covers, panerai font is not wven correct

bad bad bad

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 4:17 am #18

This is one of those cheap fakes.

ERSanchez
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 4:37 am #19

...no need to verify with anyone else....it's fake. There isn't anything correct about that watch.

Get your money back!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

LDP06
Paneristi
LDP06
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 5:29 am #20

Did you notice the spelling of Panerai in the plexi case back in the gold lettering?
If you zoom in it says " Officine Paneri", I guess they forgot the second "a"...