I got it....372!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

I got it....372!!!

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 5:44 pm #1

Well....I guess it all started with 2 weeks back when I was on a week holiday with family in Dubai.

When there, naturally I visited the Dubai Boutique....3 times....and while there I fell in love with the 372.

However, on this jolly day when I received the 372 I do need to express my huge disappointment with the Dubai Boutique!

It was my first Boutique experience or was I expecting too much?

I had the feeling that as soon as I entered the Boutique for the first time, the sales guys immediately made up their mind that I wasn't going to walk out with any of the timepieces in there. Sadly enough I also felt I knew more about Panerai then they did.
They used a "pumped up" exchange rate to make the price of 372 feel like the European price. Believe it or not, but the 372 is 800 Euros more expensive in Dubai than in Europe...even though Dubai is supposed to be a tax free shopping paradise!
They insulted me with a comment like...you don't have a limitless credit card! Being unfriendly and uninterested while I was looking at the watch. If they would not have had gloves on I am sure they would have cleaned their nails, that type of attitude they had.
I kindly asked them if they could ship the box to the Netherlands (to avoid duties) to what they replied: "no we don't do that....DHL is one level below us you can ask there....but we would be happy to give you a nice Panerai cap that would go nicely with your shirt!"
Unbelievable.....so naturally on the 3rd visit I just walked out....
Above all they never really wanted to sell me a timepiece....in my line of work...selling really starts when customer says no thanks....these guys didn't even blink!

Having come back home I emailed a few European Boutiques...and to my luck Firenze had one....they would even ship it to me free of charge...plus not that this sealed the deal, I got a free t-shirt....all this with excellent and fast service by Patrizia, Giuseppe and Martina! Thank you very much, which was the most important thing and I felt good about the deal!

372 is simply stunning...the more I look at it the better it is. I am speechless.

Here come a few poor quality shots....more to come when I go on holidays in Croatia in a few weeks....

Thanks for reading and apologies for the Dubai Boutique rant, just had to vent some of my frustrations and disappointment...

I LOVE the watch and am really happy with it so far!

scott0431
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm #2

Enjoy.

"If I was on death row and given one last meal I would ask for a fortune cookie. "Come on 'long prosperous life!'"-
Mitch Hedburg

panerai4life
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 6:12 pm #3

Well....I guess it all started with 2 weeks back when I was on a week holiday with family in Dubai.

When there, naturally I visited the Dubai Boutique....3 times....and while there I fell in love with the 372.

However, on this jolly day when I received the 372 I do need to express my huge disappointment with the Dubai Boutique!

I had the feeling that as soon as I entered the Boutique for the first time, the sales guys immediately made up their mind that I wasn't going to walk out with any of the timepieces in there. Sadly enough I also felt I knew more about Panerai then they did.
They used a "pumped up" exchange rate to make the price of 372 feel like the European price. Believe it or not, but the 372 is 800 Euros more expensive in Dubai than in Europe...even though Dubai is supposed to be a tax free shopping paradise!
They insulted me with a comment like...you don't have a limitless credit card! Being unfriendly and uninterested while I was looking at the watch. If they would not have had gloves on I am sure they would have cleaned their nails, that type of attitude they had.
I kindly asked them if they could ship the box to the Netherlands (to avoid duties) to what they replied: "no we don't do that....DHL is one level below us you can ask there....but we would be happy to give you a nice Panerai cap that would go nicely with your shirt!"
Above all they never really wanted to sell me a timepiece....in my line of work...selling really starts when customer says no thanks....these guys didn't even blink!

Having come back home I emailed a few European Boutiques...and to my luck Firenze had one....they would even ship it to me free of charge...plus not that this sealed the deal, I got a free t-shirt....all this with excellent and fast service by Patrizia, Giuseppe and Martina! Thank you very much, which was the most important thing and I felt good about the deal!

372 is simply stunning...the more I look at it the better it is. I am speechless.

Here come a few poor quality shots....more to come when I go on holidays in Croatia in a few weeks....

Thanks for reading and apologies for the Dubai Boutique rant, just had to vent some of my frustrations and disappointment...

Forget what's in between the way and enjoy the piece as much as you can my friend

"Passion is something way beyond any explanation or imagination"

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 6:15 pm #4

It's a keeper for sure.

-Craig F

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:10 pm #5

Enjoy.

"If I was on death row and given one last meal I would ask for a fortune cookie. "Come on 'long prosperous life!'"-
Mitch Hedburg

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:10 pm #6

Forget what's in between the way and enjoy the piece as much as you can my friend

"Passion is something way beyond any explanation or imagination"
now that i wrote about it...I am over it!!!

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:11 pm #7

It's a keeper for sure.

-Craig F

MarkSanders
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:13 pm #8

Geniet ervan!
P.s. Jammer van die dubai ervaring maar Laat dat de pret niet drukken!

Greetings,

Mark Sanders

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:23 pm #9

-luke

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:27 pm #10

Geniet ervan!
P.s. Jammer van die dubai ervaring maar Laat dat de pret niet drukken!

Greetings,

Mark Sanders

yes indeed....sorry my dutch is not great!!! but my kids are helping me learn it...

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:27 pm #11

-luke

MarkSanders
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:43 pm #12

yes indeed....sorry my dutch is not great!!! but my kids are helping me learn it...

So P.com even helps you improve your Dutch?!

Greetings,

Mark Sanders

JAW-001
Paneristi
JAW-001
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:50 pm #13

Nice catch! Very impressive watch, tried it on in Rotterdam (S&C) last week.

JAW-NL

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:51 pm #14

its definitely worth having in collection...not a daily beater...

dy4
Paneristi
dy4
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:54 pm #15

ik geniet nog van de mijne elke keer ik er naar kijk. To give you some dutch

Greetings from Belgium
David

JAW-001
Paneristi
JAW-001
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 7:55 pm #16

its definitely worth having in collection...not a daily beater...

Going back to the AD again real soon

JAW-NL

aboen
Paneristi
aboen
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 8:02 pm #17

Andrew Boen
NoCal

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 8:03 pm #18

ik geniet nog van de mijne elke keer ik er naar kijk. To give you some dutch

Greetings from Belgium
David
enjoy it!!!

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 8:03 pm #19

Andrew Boen
NoCal
i agree....

ppolla
Paneristi
ppolla
Paneristi

August 9th, 2012, 8:14 pm #20

So P.com even helps you improve your Dutch?!

Greetings,

Mark Sanders