Hour and minute hand problem - 217

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Hour and minute hand problem - 217

fpdok2
Paneristi
fpdok2
Paneristi

September 26th, 2017, 8:46 pm #1

Hour and minute hand not moving when adjusted.
Winding function is intact.
Local watchmaker or PASC?
Thanks,

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

September 26th, 2017, 11:29 pm #2

Hands would not turn if the clutch wheel doesn't connect with the setting wheel when winding crown is pulled out

Something sticking?

Last time serviced?

If you know a qualified watchmaker. Should be an easy fix and cheaper than PASC

DON

fpdok2
Paneristi
fpdok2
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 6:29 am #3

Thank you for the response.
I actually dislodged the crown guard and when I pulled the crown, it came out all the way...
Serviced bout 2 years ago..

ferry.monne
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 10:39 am #4

Sorry to hear what happened to your Panerai.

I am starting to doubt the real toughness of the brand, you read more and more about movements stopping, starting to re-bank, running too fast, crowns coming loose., not waterproof, etc... Does QC of OP even care? I do hope they read the threads on the forum often enough and start acting a luxury watch brand should, taking care of things, doing active recalls, etc...

Panerai watches are as far as I am concerned when it comes design and history unique, but there is a lot to improve when it comes to reliability and toughness , it is a luxury tool watch after all.

I hope your watch will be in mint condition ASAP!

Do share with us what the watchmaker discovers.

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 12:17 pm #5

It's a 2005 watch with an ETAish movement. A lot can happen in 12 years. nt

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 1:16 pm #6

Thank you for the response.
I actually dislodged the crown guard and when I pulled the crown, it came out all the way...
Serviced bout 2 years ago..
Crown guard was loose when you pulled out the crown and it came out further than needed.

Can't get all the way back into the watch?

Take it too a watchmaker that's competent or take it to PASC

DON

fpdok2
Paneristi
fpdok2
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 4:03 pm #7

I removed the crown guard to try to pull the crown out. It came out - crown and the "stem?"..

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 4:20 pm #8

but I think the set screw came loose. Very common (not exclusive to Panerai before anyone panics) and very easy to fix. Have a local watchmaker take a look.
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

fpdok2
Paneristi
fpdok2
Paneristi

September 27th, 2017, 4:34 pm #9

Thanks..

CarsandChronos
Paneristi

September 28th, 2017, 10:26 am #10

Hour and minute hand not moving when adjusted.
Winding function is intact.
Local watchmaker or PASC?
Thanks,
Had same thing happen with my 000 about a year ago. Took it to my local guy. 3 days and $140 later it was fixed, watch was pressure tested, and back at it.

mreynoldsuk
Paneristi

September 28th, 2017, 9:41 pm #11

but I think the set screw came loose. Very common (not exclusive to Panerai before anyone panics) and very easy to fix. Have a local watchmaker take a look.
and a fix you can do yourself. Small screw near 3 oclock on the movement, it’s come lose. If you put the stem back in and turn the screw about half a turn you’ll be sorted. It’s a 2 minute job for a watchsmith, but as you’re opening the back up you’ll need to get the WR tested, possibly redone.
Poster formerly known as Matt Reynolds

Current stable: 001, 360, 372, 587, 721, 731
Previous stable: 000, 590, 687, 716
Wish List: Something with a T on the dial