Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Left-Left

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm #1

#1 :http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... C+49+vs+50...

#2 : Pam 217 vs Pam 368

Three years after The Mother comes a new model in the family of the 47mm. Again a Luminor (although accompanied by the superlative 203 and a series of submersible) the Pam 217 is the first in destro 47mm, special edition and more she reads the ralely seen Marina Militare on its dial,
The 217 is more historically correct than its predecessor Mother 127 : thanks to its very historic font !

It will be joined six years later by a second destro, the Pam 368.

Destro, Luminor Marina 47mm and are the only points they have in common. SE of 1000 units is the last.
When the Pam 217 has all the attributes of a military watch with a look a little wild, the Pam 368 opts dressed, more ... polite.
Steel and black dial for the 217; Titanium, brown dial and in-house movement for the 368.

Views of the dials :

The both have a domed crystal . and golden hands.

The seconds hands is less near to the 3 on the 368 than on the 217

The font

Views of the cases :

Both have a brushed case and a polished bezel.
Darkening, the case in titanium on the 368 offers more contrast.

The 368 carry the new quick strap change system new school vs old school.

Views of the crown levers :

Down to up for the 217

More conventional for the 368

The movements:

Pam 217
Movement: hand-wound mechanical, Panerai OP XI calibre with swan's neck regulator, 16½ lignes, 17 jewels, Côtes de Genève decoration. Glucydur® balance with Nivarox® I spring, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 56 hours. Chronometer Certificate (C.O.S.C.).

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds.

The new decoration with Côtes de Geneve.

Pam 368
Movement: hand-wound mechanical, Panerai P.2002/9 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 8.2 mm thick, 23 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Kif-Parechoc® anti-shock device. 8 days power reserve, 3 high-speed spring barrels, seconds reset device. 246 components.

Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, power reserve indicator on the back, seconds reset.

Nice machine and smoth winding but maybe a bit lost in a such large case.
The power reserve is on the back, blue hand : nice detail !

Some personal comments :

When it was possible to make one pair with the 127 and the 217, at this time the 368 seems a bit like an orphan. The biggest regret I have with this model is the writing 8 DAYS has been made in english and I still try to imagine it with one linear 8 GIORNI

No one is a competitor or a substitute for the other, they are a different offer for I think a different use.

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching

nellisc
Paneristi
nellisc
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:43 pm #2

Is this because as you say the movement is lost in a large case?

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:45 pm #3

Three years after The Mother comes a new model in the family of the 47mm. Again a Luminor (although accompanied by the superlative 203 and a series of submersible) the Pam 217 is the first in destro 47mm, special edition and more she reads the ralely seen Marina Militare on its dial,
The 217 is more historically correct than its predecessor Mother 127 : thanks to its very historic font !

Destro, Luminor Marina 47mm and are the only points they have in common. SE of 1000 units is the last.
When the Pam 217 has all the attributes of a military watch with a look a little wild, the Pam 368 opts dressed, more ... polite.
Steel and black dial for the 217; Titanium, brown dial and in-house movement for the 368.

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217
Movement: hand-wound mechanical, Panerai OP XI calibre with swan's neck regulator, 16½ lignes, 17 jewels, Côtes de Genève decoration. Glucydur® balance with Nivarox® I spring, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 56 hours. Chronometer Certificate (C.O.S.C.).

Pam 368
Movement: hand-wound mechanical, Panerai P.2002/9 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 8.2 mm thick, 23 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Kif-Parechoc® anti-shock device. 8 days power reserve, 3 high-speed spring barrels, seconds reset device. 246 components.

Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, power reserve indicator on the back, seconds reset.

Some personal comments :

When it was possible to make one pair with the 127 and the 217, at this time the 368 seems a bit like an orphan. The biggest regret I have with this model is the writing 8 DAYS has been made in english and I still try to imagine it with one linear 8 GIORNI

No one is a competitor or a substitute for the other, they are a different offer for I think a different use.

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
Personally, I'd pick the MM

Thanks again!! Great stuff

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:50 pm #4

with the eyes the seconds are not so centred, for sure a technical reason : when you see how large is the screw-back on the 368 it is evident that the P2002 have a smaller diameter

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:54 pm #5

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching

nellisc
Paneristi
nellisc
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:56 pm #6

with the eyes the seconds are not so centred, for sure a technical reason : when you see how large is the screw-back on the 368 it is evident that the P2002 have a smaller diameter

tomele
Paneristi
tomele
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 3:34 pm #7

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
Also, nice comparison and great review,
Thank you

Tomi

Angelus8day
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 4:13 pm #8

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
JF

Curiously, would you have been happier with 8 Giorni in a straight line vs the english text? I'm sure we would have all preferred the circular 8 Giorni...

The 368 was my favorite of 2011...

Timm1
Paneristi
Timm1
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 4:54 pm #9

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
Great review and thanks for taking the time to do it!

UnderPar

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 5:07 pm #10

murphtyper
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 5:08 pm #11

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
J-F Keep em coming these reviews are great!!! nt

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 6:25 pm #12

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
and i totally agree with you about the 8 giorni. that would have been sick.

8 grazie.

ep

jimmer71
Paneristi
jimmer71
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 6:57 pm #13

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
I prefer the 217.

-Jimmer

RUpanerai
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 7:13 pm #14

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching

paneristi-europe
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 10:21 pm #15

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
Thanks for the nice post about this two lefties.

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 11:59 pm #16

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
nice sharing....

dukerules
Paneristi
dukerules
Paneristi

May 17th, 2012, 1:07 am #17

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
and I absolutely love both of them.

Chapel Hill, NC

mlpugh
Paneristi
mlpugh
Paneristi

May 17th, 2012, 2:47 am #18

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
MM Awesome!!! 8 day second reset 47mm destro unreal.... I choose the 368 if I could only have one.. But later down the road hope to pick up a 217.

[/IMG]

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

May 17th, 2012, 6:11 am #19

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching

Panerai....So Much More Than Just A Watch!!

HammerHammer
Paneristi

May 17th, 2012, 9:47 am #20

Views of the dials :

The font

Views of the cases :

Down to up for the 217

The movements:

Pam 217

Pam 368

Some personal comments :

Destro or Destro ??

Thanks for watching
TOUT SWEET Moon Ami :-))) Mercy !! (nt)