If you sold your 372, I'd like to know why? (more) -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

If you sold your 372, I'd like to know why? (more) -

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 1:43 am #1

There's so much to like about this watch, yet I'm a bit concerned about the 47mm size.

If you previously have bought and sold a 372, would you say why?

Thanks-
R

</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" rel="nofollow">

tagrin
Paneristi
tagrin
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 2:33 am #2

but I'm revisiting it

Best,
Tom

edwin814
Paneristi
edwin814
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 3:29 am #3

There's so much to like about this watch, yet I'm a bit concerned about the 47mm size.

Thanks-
R

I'd thought about it, mainly due to the size. My wrist is slightly larger than 7", and sometime I feel 47mm Luminor is just a tad too big. But whenever I wear it, I just love it too much.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 5:43 am #4

Thanks-
R

I just think those ones look better but the price of the in comparison makes the 372 a great value. I guess my issue is that it wears kind of square and the yellow text has always bothered me. It's still a great watch that I enjoy wearing and the p.3000 is s gorgeous movement.

pamhunter
Paneristi
pamhunter
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 9:30 am #5

Thanks-
R

only size could change my mind

other than that its THE perfect PANERAI for me

pamhunter
Paneristi
pamhunter
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 9:31 am #6

I'd thought about it, mainly due to the size. My wrist is slightly larger than 7", and sometime I feel 47mm Luminor is just a tad too big. But whenever I wear it, I just love it too much.
once its on the wrist

it takes me to wonderland

LOVE IT

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 9:35 am #7

Thanks-
R

As its readily available it has lost its must have luster. However, it is probably Panerais greatest gift to the community. It's just we never recognize a gift and only seek what we shouldn't be buying !

adibabe
Paneristi
adibabe
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 9:37 am #8

Thanks-
R

I have one, cannot stop looking at it , but there are a couple of things that might make me sell. Yes at times it can appear very large, but it is perfectly formed. The other reason is the good value angel on my shoulder keeps saying it is a hand wind movement with no date wheel, seconds hand or sapphire crystal. For not much more you could have a seconds hand power reserve and sapphire crystal in the 422. So I could sell if I had a deal for a 422.

Oh and I hate scratches so plexi not good for me but easily polished and cheap, ahh but its not good value ahhhhhh

BavarianDave
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 10:06 am #9

Thanks-
R

If've tried it on with my smaller wrists, and IMO the 372 wears much smaller than other 47er PAMs due to its perfectly balanced look.

Great watch, I'd love to get it (if I only had the money)!

Cheers
Dave

rybst
Paneristi
rybst
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 10:31 am #10

Thanks-
R

I hear you on the too big issue,but really, like anything if you wear it with pride and confidence, SOD what anyone else thinks of it.

johnnychum
Paneristi
johnnychum
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 12:45 pm #11

As its readily available it has lost its must have luster. However, it is probably Panerais greatest gift to the community. It's just we never recognize a gift and only seek what we shouldn't be buying !
Johnnychum
Montreal, Quebec.

TheIrishcoffee
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 12:47 pm #12

Thanks-
R

... it's an amazing watch. But if you have just the slightest doubt - then don't get it.

It's easy to get blinded when browsing this forum where everyone pads your back, and tell you that it looks great on you.

But in reality, your wife, your boss and most importantly yourself might not think that a 47mm plexi scratchmagnet looks that cool outside the "Risti" world.

It's an great watch, but the hyoe is even greater. As yourself if you would have bought it, if you walked into a jeweler without ever having heard of Panerai or Paneristi before? Some would, and they are the correct owners, but a lot wold not - mainly due to the size. And that's the reason many gets flipped at the moment.

But hey, try it on.

TheIrishcoffee
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 12:48 pm #13

*hype nt

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 1:00 pm #14

Thanks-
R

3500 is more than enough

the 422 and 423 could have been great watches to replace the 372

the first months it was really hot and some flippers played with it. I think now most people who want one do have one or can buy one secondhand. It could have been ' a nice gift from Panerai' to give these 3500 something really special, which it would become in a heartbeat if they stopped production.

Not like every overhyped Limited Edition but regular production that becomes limited
Most people can't get a sought after LE, it would have been good if the people who got their 372 after 18 months would be 'rewarded' with something limited that wasn't anounced as a LE

the first watch which introduced a whole new line ( 422 - 423 - and these that will follow) + Only the 372 with plexi, the others with saphire ----> It should have been discontinued to keep it more special.

mrpanerai
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 2:56 pm #15

wesleyvs
Paneristi
wesleyvs
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 3:38 pm #16

... it's an amazing watch. But if you have just the slightest doubt - then don't get it.

It's easy to get blinded when browsing this forum where everyone pads your back, and tell you that it looks great on you.

But in reality, your wife, your boss and most importantly yourself might not think that a 47mm plexi scratchmagnet looks that cool outside the "Risti" world.

It's an great watch, but the hyoe is even greater. As yourself if you would have bought it, if you walked into a jeweler without ever having heard of Panerai or Paneristi before? Some would, and they are the correct owners, but a lot wold not - mainly due to the size. And that's the reason many gets flipped at the moment.

But hey, try it on.
totally agree on that

seve1939
Paneristi
seve1939
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 3:48 pm #17

3500 is more than enough

the 422 and 423 could have been great watches to replace the 372

the first months it was really hot and some flippers played with it. I think now most people who want one do have one or can buy one secondhand. It could have been ' a nice gift from Panerai' to give these 3500 something really special, which it would become in a heartbeat if they stopped production.

Not like every overhyped Limited Edition but regular production that becomes limited
Most people can't get a sought after LE, it would have been good if the people who got their 372 after 18 months would be 'rewarded' with something limited that wasn't anounced as a LE

the first watch which introduced a whole new line ( 422 - 423 - and these that will follow) + Only the 372 with plexi, the others with saphire ----> It should have been discontinued to keep it more special.
regular production. Only one I recall is the Pam 190--the 8 Day Radiomir with the JLC Movement---550, 1000, and 500 for a total of 2050. Watch was 45mm.

falterego
Paneristi
falterego
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 4:22 pm #18

That's an interesting thought. It's certainly a piece that would do very well as an SE model; easily command double its price with a 1,000 release or maybe more with an 8-day movement. Don't think Panerai doesn't know that either. We will no doubt hear the opposite when the 399 hits the streets.

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 4:34 pm #19

No worries about exclusivity! Any bud you have that can afford it can get one.

I like that!

Don't get me wrong, I like SE and LE too, a lot, but so many have been left out that it's just beautiful to know that everyone can have such a special piece.

-Craig F

chgo2
Paneristi
chgo2
Paneristi

June 25th, 2012, 5:25 pm #20

Thanks-
R

Not enough wrist time because of the competition with the 368.
But no doubt; the 372 is a fantastic watch and I can understand everyone who keeps it.
In fact I'm thinking of buying it again, maybe next year, after the buzz.
Cheers,
C.