Just wondering about the 424 w/o date and/or logo...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Just wondering about the 424 w/o date and/or logo...

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 9:50 am #1

The general consensus here on p.com re the PAM424 seems to be that it's a great looking watch, but the date window just doesn't look right on the cali dial.
We're of course just a relatively small group of fanatics and I can imagine that watch enthusiasts that are less interested in the history of the brand feel differently.
Think about it, the gold hands look great... it has a crystal (i.e. more suitable for daily use) and it offers a date which is just practical for most people.

Having said that, I couldn't help wondering what it would look like without the date and without both the date and the logo. That's a simple thing to do with Photoshop...

So if you have a look at the below photos, would you get on the list for any of these versions and if so, for which one?

Original

No date

No logo, no date (the one I'd be on the list for without a doubt)

If you missed the other photos of the 424, you can find them here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... the+PAM424

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Last edited by wilmsenm on January 29th, 2012, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 9:53 am #2

no date, no log, add marker, sapphire crystal, that's my dream Cali watch

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:04 am #3

I updated the photos with the marker added
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:05 am #4

The general consensus here on p.com re the PAM424 seems to be that it's a great looking watch, but the date window just doesn't look right on the cali dial.
We're of course just a relatively small group of fanatics and I can imagine that watch enthusiasts that are less interested in the history of the brand feel differently.
Think about it, the gold hands look great... it has a crystal (i.e. more suitable for daily use) and it offers a date which is just practical for most people.

Having said that, I couldn't help wondering what it would look like without the date and without both the date and the logo. That's a simple thing to do with Photoshop...

So if you have a look at the below photos, would you get on the list for any of these versions and if so, for which one?

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
but I'm not buying

Better they leave it 'as is' with logo and date...

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:16 am #5

I updated the photos with the marker added
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
it looks clean and balance, the date is just killing the overall balance of the dial, in my opinion

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:21 am #6

but I'm not buying

Better they leave it 'as is' with logo and date...

~Asi~

...but the discussion should/could be an interesting one...
Considering that - without an exception - all replies here were "lose the date"...

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

tomele
Paneristi
tomele
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:24 am #7

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Great job, Martin ( no logo no date for me ) .

bobbydh
Paneristi
bobbydh
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:32 am #8

+1

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:40 am #9

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

paneristi-europe
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 10:41 am #10

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
The second, with only the logo on the dial is also nice.
But in the end my vote goes for the last pic.
The simple cali-dial looks in this way absolutely great.

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 11:02 am #11

...but the discussion should/could be an interesting one...
Considering that - without an exception - all replies here were "lose the date"...

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
not that I like the salad, but I think its more of the same.

I hope they don't overuse the Cali dial. While it is important in the history of Panerai, this dial was in fact the only vintage dial not made or designed by Panerai. Should be used, sparingly.....lol

~Asi~

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 11:10 am #12

There are quite a few variations out there already by now. Can't help myself though, I just love that Cali dial, and I'd fancy a version w/o date but with gold double pencil hands and a thick crystal mucho mucho mucho

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

nickster250
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 11:13 am #13

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Give me the photoshopped one! (nt)

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 11:14 am #14

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 11:22 am #15

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
...would like it with the 399 crown.
Any chance you can PS that?
I'm as good with PS as I am with keeping my hair

Great work Martin.

Robbie-Doooooooooooooooo!

Watch by Panerai
Bike by Look
Hair by Gillette

shafikzaman
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 11:51 am #16

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
No date, no logo : )

tevj
Paneristi
tevj
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 12:04 pm #17

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

scuderia-f1
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 12:21 pm #18

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Anders, Stockholm Sweden.
PAM 212 J
Sjöö-Sandström Racing Chronograph

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 12:31 pm #19

thanks

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

nafai23
Paneristi
nafai23
Paneristi

January 29th, 2012, 1:05 pm #20

Original

No date

Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
It looks like a hack job.

If it was flush and elegant maybe but like that. No way over option 2 or 3.