Helson, Graham, Others??

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Helson, Graham, Others??

padronanniversario
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 1:40 am #1

Hello fellow 'risti. I am thinking seriously about buying another watch for my collection. I own 3 Panerais and love them all but was thinking about picking up another piece. I don't want to spend what I'd typically drop on a Panerai and want something fairly unique. Maybe bronze, maybe a unique case shape and/or face color. Something that will stand out in the crowd but not break the bank. I've seen some nice Helsons and Grahams recently but don't know much about either brand. Thoughts? Any other brands worth checking out? Thanks all and have a great week!

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 2:12 am #2

Just a thought - depending on the models you select - probably in your budget.

My first and probably best vintage - shame I let that go!

sdumperth
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 2:27 am #3

Love the patina!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

craniotes
Paneristi
craniotes
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 2:41 am #4

Hello fellow 'risti. I am thinking seriously about buying another watch for my collection. I own 3 Panerais and love them all but was thinking about picking up another piece. I don't want to spend what I'd typically drop on a Panerai and want something fairly unique. Maybe bronze, maybe a unique case shape and/or face color. Something that will stand out in the crowd but not break the bank. I've seen some nice Helsons and Grahams recently but don't know much about either brand. Thoughts? Any other brands worth checking out? Thanks all and have a great week!
I've been on a bit of a vintage kick myself lately, and picked up these two beauties in the past month:

They're definitely different from Panerai in spirit and on the wrist, but they have a unique charm all their own. What's more, they won't break the bank, at least relative to a new, in-house PAM.

However, unlike buying new from a reputable AD or direct from the company, you've gotta know what you're looking for with vintage Tudors (and Rollies, and Omegas...), lest you get taken for a ride.

Yes, it's a bit more work, but the reward is more than worth it in my book. Also, it seems to me that a lot of Panerai collectors I know have a few vintage pieces from the aforementioned brands lurking in their watch boxes and safes, so you'll be in good company.

Good luck with the hunt!

Regards,
Adam

ERSanchez
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 2:42 am #5

.... but none of them worked out.

And a few other ideas......

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

calitrev
Paneristi
calitrev
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 5:53 am #6

I've been on a bit of a vintage kick myself lately, and picked up these two beauties in the past month:

They're definitely different from Panerai in spirit and on the wrist, but they have a unique charm all their own. What's more, they won't break the bank, at least relative to a new, in-house PAM.

However, unlike buying new from a reputable AD or direct from the company, you've gotta know what you're looking for with vintage Tudors (and Rollies, and Omegas...), lest you get taken for a ride.

Yes, it's a bit more work, but the reward is more than worth it in my book. Also, it seems to me that a lot of Panerai collectors I know have a few vintage pieces from the aforementioned brands lurking in their watch boxes and safes, so you'll be in good company.

Good luck with the hunt!

Regards,
Adam
I agree with Adam and Mike!

nomiswong
Paneristi
nomiswong
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 7:19 am #7

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

P U R A V I D A !

because i know one of my friend have one, just like to know the price range.

Pam-o-Man
Paneristi
Pam-o-Man
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 7:25 am #8

Great watches and superb quality! They also wear nicely and if you want, the chrono lever goes neatly under the cuff.

HammerHammer
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 7:26 am #9

Love the patina!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad
YEAH >>>. WHS !!!! (nt)

benson39
Paneristi
benson39
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 9:02 am #10

Officine Panerai~ more than a watch... it's fun to wear a war tools on wrist!!

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am #11

I have my Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT (white dial) and the 320 and they are pretty different. As such, I have always thought about getting a Reverso from JLC. Very distinctive, don't make many, I think, and top-notch quality.

My two yen.

rwai
Paneristi
rwai
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 12:26 pm #12

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 1:47 pm #13

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

P U R A V I D A !

CGSshorty
Paneristi
CGSshorty
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 3:16 pm #14

this one is always a big hit at GTGs.

JulesOP
Paneristi
JulesOP
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 6:30 pm #15

UTS prices are fair. Bremont is a little bit more expensive, but they get very good test results. Their Supermarine is my next pick

cheers

ERSanchez
Paneristi

April 2nd, 2012, 11:24 pm #16

because i know one of my friend have one, just like to know the price range.
...prices ranged from $6500 to $8000.

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

P U R A V I D A !

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

April 4th, 2012, 2:26 pm #17

Kobold, Rolex, Breitling