Guys with the Bronze watches trying to get that patina.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Guys with the Bronze watches trying to get that patina.

BauerR
Paneristi
BauerR
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 11:18 am #1

As some of you know I'm coming to the end of making my own bronze watch and throughout the process I've learned a ton about the different types of bronze. Recently, I came across this website that kinda helps you with the process of patina and the desired look.

Found this interesting.
Who knew there were so many options?!
http://www.sciencecompany.com/patinas/p ... ulas.htm#5

Others:
Breitling Superocean Steelfish
Tag Heuer Formula 1

DLVega
Paneristi
DLVega
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 11:41 am #2

Yeah, I've thought of doing a chemical process to play with the various colors. But it'll be a pain in the A**, to get back to your original finish. And I'd be crazy to hit my timepiece with a torch for a "hot solution" LoL

However, that is a great link for those who were unaware of the options. I'd like to see some adventurous folks here try a few. :D

HammerHammer
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 11:52 am #3

As some of you know I'm coming to the end of making my own bronze watch and throughout the process I've learned a ton about the different types of bronze. Recently, I came across this website that kinda helps you with the process of patina and the desired look.

Found this interesting.

Others:
Tag Heuer Formula 1
It's the au natural method ,, will take time ,, time spent appreciating the watch ,, it's a journey ,, im in for the long hual ,, this watch and me , well were gunna grow old together , and at the END ??I have no idea , on me or the Bronzo I guess ?? Thats deffo part of the Allure for me ??

Truly this watch you can really have a relationship with , on a VERY different level , unlike any other watch I've owned , your growing and changing every day just as she is , I know >> I am NUTS BUT BRONZO IS GONZO

Apply the bronze case to any KEWL watch designs and I think u get much the same , if u like the design ??

U gunna LOVE the metal , bet ya

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

HammerHammer
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 12:24 pm #4

Maybe the Bronzo is better than the misses ?

She's yet to remind me the last time I was right was in 73 , I mean she's prolly right but still ??

AND the Bronzo >>>

SHE IS ALWAYS ON TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha

Bugger me my misses is the worlds WORST , Yeah SURE Honey I'm Ready

If I had a shekel for everytime I heard that one

PAIN ?

U DON'T know pain till U have had a child , that's pain , I have no idea huh ,, no matter what ,, only she knows real pain

I reckon even if she had NO pain at all ??

Her mum taught the SWB (secret women's business) no matter what , always play that one up HUGE no matter what , it's your ACE up the sleeve that's unbeatable .... God I LOVE that Girl

But I LOVE the Bronzo 2 ,, almost as much

The real thing for me has been finding the most perfect strap that would fit in with the life of the watch and myself ?? A perfect watch deserves a perfect strap , has to be waterproof and unbreakable ,, i reckon I'm almost settled just some more DIY tweaks ,, been enjoying working on this strap ,, anyway I'm not 100% yet ,,, STILL to settle

ROTFLMAO

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

tevj
Paneristi
tevj
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 12:43 pm #5

ROCK ON MONKEY BOY! EVERYBODY WAVE FOR MONKEY BOY! I SAY EVERYBODY DANCE FOR MONKEY BOY!

HammerHammer
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 12:45 pm #6

Only in my lunch box , true , just ask dee

tevj
Paneristi
tevj
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 12:51 pm #7

ROCK ON MONKEY BOY! EVERYBODY WAVE FOR MONKEY BOY! I SAY EVERYBODY DANCE FOR MONKEY BOY!

kftman
Paneristi
kftman
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 5:08 pm #8

Found this interesting.

Others:
Tag Heuer Formula 1

____
MK
______
Mark K

maritimewatches
Paneristi

April 10th, 2012, 11:27 pm #9

Found this interesting.

Others:
Tag Heuer Formula 1
I agree with Hammer and others that the Bronzo is one of those unique pieces that will all age differently.

Unlike many other watches that are admired for being NOS, I believe this watch will be admired for its patina.

I enjoy watching the watch change each month.

Best

Frank

meislergeisler
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 7:01 am #10

Found this interesting.

Others:
Tag Heuer Formula 1
...I'd be cautious with chemicals touching the watch. No issue with the bronze material, but I'd be worried about the rubber seals and plastic parts inside the bezel. Having had to replace these parts in another Sub I'd rather not expose any of my watches to anything other than daily wear & tear.

And that's what's going to make my Bronzo unique and my own completely!

meislergeisler