Helson Bronze Recall

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Helson Bronze Recall

berryman
Paneristi
berryman
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:07 pm #1

Message released by Helson -

Dear Helson Shark Diver Bronze customer,

unfortunately we had to find out that the previous batches SD bronze watches ( serial number is lower than 690) are not made in the bronze material they are supposed to be.

I apologize that we did not check the material but had confidence in the certificate given to us by the metal supplier.

Meanwhile we have the correct CuSn8 and it is tested by a 3rd party laboratory.

We would be happy to exchange your case to get you the real thing, CuSn8.

Please send us your watch back and we will replace the case and bezel.
Dial, movement, case back etc will stay the same.

While doing this we can also offer you to exchange your bezel to a different one as on your actual watch or change the dial to one of the new dial colors ( as long as our dial stock lasts) this is free of charge.

Of course we will also refund your shipping cost but would appreciate if you could use a just standard parcel but with tracking number .

or

instead of a shipping refund you can get the watch back including a Sharkfin rubber strap with the new bronze buckle, matching your new case.

Up to you.

Please send only the watch head (no strap no lug bars no warranty card or box) back to

Smart Asia Industrial Ltd.
Unit A, 7th Floor, CDW Building,
388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, N.T.,
Hong Kong.
Phone : +852 2480 4493

and remark "Helson watch and your serial and back for repair" with the shipping documents.

Please also email me your serial number and name and if you just want it back like it is, but with the correct CuSn8 case, or if we shall change anything else.

We will do our best to get you your watch back as soon as possible.

In case that you sold your watch already it would be great you could forward this email to the new owner.

I am sorry for any inconvenience we caused you and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards Peter

mike2zero
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:16 pm #2

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

RUpanerai
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:19 pm #3

unfortunately we had to find out that the previous batches SD bronze watches ( serial number is lower than 690) are not made in the bronze material they are supposed to be.

I apologize that we did not check the material but had confidence in the certificate given to us by the metal supplier.

While doing this we can also offer you to exchange your bezel to a different one as on your actual watch or change the dial to one of the new dial colors ( as long as our dial stock lasts) this is free of charge.

Of course we will also refund your shipping cost but would appreciate if you could use a just standard parcel but with tracking number .

or

instead of a shipping refund you can get the watch back including a Sharkfin rubber strap with the new bronze buckle, matching your new case.

Up to you.

Please send only the watch head (no strap no lug bars no warranty card or box) back to

Hong Kong.

and remark "Helson watch and your serial and back for repair" with the shipping documents.

Please also email me your serial number and name and if you just want it back like it is, but with the correct CuSn8 case, or if we shall change anything else.

In case that you sold your watch already it would be great you could forward this email to the new owner.

I am sorry for any inconvenience we caused you and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards Peter
Great move by the company... is anyone changing the bezel? I wonder what the bronze buckle looks like?

Arrows58
Paneristi
Arrows58
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:32 pm #4

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
I think I might change from the Brown to the Bronze.

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:41 pm #5

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
very nice, but it is 22mm. Peter is working on a 24MM buckle. Here's the general idea...

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:41 pm #6

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
very nice, but it is 22mm. Peter is working on a 24MM buckle. Here's the general idea...

mike2zero
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 8:55 pm #7

I think I might change from the Brown to the Bronze.
I was gonna change the dial to green, then thought about it and didn't want it to look like it was a 382 copy, so I am keeping it brown...

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 9:01 pm #8

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
A company turning a potential disaster into a chance to make lifetime customers instead... Kudos to Helson for stepping up quickly and doing the right thing without even being asked!

nafai23
Paneristi
nafai23
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 9:09 pm #9

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
Bravo Helson!

RUpanerai
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 9:37 pm #10

Couldn't agree more... WITHOUT EVEN ASKING... This will cost them a fortune and its only a 1300 dollar watch!!!! 4 times the price deserves 4 times the service right?

ravi76
Paneristi
ravi76
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 9:43 pm #11

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
Nicely done helson

watchdaddy1
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 11:00 pm #12

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
& a all around good guy.He treats his customers like family in ANY situation. Kudos Peter

lceniza
Paneristi
lceniza
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 11:59 pm #13

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
I'm not sure if the other manufacturers use/advertise or intended to use CuSn8.

Cheers,
Lou - SoCal

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 12:49 am #14

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
Night View
Il Duomo Firenze

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 1:42 am #15

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
I got mine and I was wondering if it was some scam....send me your watch....

Mine is still as good as new, cannot understand at beginning why this recall has been issued. I do admire it, nonetheless

best

prevanderthal
Paneristi

February 9th, 2012, 1:52 am #16

or

Up to you.

Hong Kong.

Best regards Peter
I find that more and more corporations now a days only care of the profits that they make. This should come second due to the fact that if you are a happy customer you will also be a return customer. Cudos to you Helson, I look forward to the exchange.