Happy as a clam - First post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Happy as a clam - First post

Neubs1
New User
Neubs1
New User

March 11th, 2018, 2:17 pm #1

All, I'm happy as a clam as I pulled the trigger yesterday on a PAM 687. Looks great. My AD has an XL strap on order - I'm going with a lighter color than the supplied 'Ponte Vecchio' strap. Am able to squeeze the standard size strap on now in order to wear.Couple of things:- The PAM 687 profile is a little different from other Panerai - the bezel and plexi crystal do not 'dome' like on my PAM 422. Much more symmetrical (as written in several reviews) / lower /slimmer in profile. Add to that the Radiomir case and I will say that it DOES wear 'smaller' than you'd think.- The polished buckle really looks great. All of my other Panerai have brushed buckles.- The accompanying book of Italian diving and military history is (you guessed it) in ITALIAN! Oh well.I'm thrilled with the new watch.It joins: PAM 422 (my first Panerai)PAM 341 (the Big Guy)PAM 524 (my wife's daily wear watch - since gaining this watch, her Rolex has sat in the cabinet)Best wishes to all from a 'Newbie'.Cheers, Neubs

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 2:46 pm #2

congrats....let's see a wrist shot
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

Neubs1
New User
Neubs1
New User

March 11th, 2018, 3:54 pm #3

I'll post a shot as soon as I figure out how to-do. Thanks. Neubs

gfriedell
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 4:52 pm #4

Folks say the mobile version is easier to use than the desktop, but I haven't tried it myself.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... 1506017413

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 6:03 pm #5

he's such a smart guy....🤣
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

Neubs1
New User
Neubs1
New User

March 11th, 2018, 8:13 pm #6

Neubs1
New User
Neubs1
New User

March 11th, 2018, 8:17 pm #7

Neubs1
New User
Neubs1
New User

March 11th, 2018, 8:18 pm #8

Still trying to get the hang of picture posting.

This pic is the Profile of my PAM 687 and the Profile of my PAM 422.

Neubs

Neubs1
New User
Neubs1
New User

March 11th, 2018, 8:20 pm #9

My PAM 341, PAM 422, PAM 687, My wife's PAM 524.

Cheers.

Neubs

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 9:03 pm #10

very nice....
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

sdumperth
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 9:11 pm #11

My PAM 341, PAM 422, PAM 687, My wife's PAM 524.

Cheers.

Neubs
I’m glad you migrated over to the homeland!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

Aeromat209
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 9:59 pm #12

All, I'm happy as a clam as I pulled the trigger yesterday on a PAM 687. Looks great. My AD has an XL strap on order - I'm going with a lighter color than the supplied 'Ponte Vecchio' strap. Am able to squeeze the standard size strap on now in order to wear.Couple of things:- The PAM 687 profile is a little different from other Panerai - the bezel and plexi crystal do not 'dome' like on my PAM 422. Much more symmetrical (as written in several reviews) / lower /slimmer in profile. Add to that the Radiomir case and I will say that it DOES wear 'smaller' than you'd think.- The polished buckle really looks great. All of my other Panerai have brushed buckles.- The accompanying book of Italian diving and military history is (you guessed it) in ITALIAN! Oh well.I'm thrilled with the new watch.It joins: PAM 422 (my first Panerai)PAM 341 (the Big Guy)PAM 524 (my wife's daily wear watch - since gaining this watch, her Rolex has sat in the cabinet)Best wishes to all from a 'Newbie'.Cheers, Neubs
Fabulous line of Machines!!!!

Welcome and Enjoy !!!!

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 10:02 pm #13

This Watch was actually designed in so many ways and especially the dial - in the heads & hearts of our community ?.
A MORE beautiful dial and package I’ve yet to see from the new boxset right down to the double bezel dodi in DNA 47 Rad that wears so SLIM Jim 👏👏

In fact when Richemont (Pre Vendome) acquired the brand and the watch making deptmartment from Panerai/Calzoni.Spa along with all that came with patents and a list of stock on hand from initiatives that had been placed on hold along was some Vintage Panerai Assets and one such prototype exactly -/+ the same as we see here a Dodi Double Lunette Bezel 3646 next to #74 6162-1 hahaha - anyway some real deal DNA makes these Watches’s just ?? EXTRA Specialé for many or some or just the 2 of - we can make it if we can hahahaha I freaking loved it the second I saw it and down went the 💳 plastic BAM 💥 the DNA is just a BONUS - Slim Jim u Bet

DROP DEAD SEXY ❤️

For me personally one of the best Panerai ever made in the modern era and a real sleeper just wish production was 200-300 😢

CONGRATULATIONS Neubs1 she’s a Rippa Rita 💥👌👍🏻🙏🏻♿️👏🇦🇺

Last edited by ThunderDownUnder on March 12th, 2018, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

March 11th, 2018, 11:50 pm #14

I’m glad you migrated over to the homeland!
+1 with the Duminator (nt)
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

March 12th, 2018, 10:22 am #15

I bet we all use the expression without really knowing its provenance. I've done some digging and this is what I found:-

"Anyone who has ever hunted for clams knows that they must be dug when the tide is low. They’re almost impossible to find in high tide, and it would be dangerous to venture too far out into deep water. People say these creatures are happy at high tide, therefore, because they're in no danger, at least from humans, of being made into a meal."

Paneristi - more than just watches. Education too.

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

March 12th, 2018, 10:44 am #16

Meeting Jimmy . ? (nt)

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

March 12th, 2018, 6:43 pm #17

Depends on the species of clam LOL

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

March 14th, 2018, 8:24 am #18

ROTFLMAO good one Dave - was the stinky clam that eng loves so much 🤣(nt)