How to sell my Pam 88

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

How to sell my Pam 88

sousadavid
New User
sousadavid
New User

March 15th, 2017, 10:07 pm #1

Just had a question for the group. I have one watch, a PAM 88. I would like to sell it, but do not want to give it away. Seems like this forum would be a good place, but as this is my only watch, I don't have sales references. I tried sites like crown and caliber who want to list it with a reserve of 5300 but take 20%. Any suggestions?

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

March 15th, 2017, 11:17 pm #2

With no references. Doubt anyone here will buy from you.

You may be honest as the day is long, but still.

Good luck

DON

johnny167
New User
johnny167
New User

March 16th, 2017, 6:29 am #3

Just had a question for the group. I have one watch, a PAM 88. I would like to sell it, but do not want to give it away. Seems like this forum would be a good place, but as this is my only watch, I don't have sales references. I tried sites like crown and caliber who want to list it with a reserve of 5300 but take 20%. Any suggestions?
I had a terrible experience with CrownandCaliber. They were suppose to "service" my watches and list it for 60days. None of my watches sold at their suggested price after 3 months, and my Rolex was "serviced" extremely poorly. It came back with a shoddy polishing job, and it stopped working after a few months. I sent it to Rolex Canada in Toronto, and Rolex said the movement had never been serviced recently and the lubricant had dried out.

I asked CrownandCaliber about their "service", and their one-year guarantee if a customer had purchased it. They admitted they had open the caseback to authenticate but did not "service" the movement. After a few emails back and forth, they agree to compensate me with a $200 voucher for this "miscommunication".

TLDR: don't sell or buy from CrownandCaliber

Ayer
Paneristi
Ayer
Paneristi

March 16th, 2017, 7:15 am #4

I've bought several watches from Chrono24.com and haven't ever had any issues I'd look there for an idea of price and then post yours. eBay is okay if you want a quick sale but you will pay for it.