If your Panerai has polished hands...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

If your Panerai has polished hands...

thsiao
Paneristi
thsiao
Paneristi

February 14th, 2018, 5:58 pm #1

...does it bother you if the polished hands are not perfect? Meaning they have some sort of flaw/imperfection on them. Either it be scratches or something else. Not like it’s very noticeable, but at certain angles and with the right lighting, I can see that the hands on my 233 are slightly scratched. And I recently had it serviced... though I can’t be positive that the hands were perfect before the service.

Are your polished hands perfect?
Is it too much to expect the hands to be perfect?

I’ve noticed this issue too on other brands/watches, so it’s probably more common than it should be.

DesmoFan
Paneristi
DesmoFan
Paneristi

February 14th, 2018, 9:43 pm #2

But my OCD is strong!

If it helps, I have 3 different pieces w/ polished hands and all are perfect. At least as far as I know. Now I'm going to double-check and possibly anger myself in the process.

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

February 15th, 2018, 1:23 am #3

It's fine... It's fine...
Mike C, 312 NYC

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

February 15th, 2018, 1:23 am #4

But my OCD is strong!

If it helps, I have 3 different pieces w/ polished hands and all are perfect. At least as far as I know. Now I'm going to double-check and possibly anger myself in the process.
It's fine... It's fine...
Mike C, 312 NYC

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

February 15th, 2018, 7:57 pm #5

But I've never had this issue on non-Panerai watches.

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 16th, 2018, 2:13 am #6

...does it bother you if the polished hands are not perfect? Meaning they have some sort of flaw/imperfection on them. Either it be scratches or something else. Not like it’s very noticeable, but at certain angles and with the right lighting, I can see that the hands on my 233 are slightly scratched. And I recently had it serviced... though I can’t be positive that the hands were perfect before the service.

Are your polished hands perfect?
Is it too much to expect the hands to be perfect?

I’ve noticed this issue too on other brands/watches, so it’s probably more common than it should be.
I learnt ???

The moment you reach for a loupe to see your watch ? Run don’t walk 😱😱😱

M8 it’s so scary under say 2-5X Mag - but to specifically assess what is on the hands for under $15 u can buy like a 20/50 Time’s magnify then you can have a real idea on the exact issue - but take a BNIB and if you loupe it you will walk - just not run - I swear never loupe your Watches 😱😱 - unless for a specific reason like Brian’s !

Brian one thing to keep in mind when looking for a cheap loupe is the .?...??

Focal length - the crystal will be some mm’s away from the hands ? Make sure you don’t get a really high mag loupe or you will need to be like 1mm from the object matter to focus - basically - the higher the mag the less focal distance simply a 3 Times mag would work 👍🏻

Swing by any jeweler or Watch pop up and borrow a loupe so long as the matter or say debris isn’t corrosion it wouldn’t bother me unless it’s a dress Watch and I am soooooo OCD also - but can live with what it sounds like for Brian - for the hands to be repaired and or cleaned is not hard but also not easy - unless u have a mate who can do it for free or could cost a bunch for recasting kit and anyth8ng else they want to add - hey ?

Swing by my place I’ll do it for ya free and coffee ☕️ is waiting 👌👌
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻