Loads of dive photos - Kauai, my son, and the 307

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Loads of dive photos - Kauai, my son, and the 307

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 7:52 pm #1

My 10 year old son got open water scuba certified about a month ago in NorCal. Over the past two weeks, we dove the shores of Kauai, Hawaii. It was incredible watching my son experience life beneath the surface for the first time. It was also my first chance to use the Panerai depth gauge. As amazing as the 307 is on land, it is out of this world underwater. The gauge functioned perfectly and was extremely useful during our dives. As a junior certified diver, my son's depth limit is 40 feet. The bottom of many of the areas we dove were much deeper than that, so I had to constantly monitor our depth. Currents were ever present, so reaching back to my trailing dive computer would have been a hassle. It was so much easier to glance at my beautiful 307 for current depth and elapsed time. It was also cool to review our max depth at the tiki bar after our dive. We are already planning our next dives and my 307 will be with me every time I descend. On to some photos. . .

Here is my son setting up his gear at Koloa Landing. This is where Captain Cook first landed when he discovered the Hawaiian islands. The landing is full of things to see, including ancient actors and cannon balls.

His first descent into the big blue. His tank spanned his body from his neck to mid-thigh, still he was as graceful as a shark.

I hung out on the bottom, while he finished up the last of his open water skill certification on the anchor line.

Here is my son doing an open water compass exercise.

Just 5 minutes into the dive, just a tad over 7 meters agrees with the dive computer reading of 24 feet.

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

A pebble collecting urchin.

Look beyond the 307 and you'll notice a ton urchins depicted in the shot above.

My son, leading the way.

Swimming through caverns and tunnels.

A devil scorpion. I missed a shot of it swimming. It has bright yellow and red fins, very different from its rock-colored camo.

A lion fish.

Beautiful underwater caverns and tunnels (courage required).

A yellow trumpet fish.

An orange banded surgeonfish.

Love H20!

He made it! Gill from 'Finding Nemo' lives!!!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

My favorite Hawaiian fish - the humumunukunukuapu'a (the state fish).

Shaka baby! Thanks for looking!

Let me know what you think and if you have ever considered diving. . . by all means, give it a shot!

Kev.

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 8:03 pm #2

One more closing 307 signature shot!

Oh, and there were cool ancient 'anchors' not 'actors' at Koloa Landing. . . darn spell check! Lol.

Thanks for looking!

Kev.

RUpanerai
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 8:04 pm #3

My 10 year old son got open water scuba certified about a month ago in NorCal. Over the past two weeks, we dove the shores of Kauai, Hawaii. It was incredible watching my son experience life beneath the surface for the first time. It was also my first chance to use the Panerai depth gauge. As amazing as the 307 is on land, it is out of this world underwater. The gauge functioned perfectly and was extremely useful during our dives. As a junior certified diver, my son's depth limit is 40 feet. The bottom of many of the areas we dove were much deeper than that, so I had to constantly monitor our depth. Currents were ever present, so reaching back to my trailing dive computer would have been a hassle. It was so much easier to glance at my beautiful 307 for current depth and elapsed time. It was also cool to review our max depth at the tiki bar after our dive. We are already planning our next dives and my 307 will be with me every time I descend. On to some photos. . .

Here is my son setting up his gear at Koloa Landing. This is where Captain Cook first landed when he discovered the Hawaiian islands. The landing is full of things to see, including ancient actors and cannon balls.

His first descent into the big blue. His tank spanned his body from his neck to mid-thigh, still he was as graceful as a shark.

I hung out on the bottom, while he finished up the last of his open water skill certification on the anchor line.

Just 5 minutes into the dive, just a tad over 7 meters agrees with the dive computer reading of 24 feet.

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A devil scorpion. I missed a shot of it swimming. It has bright yellow and red fins, very different from its rock-colored camo.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Let me know what you think and if you have ever considered diving. . . by all means, give it a shot!

Kev.

Reminds me when I was younger... been Diving about 100 times, but not in the last 8 years or so.

Never got certified because I always had my own tank with me and they never asked... maybe something I should look into when I go to Hawaii next week.

Nice pics and thanks for sharing... now where is my underwater camera?!?!

cosmodog13
Paneristi
cosmodog13
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 8:25 pm #4

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Thanks for posting and congrats to your son!

Blake_P
Paneristi
Blake_P
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 8:38 pm #5

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Kauai is so beautiful on land, but sadly I must admit I've never seen it's beauty from that perspective until now! Congrats to your son and kudos to you for being such a proud papa to document the dive so wonderfully.

aboen
Paneristi
aboen
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 9:14 pm #6

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Andrew Boen
NoCal

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 10:02 pm #7

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

-luke

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:24 pm #8

Thanks for posting and congrats to your son!

aikiman44
Paneristi
aikiman44
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:26 pm #9

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Your son, diving in HI, the 307, the tiki bar..
Life at its best.

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:26 pm #10

Reminds me when I was younger... been Diving about 100 times, but not in the last 8 years or so.

Never got certified because I always had my own tank with me and they never asked... maybe something I should look into when I go to Hawaii next week.

Nice pics and thanks for sharing... now where is my underwater camera?!?!

Let me know of you need some Kauai tips. I used to live there, my parents still do.

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:28 pm #11

Andrew Boen
NoCal

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:29 pm #12

-luke

khaugh
Paneristi
khaugh
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:29 pm #13

Your son, diving in HI, the 307, the tiki bar..
Life at its best.

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

July 6th, 2012, 11:33 pm #14

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

H2Finally
Paneristi

July 7th, 2012, 12:52 am #15

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Looks like such a fun dive with your son m8te! Thanks for sharing! ))

abunai
Paneristi
abunai
Paneristi

July 7th, 2012, 1:19 am #16

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

kama'aina myself as i lived in oahu for 10 yrs. actually heading to oahu/kauai in august and definitely planning to blow some bubbles. shoot me an email with some of your preferred dive shops. you boy looks pretty streamline, just gotta clean up the dangling gauges/octo and you're all set. TFS!!

skipp231
Paneristi
skipp231
Paneristi

July 7th, 2012, 2:43 am #17

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

I look forward to the day when I can do stuff like that with my son
Congrats to the both of you on reaching this milestone!
- Ken

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

July 7th, 2012, 3:36 am #18

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing! :-)

nhattruyen
Paneristi
nhattruyen
Paneristi

July 7th, 2012, 3:42 am #19

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

Great post, luv the pictures! TFS. nt

AstorWilson
Paneristi

July 7th, 2012, 5:23 am #20

A spotted eagle ray.

Off he goes!

My son, leading the way.

A lion fish.

A yellow trumpet fish.

Love H20!

A moray eel.

My son chasing a turtle.

A spiny brittle star.

Kev.

great post!

Rusty
---------------