How to get a nice "shiny" patina on your straps?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

How to get a nice "shiny" patina on your straps?

photoshopper
Paneristi

May 12th, 2012, 3:08 pm #1

Ok I'know there are quit a lot of "strap connaisseurs" here so I've got a questiin for them

How do I get this really shiny patina on my leather straps, they all become kinda dull with me...
I used diffrent kind of leather cremes, brushes etc, just doing nothing and grease from myhands...

All help is really appciated.

Dsfirst
Paneristi
Dsfirst
Paneristi

May 12th, 2012, 7:54 pm #2

For a true patina it is all about time. The more use the leather gets, the more it will luster.

If you are looking for a quick result I would try using a neutral shoe or boot creme. Treat it as if you are polishing your shoes, clean the dirt off, apply a tiny amount, allow to dry and buff off.

I think Saphir Rejuvenator is a wonderful product. But remember the less your use the better the results.

Good luck, and post some images when they are done.

David-

adamoo
Paneristi
adamoo
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 5:48 am #3

Ok I'know there are quit a lot of "strap connaisseurs" here so I've got a questiin for them

How do I get this really shiny patina on my leather straps, they all become kinda dull with me...
I used diffrent kind of leather cremes, brushes etc, just doing nothing and grease from myhands...

Saphir Pate De Luxe Wax (nt)

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 4:44 pm #4

Yeah, I know

As far as shoes go, I've always had decent luck with finding a color similar to the color of the leather and going to town. Saphir makes a superior product but if you're looking to add just a little pop to the leather Kiwi works fine. If you want more shine, flick water on the leather after the initial brushing.